The purpose of this thread is very simple , share the rumors you heard or seen on this thread of the possibilities of Code Geass R3.
Here is what I managed to find.
"Rebirth of ZERO" - There is a possibility of an OVA or even a series regarding Zero. However , it is unclear whether this particular Rebirth would be the actual "Rebirth" of Lelouch or simply Kururugi's role as Zero. It is also unclear whether this would be a series , OVA or Movie.
"Code Geass R3 : Shikkoku no Renya ( Jet Black Renya ) " - Or something along these lines. This is a wide-spread rumor on a Manga that is setted back into the Edo Era. The Main Character is called Renya , who have a mechanical arm that can potentially shoot out 100 Shurikens stimulatively. C.C can also be found in the scan along with another unknown character. ( Foot note : It should be released sometime during in 2010 as a prequel Manga )
"Possibility of OVA " - In a Magazine Scan , there is a picture of Lelouch and C.C wearing casual clothes / Catholic School Uniforms ( You can find the Scan in this very site ) and Lelouch playing with a....dog =.= I have a strong feeling that this is a spin-off OVA.
"Possibility of Manga Adaptation" - As most of you should know by now. Code Geass have two , or rather , three spin-off Mangas. ( One of them follows the actual storyline , except without Knightmares. The other follows Suzaku and the last one is Nightmare of Nunnally , which is a generally darker plot and Zero have a different Geass. ) Though this might not be reliable , it's still worth sharing.
"Wrath of the Gods" - I'm not too sure about this one , nor do I believe this. Apparently , it's based off the term "Ragnarok" or probably the "World of C" .
"Lelouch's survival" - This...is quite obvious.Lelouch survived and R3 would be featuring him. I find this unlikely despite this being one of the more wide-spread forms of rumor. =.=
" Code Geass: Tales of an Alternate Shogunate " - I found this recently , apparently , there might be another spin-off Manga . HOWEVER , the role of Zero is not taken on by Lelouch but by Rei ( The main character of the Visual Novel , Code Geass : Lost Colors , his Geass is the same as Lelouch but it activates by sound ) and Lelouch on the other hand , is a commander who is against this particular Zero / Rei.
For the "Lelouch survived" sort of discussion , I left the details of my opinions below :
Possibilities of his Survival :
- Orange , a man who swore loyalty to Lelouch and his mother , did not hestitate , protest nor reluctantly follow the orders to allow the imminent assassination and death of Lelouch vi Brittania. He even smiled...how ridiculous is that?
- One way or the other , I'd like to see a man who does not fear death nor hestitate upon the day of his assassination , no matter how noble he or she is. His courage is of an unnatural extent , fighting for your life is one matter but giving it up for the sake of the world is yet another matter.
- Upon the day of his death , every main character that was still alive was at the scene of his death. However , where did C.C go? Even though you may say she's praying at the church but that was a couple of scenes earlier so it couldn't still be the same day upon his death. There is a possibilty that she wore the mask his maid wore to distract the spies of his absence ( Remember the joke Episode of which Lelouch have to date about the entire female student population of the school due to his maid's actions? XD ) and replaced him to "die" in his place.
Contradictions of his Survival :
- C.C actually shedded a single tear while she was praying. It is unlikely a person like her would shed a tear for Lelouch's freedom nor reputation and the price of using the Geass is likely death itself.
- Though this may be a weak insight.... Lelouch may not have feared death and he embraced the world's hatred to end it along with his life. It may be suspicious if no body remained ( I really doubt the people would give the "Enemy of the World" a proper grave site )
Neutral Points : ( Depends on your personal views )
- In the ending , there is a paper crane on the carriage. It may be a simple memento C.C kept or it could have been folded by Lelouch.
- C.C is unexpectedly cheerful despite the small timeline difference on the day of Lelouch's death in the ending.
-Charles might have unwittingly gave Lelouch his own Code. Or perhaps it's given to him by his own will. One way or the
other , the Code is activated only upon the death of the user and even with the Code , the user may still be able to use
his or her Geass. ( Though C.C didn't actually use her Geass in the Black Rebellion timeline , Charles did ) However ,
it seems that the Code appears on the same place as the previous Code holder. ( For example , C.C's contractor had the
Code on her forehead and when she passed it on , C.C , too ,have the Code on her forehead ) and the Code is clearly not
on Lelouch's palm either. However , I must again point out that the Code seems to only activate upon death. ( Since C.C
was also "killed" in order to fulfil the contract's ritual as seen in the flashback )