Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 How you explain the difference b/w anime and cartoons - Minitokyo

How you explain the difference b/w anime and cartoons

page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Next » 85 total items

If someone were to ask you the difference between anime and cartoons, how do you respond?

Anime is from Japan.

"You don't have to love thy neighbor, just leave the damn bastard alone!"

FinalFantasyFans

angelxxuan

angelxxuan

ぬいぐるみ !

there's not a difference, cartoons and anime are the same thing, animation, in japan it's called animation, the americans/other shortened it to anime. but most cases it's japanime, the location being the first few letters. but since we're probably dealing with outsiders, it's best to explain it like how J explained it.

BuBbLeS!

Signature

YAY : D i did something right...

but going into more detail you could say the style is different, japanime style usually sports small faces and big eyes, also there is no gore content in cartoons.

"You don't have to love thy neighbor, just leave the damn bastard alone!"

FinalFantasyFans

i think there is a difference. you don't see people cosplaying for cartoons like ed,edd, and eddy. but you do from naruto. The difference is the details in drawing, the content, and the plots. also, cartoons don't have manga. some barley have ugh, "comics". while anime has mangas~ ^^ heres one or 2 cartoons people usually get confused as anime. (sorry if i spelled them wrong)
code leyoko
(in my opinun i don't think tht kindom hearts is an anime or a good video game. number one, it doesn't have a manga it only has comics, (real manga is read right to left so u know when its a real manga or just a comic) plus it has disney CARTOONS in it. also i played the game and i wasn't impressed. :/ acually im not sure if kindom hearts is a cartoon either.....perhaps a mix? but the "anime" characters in kindom hearts r nicely draw and a lil detailed...hmm....(thinking)
and some other stuff 2 tht kinda just left my mind but yeah. ^^;;;

??????????????

In my opinion I think that cartoon is more like american anime while anime is like japanese cartoon xD
But the art style of the two is quite differentand in my opinion i think that anime is better xD

THEY ARE THE SAME --- really do they have another name for Spanish cartoons? French? German? Italian? Brazilian? I watch all kinds of shows not just from Japan but from other countries too. I generally just look at anime the most because most of them are very good and enjoyable

nixhel

nixhel

Far niente ("Doing nothing")

Anime is from Japan and it is of a much wider variety than cartoons. There're anime for kids and anime for young adults, older adults (hentai), etc. Or so I believe ^^;;;

Signature
	ImageƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Gigni de nihilo nihilum, in nihilum nil posse reverti Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ From nothing nothing can come, into nothing nothing can return Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ

anime is japanese cartoons

Quote by Qu3sti0nAnime is from Japan.

yes yes, i say that too.
simply: anime is japanese, cartoon is angmohish.

anime is japanese cartoon Not or not.

Anime = from Japan
Cartoon = mostly from USA
Yes, I'm that simple minded.

anime is just japanese cartoons.

Difference between how people feel.

anime japan, cartoon america

in anime the gurls are beautiful and cute, in cartoons its for kids...................

I wouldnt b able to properly say it but the only thing i'll say is that aniem is from japan while cartoon are form america, also ultimately their design and concept in char and story are epically different wouldnt u say?

anime has a different drawing stlye..and yes, all animes are not meant for everyone. there are different genres for different tastes and types.

Ok... Hopefully i came to the right place... Ive been lookin for a specefic anime for over two years... Ive seen two breif clips so mayb some1 can help me figure it out... Please

All anime are technically cartoons. The difference is (besides their origin country), some anime are willing to tackle more mature themes than cartoons (and with more intelligence and complexity), while cartoons remain kids' stuff. And I'm not talking about just hentai. And anime at its best still comes out on top of cartoons. Think Lain VS Batman: The Animated Series. As much as I liked the latter...it can't compare to the bottomless pit that is Lain's depth.

anime = japan

anime product of Japan..their charac and story line much x3 better than cartoon.
when i know anime i never see cartoon anymore.

Anatnem

Anatnem

All hail Neko-Sama

Anime / Manga is a style type which mainly started in japan. Cartoons mostly come from USA or America and sometimes from england but they differ completely and cartoon story lines are generally more for kids and younger teens where as manga is for different age groups.

Signature

Anime's usually have a plot, great art and have a lot of genre's ( EX :code geass = comedy + drama + action + mecha ..) not to mention age recommendations ( i think that's how their called) while most cartoons are episodic , fast art , usually just focus on comedy ( if not always) , can be watched at all ages XD . And anime's are pure Japanese awesomeness <333.

page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Next » 85 total items

Back to General Anime & Manga Talk | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.