Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Goth - Minitokyo

page 1 of 1 20 total items

Do you understand what a Goth really is?/

angelxxuan

angelxxuan

ぬいぐるみ !

yes after it became a lifestyle it then was turned into something else...it does not mean a person that wears all black, someone that fakes or be a wannabe a true goth will simply tell you, a goth is someone that is a rebel, that rebels against the system...stereotyped with black/collars/etc because of the whole notion to be a rebel, sadly that's not always the case....and please don't confuse goth with emo...emo is someone that is emotional...I'll leave it at that...

BuBbLeS!

Signature

a goth? humm nothing really.

can't stand it

it means black..

Goth and emo are different and the stereotype surrounding the two drives me effing insane.

angelxxuan is exactly right. Goth = Marilyn Manson. Emo = Hates their life/wants to die (though 99% of them are posers, rather than genuine).

I hate this topic of discussion as I'm called emo by nearly everyone I know all because my hair is longer than average.

It a style that people live by really.
I don't mind either styles, you where whatever you feel comfortable in. IMO

angelxxuan

angelxxuan

ぬいぐるみ !

same here ohara I get called emo all the time and I shut them up telling them one must have emotions before one can become emo...and well my hair is mid calf maybe that's an approach they go with emo as well...dunno people ride stereotypes too much -_-

BuBbLeS!

Signature

Yeah.
Actually, there's not much that I find more irritating than stereotyping - I can't stand it. Even the media and their sex-related humor that involves making women out to be nothing more than pleasure-whoring reusable objects doesn't annoy me as much.

The whole goth thing if I remember correctly:

The whole thing came from roman times, where there were people that were actually the 'Gothic' clan, and in which they were working for the Romans, but were severely mistreated (I think, was something). As a result, they ended up rebelling against the Romans and caused the little Gothic War during the... 400s or something (I hate dates, :P).

Nowadays, goth is a word for rebels, hence the little history.

?(/??)?
?? ???
????????
????????

Yeah, that's correct afaik. I remember going over it in History class... it's amazing how heavily its meaning has been distorted by society. -_-;

\:D/ goth rock on

Not necessarily, since definitions differ.

It a style nothing more.

I always wonder ,is that goth (clothe , music ,etc) and gothic (church building style) have anything in common

Quote by voodooJIt a style nothing more.

Technically no, but you're right if you're referring to what society has made it out to be.

Gothic is not emo, it's not punk, it's not black, it's not evil (well, heeeh). It's to not be afraid of the unknown. Nice and bright is known already. Dark and mysterious is not. That's pretty much ~MYSTERIOUS~'s meaning. Gothic is something that you plunge into, to explore and to be inspired by. I truthfully say I am gothic, without wearing heavy mascara and have dyed hair. I'm interested in the dark wonderfulness of the unknown in this world, to compare it with the light. Light is nothing and cannot exist with out it's direct opposite. : )

I second that. kinda like the yin-yang.

"You are free to sever the chains of fate that bind you..."

page 1 of 1 20 total items

Back to General Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.