Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 What connection are you using? - Minitokyo

What connection are you using?

This thread is closed for posting.

page 4 of 7 « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next » 146 total items

DSL. .. dunno any of the technicalities or anything.
*mumbles about being computer stupid*

DSL 256k/128k

I have satalite dont know the exact rate.

Celcius

Celcius

teh dot dood

Roadrunner Cable... I think its something like 1mb/256kb...

Signature

I,m on cable, goes pretty fast i have a max d/l rate of 4.1 mb/s and the same for the u/l rate. i'm paying 80$ a months, but its really worth it, i just cant stand loading a simple webpage for ages...BAN 56k!!!

i'm with shitty optus - unlimited download speed/128kbps upload for $65. You'd think that's ok but it's not when you have a 12GB limit every month.

for about 4 years I had a cable connection. It was 2.5 MBs.. but it was getting to expensive and now I'm down to DSL 512 KBs

Signature

DeusIth

The universe in a dot

ADSL @ 512/256

reaps

Don't fear the reaper...

cable :)

Signature

Surreal

Surreal

sakura flower

Cable , I don't know the up and downstreams though.

Signature

using crapass cable runs at like 100kb/s

Signature
-=(AniStudios])=-

i'm on cable, i can't even imagine going back to 56k

Quote by dMptele-fragd must be paying a big bill every month i supposed. even T1
don't go that high and it's about $1k per month. but man that would be

going to ignore the rest of the topic at the moment just to respond to this. The whole point in a T1 is that your upstream or upload is the same as your download allowing you to host servers and other things that take high amounts of upload, which oyu can't do that well on a residential cable line. If you look your notice that jsut about everyone posting speeds has high down and a relativly low up. As well there is a major differece between residential prices and buisness prices for badnwith. The reason is that your most likely never going to use your bandwith 100% of the time and as well the cable/dsl company never actual signs a agreement allowing you to have that bandwith, they are allowed to cut your bandwith if they think your using to much, and other reasons. I have some friends who host a server in Cali and they pay $80 for 576/576 Kbits which is a good price for that kind of bandwith.

I'm still stuck on 56k :(

Keltosh

Retired Moderator

Keltosh

Inquisitor on hiatus

dsl here.
down 640 kbits
upload 256 kbits

Signature
I am now on hiatus from moderating due to my thesis.
One of my favorite game ever: Mordor: The Depths Of Dejenol Community
The beautiful signature is from Biriwilg

I use adsl 1024 :D

adsl... 512/128, although it some times feels like 56k :s

adsl

0,7 Mb down // 0,5 Mb up

a bit slow, but good enough for me to use

phex

phex

Come to daddy

4 Mbit down, 512 Kbit up
512kb/sec, 64 kb/sec

50 euro/month
:D:D

Signature Image

DSL, not sure of the stats. I can get some fast BT downloads though.

DSL 384kbps

Signature

BoneyCork

BoneyCork

Oshibori

1.5Mbps Down / 256kbps Up Blueyonder Cable all over a D-Link 802.11g 54Mbps Wireless network.

Signature

Bored? Read this.
Ok now find something else to do.

Cable. Still too expensive.

cable

Signature Image

page 4 of 7 « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next » 146 total items

Back to Computers & Internet | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.