Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Do you think Naruto has too many fillers? - Minitokyo

Do you think Naruto has too many fillers?

Tagged under Naruto

page 5 of 5 « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 111 total items

yeah it does

MANDy

MANDy

So...hot...

Everyone's agree that Naruto has too many fillers the same goes for Bleach.....

I do not fear death, but I do fear of losing sight on what I believe in.
hetalia-axis-powers

Well, as I said before, it's not really the number of fillers that matters to me, but the content of said fillers.

I dislike most of the Part 1 fillers because many of them are just pretty random and don't really contribute much more to the series other than screen time for some characters and extending the series. So you could take them out of the equation and the series wouldn't change at all in any fashion really.

Shippuuden's fillers, on the other hand, actually remain relevant overall to the series info-wise by giving us further background on characters/things we only had minimal or no info on before (like how the Sanbi was free and in that lake for Deidara and "Tobi" to capture). This helps...

1.) To set us up for the next arc. (Like Naruto finding out about Jiraiya's death right after the arc involving Utakata and the whole emphasis on master and student relations, thus giving the news a much greater emotional impact.)

2.) Add more meaning to events. (Like Asuma's death in the Kakuzu and Hidan Arc right after the arc with Sora by giving us much more background info on him and his relationship with Hiruzen and such while the manga, with the lack of such info, makes his death seem pointless EXCEPT for motivating Shikamaru).

3.) Add some screen time to other characters (like Team 8 during the Sanbi Arc).

MANDy

MANDy

So...hot...

Quote by HalfDemonInuyashaWell, as I said before, it's not really the number of fillers that matters to me, but the content of said fillers.

I dislike most of the Part 1 fillers because many of them are just pretty random and don't really contribute much more to the series other than screen time for some characters and extending the series. So you could take them out of the equation and the series wouldn't change at all in any fashion really.

Shippuuden's fillers, on the other hand, actually remain relevant overall to the series info-wise by giving us further background on characters/things we only had minimal or no info on before (like how the Sanbi was free and in that lake for Deidara and "Tobi" to capture). This helps...

1.) To set us up for the next arc. (Like Naruto finding out about Jiraiya's death right after the arc involving Utakata and the whole emphasis on master and student relations, thus giving the news a much greater emotional impact.)

2.) Add more meaning to events. (Like Asuma's death in the Kakuzu and Hidan Arc right after the arc with Sora by giving us much more background info on him and his relationship with Hiruzen and such while the manga, with the lack of such info, makes his death seem pointless EXCEPT for motivating Shikamaru).

3.) Add some screen time to other characters (like Team 8 during the Sanbi Arc).

Well said, you've got those points right. But I guess I'm too lazy to watch fillers.....I began lazy since I watched the arc during Naruto and Naruto Shippuuden, It makes me don't want to watch fillers no matter how relevant it is.

I do not fear death, but I do fear of losing sight on what I believe in.
hetalia-axis-powers

Yeah, but as said, it depends on the content and not just relevance to the series. Even if it was relevant to the overall story, but something not all that interesting (to me anyway), then I more than likely won't watch it as it'd still be boring.

yeah and it really annoying

Like right now, with the whole Iruka-flashback filler episodes going on right now...all it is is stuff we've ALREADY been flashback'ed through SEVERAL TIMES throughout Part 1...and a bunch of it stuff we DON'T need to see/hear again...like all the academy girls squealing over Sasuke's name being called and all that stuff.

Yes, they should hurry up and progress with the main storyline, to catch up with the manga.

Yeah. When I saw it was gonna be Iruka-related, I thought we might actually get more about his own childhood and past revealed...then again...the Land of the Sea Arc with Anko gave off that same impression and we got jack out of that too... ><

kunoichi-chan

kunoichi-chan

CG maniac

yes it does. But I skip them :P

Signature Image

ya there r quite a few seems like it takes longer then it should to get through parts of the story but it could be worse

Quote by djmclucasya there r quite a few seems like it takes longer then it should to get through parts of the story but it could be worse

Well, time IS part of the reasoning sometimes, but it's to allow the manga to create more of a gap to the anime since each anime episode takes up a few chapters of the manga at a time usually (around 3 on average) and are also a weekly release and, depending on events, sometimes even 2 episodes on some of those days which would mean the anime would end up catching up to the manga pretty quickly as the manga only releases little bits and pieces at a time with each weekly chapter.

As I point out, if such a thing were to happen, then the anime would either have to take constant breaks to allow the manga to develop its story further over several months (which would get very annoying) or the anime would be forced to make its own original ending since they wouldn't "know" how the manga is going to end which, based on ones I've seen that have had to do so, are usually pretty lame compared to the finished manga's.

Naruto's fillers are annoying allright, but i have to say that i have seen worse.

The fillers going on NOW in Shippuuden (the one with Iruka and now Inari) are examples of the pointless ones that Season 1 had...especially since they're going back to Season 1 stuff that no one would really care about nor have any impact on the story at hand...it just ruins the flow now.

lam0o

lam0o

Filp,Switch And Haruhi?

naruto fillers=some story behind other characters but no reason to even tell

bleach fillers=lame but funny sometimes

Signature

page 5 of 5 « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 111 total items

Back to In-depth Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.