Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Astral_Queen_source deletion - Minitokyo

Astral_Queen_source deletion

Tagged under Ugetsu Hakua

page 1 of 1 10 total items

Astara

Astara

Scanner, Artistic

Quote: Athenae,

The scan you have submitted (AstralQueen_source) was removed for one or more of the following reasons:

- The image was too small. Only scans with a clear subject of 1,000,000 pixels or more are accepted.
- The scan contains excessive artifacts. This includes, but is not limited to: page folds, dust, or text on the image.
- The image was enlarged. The majority of anime images found on the internet are not sufficient quality to be submitted at Minitokyo, please do not attempt to enlarge these images for submission.

If you still find the scan is of decent quality however, you can always submit it at Minitokyo's sister site: Zerochan.
Sincerely,
Minitokyo Staff
This is an automated message and cannot be replied.
Additional information provided by the moderator:
You shouldn\'t extract scans because the overall quality gets bad.

Inquiries can be made in the Deletion Complaints forum.

----

Was the overall quality bad in the extraction?

It was not 'enlarged' (it was reduced from 15000 pixels to 7000 for a size to work with), does it have artifacts not in the original artwork (the fish-scale effect on her lower legs was in the original art -- unlike the other picture of her out of water. I may try to clean those off to redo Astral Queen, but it won't be the original and doesn't look as good, I agree, but it would be in the exact scan as well. And certainly it wasn't too small. I can post the real scan but you'll like it less. The dark areas behind her show visible color difference lines where the picture was rejoined. I'm not sure why they would have scanned differently.

I can try another scan from scratch, but I'm not very confident that it won't have similar problems. Even getting the angles to line up was remarkably difficult considering I was *extremely* careful to place align them with extra precision.

Maybe it's just that I'm suppose to have a 24x14" scanner bed? Haven't seen any of those in the consumer market, but I may be in the wrong price bracket for that type of scanner.

Astara(athena)

MadoshiKurefu

Retired Moderator, Scanner

MadoshiKurefu

DESTIEL

Why did you cut out the character? ^^ Did you look at the lines? How bad they look? And it looks like you've used a filter on the scan and that way the scan looks more low in quality. You don't need to cut the character and put it on a color background. Just scan the image and if you want you can remove dust and scratches but please don't use that much filter on a scan. And I think it's not because of your scanner because this one looks good enough: Shark girl
I would just try to scan it again with the original background. You can upload your new scan then. Let's see how it will come out. ;)

Roses are red / Dean’s blood too / On his knees begging / “Please, this isn’t you” (SUPERNATURAL)

Astara

Astara

Scanner, Artistic

If you look at the original, that 'color cast' is present there as well, it's just not as obvious against the darker blue the artist used. It's also not as obvious in my 'Astral Queen' wall of her, but it's visible, never the less -- as someone drew my attention to it there, as well.

I've spent the few weeks since then, off and on, trying to redo the edges and trying to correct the color (from the original scan), to something that looks normal, but since the original artwork is tweaked for the 'under ocean' effect, I'm facing a high-level challenge for one of my first pieces. I'm mostly talking about correcting it for use in a wall -- not for a scan result, for that, I'd need to rescan. For some reason, each of the scans scanned in at slightly different shades than the others.

I wasn't aware of it at the time, but my scanner has an auto-exposure setting it uses -- but it's not too adjustable, it's either off or on. Turning it off, and I've gotten horrible results.

This Comment system, BTW, is not good -- it doesn't notify me when there's a new post to one of
my messages. I don't even remember everything I've posted (I mean I do later, but often not all at once), let alone *where* I need to look. Would be nice if it sent me an email message (notification could be turned on/off) for each message added to a thread I've asked to be notified about...

Like this one -- I don't know if you will ever see my response. So you are subject to the same problem.
I'd have to PM you to see it.
But i'll have to also remember to check here to see if you do respond! :-)...

So much remembering...I don't do that. That's why I have a computer!

:-)
A*a

vitaamin

vitaamin

DUKE 2010 NCAA CHAMPS!

(i am not going to provide an opinion about the scan as im not a scan mod)

you should be getting notifications for responses to threads. if you are not getting notifications from the deletion appeals thread, you might want to contact sheqel. might be a bug, but as far as i know everyone else is getting them.

Signature Image
vector-wallers tag-licious

Astara

Astara

Scanner, Artistic

I get notifications if I know where to look and if I know to look. But I don't get any emails, if that's what you mean. So unless I poll my user page on some frequent basis, I won't know when someone has sent me a message.

Was used to some other forums (not anime) where I get an email message (optionally) if I choose to subscribe to a thread -- whenever someone posts to that thread -- until I unsubscribe, or the thread dies a natural (or unnatural, :-) ) death...

angelxxuan

angelxxuan

ぬいぐるみ !

to quote vit (i am not going to provide an opinion about the scan as im not a scan mod)

everything is under the notification tab, for private messages and for guestbook posts, notifications from posts you've made everything. on the drop down there are three sections on notifications if this isn't working then http://my.minitokyo.net/notes is notifications http://my.minitokyo.net/pm/inbox is the inbox and http://my.minitokyo.net/pm/outbox is the outbox I hope this helps you some.

as for notifications to posts it tends to be only a few weeks and I heard rumors that sheq is working on a program to turn on/off notifications as for now you just have to wait and see, also check out the option on your personal profile labeled More Information you'll find something labeled Forum Post once there you'll find another tab labeled find post which will help you find the post that you posted in here's a link to where I just sent you to http://athenae.minitokyo.net/posts/forum I hope this helps a bit ^_^

BuBbLeS!

Signature

vitaamin

vitaamin

DUKE 2010 NCAA CHAMPS!

as angel said we've been asking for a watching thread option but its taking time to make. as far as emails go, i dont know if we ever really wanted to have this since you get notifications on the site--i dont know if many members have asked for it so it will be up to demand.

Signature Image
vector-wallers tag-licious

Astara

Astara

Scanner, Artistic

Does anyone who has posted in the thread get subsequently notified in their private messages? I'm not horribly fixed on the email thing -- they were different sites with different foci and different ways of doing things.

I second this motion.

Astara

Astara

Scanner, Artistic

I'd have to comment that members asking and members liking the feature are unlikely to be the same figure. As for my opinion -- there are likely more important things on the tasklist. This one might be one to add, but just not given a high priority? Dunno...Unless it really isn't wanted, then nevermind! :-)

I have task that have been on my global "todo" list for years before getting done. But those
things were on the task list and when I got the opportunity and time to do them, they were there to remind me they weren't a 1 time whim, but something I'd decided to carry around on my internal task list for a long time. Thus I should go ahead and do it.

It's like like waiting for a task to rise (or fall) in priority -- if other reasons for something comes up, then you start having more than one reason to do the same task. For really large tasks/issues, I usually try to have 3-4 fairly good reasons before undertaking it. I want to sometimes make sure I don't act on whims. That doesn't mean that for small or easy things I don't, occasionally, "whim-out"...:-)

A*a

page 1 of 1 10 total items

Back to Deletion Appeals | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.