Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 What connection are you using? - Minitokyo

What connection are you using?

This thread is closed for posting.

page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next » 146 total items

dMp

dMp

^___________^

yeah i'm just a cheapo so i'm just running 56k at home. i'm thinking of getting cable soon. meanwhile i always take advantage of the school computers though. damn they are fast T1 lines.

dArkaNGeL

dArkaNGeL

.. you in the real world?

yep 56k too... i don't have the cash for a dsl (cable)

Signature
member of Oishi Nihon, Kasumi-chan and Ecchi-Club

PTG

Firripu-Daioh

I have offically lost trac of how many times this question has been asked :D but hey whatever,, I am a loser with dial-up the cable and DSL providors in my area are too expensive and they suck. That is ok though in a little while I will be enjoying the use of Fiber that is if the city decideds to pay the like 56million in taxes to install it, Well its mine and like 20 other cities.

"If I went around saying I was an Emporer, just because some moistened bink had lobbed a scimitar at me,they'd put me away." (Dennis - Monty Python and the Holy Grail)

tele-fragd

tele-fragd

Cheeky Peach <3

BigPond Cable
10mbit downstream / 128kbps upstream

Nice and fast for me :)

Homer: Pffft English. Who needs that? I'm never going to England.
Mr Largo: Lisa, do you find something funny about the word "tromboner"?
-------------------------------------

//My Anime Collection

Limality

Limality

Sleeping Beast

Erm

2Mbit / 250 kBytes Downstream / 50 kBytes Upstream

DJ-of-E

Le

SBC DSL. For $26.99 a month, I can download at 174 KB/sec and upload at 36 KB/sec. Not a bad price for such speeds.

Limality

Limality

Sleeping Beast

Quote by DJ-of-ESBC DSL. For $26.99 a month, I can download at 174 KB/sec and upload at 36 KB/sec. Not a bad price for such speeds.

can you tell me how much 250 kB/s down and 50 kB/s up would cost you?

Dahz

Dahz

Lee

Shaw@home cable internet.

not sure what the rated speeds are but i hit about 350k down on good servers, 65k up on average with a single bit-torrent running.

best bit torrent download speed was 205k a second. :D

costs $40 cdn a month i think? im not sure.... parents pay the bill. they are as adicted to high speed internet as i am. :D

You Say " I am canadian =)" Varchild says, "everyone has thier faults dahz"

Limality

Limality

Sleeping Beast

WHO DOESNT enjoy having HIGH SPEED internet ^_^

Dahz

Dahz

Lee

i dunno.

the one advantage of canada right now, cheep high speed internet(in my area anyway) due to intense competition between the cable provider and the DSL provider.

cable provider is offering a new higher speed service actually. 5 megabits down, 1 megabit up. for $10 a month more than a standard connection.

i THINK current connection is rated at 2 megabits down, .5 megabits up. im no certain.

You Say " I am canadian =)" Varchild says, "everyone has thier faults dahz"

dMp

dMp

^___________^

tele-fragd must be paying a big bill every month i supposed. even T1 don't go that high and it's about $1k per month. but man that would be nice to have.

hey Dahz....that's one good deal that i wouldn't refuse. especially for 2Mb dl for just $10. jeez i wish i live in Canada. damn here in US or atleast California charges $50+ per month just for cable and can dl maximum only up to 1.5Mb if the connection is really good. typical dl rate is just about 300-400k.

Kev

Retired Moderator

Hannibal

someone has to kick the aussie government
it was $94.95 aussie dollars for 512/128 adsl
now its $74.95 but its still heaps expensive >_<

iht

1.5 Mb upload 64Kbps ADSL
i'm in Vancouver Canadain DSL normally is better then US DSL speeds hehe

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

ZyreX

ZyreX

PixelWiz

0,5mbit down // 0,5mbit up
adsl

but I think ill get 8mbit down 2mbit up soon

Signature

akai

akai

`Procrastinator` ~ t(_ _ t)

Quote by Kevsomeone has to kick the aussie government
it was $94.95 aussie dollars for 512/128 adsl
now its $74.95 but its still heaps expensive >_<

I'm paying S$78.00 for the same thing. -____-"

O.o Infestation of Ichigoism o.O

Osiris

Retired Moderator

Osiris

(>^-^)>( . Y . )

already made a thread on this awhile back =__=

i dl at 400kb/sec

upload at 50kb/sec

wheee :D

Signature

dustin

dustin

Gem Stone

I got 1Mbit/s (115kB/s) down and 768Kbit/s (90kB/s) up. Seems that some internet service providers give lowsy upload speeds like that 10Mbit/s down and only 128Kbit/s up.

dMp

dMp

^___________^

Quote by -=_Osiris_=-already made a thread on this awhile back =__=

lol...Osiris....i looked in the spam forum and didn't see it. or maybe i might have missed it. so i decided to start it. but if this thread isn't necessary then go ahead and close it.

Limality

Limality

Sleeping Beast

Quote by dustinI got 1Mbit/s (115kB/s) down and 768Kbit/s (90kB/s) up. Seems that some internet service providers give lowsy upload speeds like that 10Mbit/s down and only 128Kbit/s up.

Nah that's not quite right....as far as i know there's one issue with TV/Cable Internet which makes it not possible to have the same UP/DOWN-stream

GundamZZ

Retired Moderator

GundamZZ

the invisible mod

LOL....osi lies!!! 400kb/s d/l <_< pshhh...

i got DSL for around $29.99 CAD/mo and i d/l about 300kb/s and upstream of about 80kb/s

Signature Image
*hugglez & kisses* <---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I use comcast cable and it sucks. always going down. I liked my Verizon DSL better.

Do You like my tight sweater? SEE how it fits my body.

Leonryushin

Leonryushin

L33TP4ND4

Modded cable modem networked through 5 computers.
Internet speed: around 5-40 MBs
Computer to computer(within network): around 100MBs

May the Woot be with you!

Limality

Limality

Sleeping Beast

O.o dude where do you live? in freakin' microsofts basement XD?

Leonryushin

Leonryushin

L33TP4ND4

no, i just have my connections. Knowing people is everything in this world. Its not what you know its who you know.

May the Woot be with you!

page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next » 146 total items

Back to Computers & Internet | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.