Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Will this wallpaper work for this site? - Minitokyo

Will this wallpaper work for this site?

page 1 of 1 4 total items

I used a photo of mine for the background and two scans on here for the foreground. Is this acceptable for a wallpaper?

http://www.animepaper.net/gallery/wallpapers/sessions/item102956/

thingperson

thingperson

Elizabeth, Ruler Of All Bishies

I would think it wouldn't because while you did extract the scan that scan doesn't provide a lot of things to work with. You also only put the extracted scan on top of a cloud background with nothing else. Its a little to empty and doesn't look like you provided enough effort into this wall and with the Minitokyo Policy it does say if has lack in any area it will be deleted. I would try putting more into the background and putting the scan in the middle and maybe having brushes coming from the scan in the middle maybe abstract ones. I would also redo the text right now it looks really bad quality. I would use a different color and take out the Logo or place it in a different spot than where you are putting your text because when you put your text side by side with the logo you can tell the differences in the quality very badly.

I hope this helps some, and if you have any questions or need anymore advise I will be happy to help you..*smiles*.

All hail Queen Elizabeth, ruler of all bishies. Watch your back, you wanna-be's
My Husband's are Kaname, Tsuna, Ichigo, Naruto, Haji, Hei, Sebastian, Lee-Leng
and that is why my world is of silk sheets, imported champagne, and endless erotic delight..
Signature
	Image VISIT THE userpageskindesignss20-signaturestudiotag-licious AND JOIN US

kuroimisa

Retired Moderator

kuroimisa

Wizard of Darkness -under a rock

Hi Karmira,

I will have to agree on thingperson's advice, however I have a few other pointers for you.

1. Wallpapers need integration between the scan and the background
By this, it's not just placement and how you faded the white to blend into the sky, but also the idea. The scan itself has a multitude of characters already arranged in a way that is logo-ish. By putting them to the side, it kind of leaves a lot of empty space (for icons, I understand), but breaks up the composition for it to be unbalanced. I'd move the scan to the centre and try to focus on the fact that it is like a splash logo composition.

Next, the sky does not seem to really walk hand in hand with the scan itself - I can see flowers on the scan - perhaps you could try to continue to keep with a floral or a blossoming theme along with some elegant abstract swirls as thingperson has suggested and test it out.

2. Avoid the use of logos.
I know people might want to disagree with me on this, but if I were you, I'd stay far away from logos. Firstly, they are hard to extract, and secondly, they are too formal or commercial to work with a wallpaper. What's more, when you submit a wallpaper with a logo on it, two things automatically come to mind - (1) this person didn't have anything else to fill up the space with, hence they used a logo (2) this could possibly be a rip of an official wallpaper. In this situation, I'd more likely to think (1).

I hope that this has given you a few ideas - you're on the right track, and the colours are lovely and pleasing to the idea, but I think you need to take that extra step and integrate the scan with the background a little more and strengthen the idea of a group of blossoming youths ;) But yes, definitely composition-wise, I think with that scan, it'd work best in the centre, and focused as an abstract splash in the middle of the wallpaper. GL!

Signature
Misa|Virtuoso and Legend of W.A.R - UA|Most coordinated Legion of W.A.R
MINITOKYO-WIDE KNOCKOUT WALLING COMP: LAUNCHES MARCH 2010. ONE WINNER. ONE PRIZE.
ADD ME TO YOUR FRIENDS <3

Thank you very much for your advice.

My program doesn't use a lot of the brushes, but I've found some ways around that. Even if I like the logo, I can see your reasoning there. I'l keep it out our change it enough be different. I'll try your advice out on my revision.

Quote by kuroimisaHi Karmira,

I will have to agree on thingperson's advice, however I have a few other pointers for you.

1. Wallpapers need integration between the scan and the background
By this, it's not just placement and how you faded the white to blend into the sky, but also the idea. The scan itself has a multitude of characters already arranged in a way that is logo-ish. By putting them to the side, it kind of leaves a lot of empty space (for icons, I understand), but breaks up the composition for it to be unbalanced. I'd move the scan to the centre and try to focus on the fact that it is like a splash logo composition.

Next, the sky does not seem to really walk hand in hand with the scan itself - I can see flowers on the scan - perhaps you could try to continue to keep with a floral or a blossoming theme along with some elegant abstract swirls as thingperson has suggested and test it out.

2. Avoid the use of logos.
I know people might want to disagree with me on this, but if I were you, I'd stay far away from logos. Firstly, they are hard to extract, and secondly, they are too formal or commercial to work with a wallpaper. What's more, when you submit a wallpaper with a logo on it, two things automatically come to mind - (1) this person didn't have anything else to fill up the space with, hence they used a logo (2) this could possibly be a rip of an official wallpaper. In this situation, I'd more likely to think (1).

I hope that this has given you a few ideas - you're on the right track, and the colours are lovely and pleasing to the idea, but I think you need to take that extra step and integrate the scan with the background a little more and strengthen the idea of a group of blossoming youths ;) But yes, definitely composition-wise, I think with that scan, it'd work best in the centre, and focused as an abstract splash in the middle of the wallpaper. GL!

merged: 01-25-2010 ~ 07:15am
I'll try making it more fancy without spoiling the beautiful scan. Thanks for your advice.

Quote by thingpersonI would think it wouldn't because while you did extract the scan that scan doesn't provide a lot of things to work with. You also only put the extracted scan on top of a cloud background with nothing else. Its a little to empty and doesn't look like you provided enough effort into this wall and with the Minitokyo Policy it does say if has lack in any area it will be deleted. I would try putting more into the background and putting the scan in the middle and maybe having brushes coming from the scan in the middle maybe abstract ones. I would also redo the text right now it looks really bad quality. I would use a different color and take out the Logo or place it in a different spot than where you are putting your text because when you put your text side by side with the logo you can tell the differences in the quality very badly.

I hope this helps some, and if you have any questions or need anymore advise I will be happy to help you..*smiles*.

page 1 of 1 4 total items

Back to The Sandbox | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.