The Last Unicorn live action

page 1 of 1 13 total items

tAtEkAnE

tAtEkAnE

Eats You!

Cancel

the question is, is the last unicorn anime? for me yes! it was drawn by the japanese so it's anime! XD

anyhoo, one of my fave animated movies is gonna be turned into live action...<sigh> think they can make it work? althea? played by an actress? is there someone as pretty as that unicorn??? waaaa~ XD

anyway here are some facts:

INFO

The complex technical and artistic development is completed. Great things take their time. We expect to start initial photography end of 2004 with a expected release date towards Christmas 2006.

LATEST NEWS

We are proud to announce that

Geoff Murphy

has accepted to direct the new Last Unicorn movie. Geoff is one of the very best and most experienced New Zealand directors. He made a large number of highly acclaimed feature films and was also director, special effect director and 2nd unit director of various American blockbuster movies. He worked closely with Peter Jackson on "Lord of the Rings". Geoff is the ideal choice for the Last Unicorn movie. His exceptional talent for visual fantasy,

drama, sensitivity and humor and his mastership of special effects will greatly help to re-create the magic of Peter Beagle's story for the big screen.

Actors

Christopher Lee

as King Haggard

Mia Farrow

as Molly Grue

Jonathan Rhys-Meyers

as Schmendrick the Magician

Rene Auberjonois

as Captain Cully

and The Skeleton (V.O.)

Click here to visit the development website

Signature Image

Limality

Limality

Sleeping Beast

Cancel

O_O lol that movie made me really sad and that monster which kille unicorns scared me...when i was little XD oh well maybe ill watch this one :D

candy-chan

Retired Moderator

candy-chan

Cancel

ZOMG this is my childhood movie ;_; i cant beleive......live action? ;_; aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Sandy

Sandy

graphic fighter

Cancel

I think I saw the anime but I was very very young so I can hardly remember *has only "Legend" pictures in her head right now*. I hope they could do something has good as LOTR's visuals. :O

tAtEkAnE

tAtEkAnE

Eats You!

Cancel

yeah the red bull ;_; yeah live action XD no news yet who to be althea tho o_O;;

king haggard will be played by the original voice in the movie, chritopher lee, or who we know as saruman in LOTR

also mia farrow will play molly grue she was the original voice of the character in the animated movie XD

Signature Image

Sandy

Sandy

graphic fighter

Cancel

Do you think unicorns will be made in 3D? ¬_¬; I hope not, considering they did a very good job in Legend. I think they can tame horses to play for this movie as well (Mario Lurachi > all). XD

tAtEkAnE

tAtEkAnE

Eats You!

Cancel

it says in the development site :

Quote: The unicorn will be a trained horse

(in fact 6-8 identical horses) altered by CGI extensions, make-up and occasionally full CGI replacement.

Signature Image

biriwilg

Retired Moderator

biriwilg

+indie mod+

Cancel

Waaaah, I just found out about this the other day, I'm so excited! And I never heard of the animated version, gotta check that out. ^_^

candy-chan

Retired Moderator

candy-chan

Cancel

it better be good ;_;
i dont give them the right to destroy such a good movie

Cancel

Thank you for posting this! I didn't know they were making a live action, I can hardly wait - Jonathan Rhys-Meyers in a film of one of my favorite books, doesn't get much better than that. n___n

On ne recolte que ce qu'on a seme.

tAtEkAnE

tAtEkAnE

Eats You!

Cancel

Quote by biriwilgWaaaah, I just found out about this the other day, I'm so excited! And
I never heard of the animated version, gotta check that out. ^_^

waaaaaaaaa~ biri! i think it would be kinda hard to find now...it was done in 1982 :O wakekeke! but i'm sure there's till some out there ;)

Quote by firnthoronwenThank you for posting this! I didn't know they were making a live
action, I can hardly wait - Jonathan Rhys-Meyers in a film of one of my
favorite books, doesn't get much better than that. n___n

no prob :D it's one of my fave movies and i love althea, she's so pretty and the story ;_; so good!

Signature Image

HikyuuTera

HikyuuTera

*~*The Kenshin Addict*~*

Cancel

I heard that the the original cast from the original movie is gonna play some characters.It's just too bad that the voice actress of the Unicorn/Amalthea isn't playing her part because she's too old.And the answer to you question about it being anime or not.It is anime you can tell by the eyes and the details of the animation only you need to look close to the details to see.
I can't wait till the live action is made but I bet they would have to use a white horse for the unicorn which would be close but the hooves and tail as well as the body wouldn't be the same. but oh well we can't have everything lol.and some of the effects would have to be altered I wonder how they're gonna do that...hmm..I can't wait to see how they make it.

Signature Image
The way to atone is to believe in what we have here.
-Kenshin

Cancel

True, the main character certainly displays the anime style,
yet still in my head i don't consider it anime. :)

For the live action, I hope they keep some of the songs and I think casting Lee as
King Haggard was a great choice.

• Aug 05, 2005

page 1 of 1 13 total items

Back to Music & Movies | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.