Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 MINITOKYO KNOCKOUT 2010 [ROUND1!] - Minitokyo

MINITOKYO KNOCKOUT 2010 [ROUND1!]

This thread is closed for posting.

page 4 of 5 « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next » 102 total items

bromithia

Retired Moderator

bromithia

Two. more. people.

MapleRose

Retired Moderator

MapleRose

likes rainbows :D

hopefully more people will know about it when MTM is published =D

Well thanks to this thread now I know more about it!

Gid

Gid

LAZY AS ALL HELL

I posted on the Wordpress, but I'll post here too. I'm more than interested in participating. (:

kuroimisa

Retired Moderator

kuroimisa

Wizard of Darkness -under a rock

Gid - I got your comment (though it'd be easier for you probably since it's easier to check Mt - so I'll reply here), and most definitely! Welcome :D

merged: 03-07-2010 ~ 10:32am
One more person only! (if flyin says yes :D)

Signature
Misa|Virtuoso and Legend of W.A.R - UA|Most coordinated Legion of W.A.R
MINITOKYO-WIDE KNOCKOUT WALLING COMP: LAUNCHES MARCH 2010. ONE WINNER. ONE PRIZE.
ADD ME TO YOUR FRIENDS <3

bromithia

Retired Moderator

bromithia

chrisp said they want to participate over in the MTM issue 22 thread! And Gid is participating? awesome :3

Sheqel

Administrator

Sheqel

Please do not use font size for emphasis.

kuroimisa

Retired Moderator

kuroimisa

... okay Sheq .__. *edits all large googly eyed fontage*

brom - WOOP! Waiting on chrisp to reply/ confirm and I'm going to go bug flyin now >:3

Hopefully if I hear back soon, I'll be able to draw out the names and set the theme! (Tomorrow!) - I have a day off and let's just say WOOT!

Erm, I think most updates will be on the wordpress site though. If you still haven't visited it, it's here: www.minitokyoknockout2010.wordpress.com - everything is formatted nice and all and it's neater. Of course, this thread will still be here for updates, questions and such.

-----
UPDATE:

I've sent out a PM to all participants to confirm their place in the competition. If you didn't get one, let me know. I'm pretty sure I didn't miss out anyone - but if I did - EEP?

I've also sent out a PM to all judges and HELPER02s to confirm their code numbers and when they are going to be active in the competition.

I think this competition needs to really start, lol. If we're one participant short, I'm going to put in one of the wildcards as the 24th participant and let fate take its course. (pleasejoinflyin<3)

Signature
MINITOKYO-WIDE KNOCKOUT WALLING COMP: LAUNCHES MARCH 2010. ONE WINNER. ONE PRIZE.

bromithia

Retired Moderator

bromithia

yeah please join flyin! :P

and I like the wordpress! Bookmarking now.

MapleRose

Retired Moderator

MapleRose

lol I just read the tie-breaker rule of playing Bejeweled, I'd totally go for it =D

oh yeah, will we know who our opponent is?

yay flyin has been blackmail confirmed! I can't wait XD

kuroimisa

Retired Moderator

kuroimisa

KNOCKOUT STARTS.... NOW!

Hi everyone, we've achieved our ultimate goal of getting 24 participants :)

Maple- yes, everyone will know who their opponent is :) The order I draw out the names (well, I draw them in pairs) will be placed under the little humans on the competition layout so you know who you have a chance of going against for the next round and stuff. And the blackmailing of flyin has confirmed XD

Welcome to Knockout everyone!

KNOCKOUT HAS NOW OFFICIALLY STARTED.

The theme for Round 1 is "WELCOME TO MY WORLD". Check wordpress for the exact rules and stuff.

<3

Signature

MapleRose

Retired Moderator

MapleRose

LOL, Misa, those glasses are so cute! XD

kuroimisa

Retired Moderator

kuroimisa

Thanks, Maple >:3 I don't wear glasses though Dx Those are my insane photoshoot glasses >_<

Signature

DREAM

DREAM

Lord of Dreams

just uploaded the updated version of my contest promo wall with ALL combatants names listed. see here. alternative version can be procured ---->> . any typos let me know, please.

Quote by Rebel-Soul-KazeThe smell of blood, tears and murder is on the air :3...god how i miss this feeling before a competition

good luck peoples. except for Lady Ephemeral-Garden. jk hehe :heads back to the lab:

lady misa- nice shades - i am partial towards the John Lennon type myself. ;) re: the disguise: are you on the most wanted list or are you trying to keep future stalkers away. ;) haha jk

kuroimisa

Retired Moderator

kuroimisa

Lol! That's more like the spirit >:3

DREAM - I just don't really like my entire face plastered somewhere on the web lol - or at least if it is, I don't want my name attached to it :P

Signature

MapleRose

Retired Moderator

MapleRose

Just curious, what was the theme originally chosen?

DREAM

DREAM

Lord of Dreams

lady Maplerose: the theme was "... is my life"

lady misa- i agree with you; the net can be a scary place indeed. :( better to be safe than sorry. _-_

multiple-papercuts

multiple-papercuts

no longer active here

Hm, I can't seem to find the rules. I was wondering to what extent we're judged on how evident the theme is?

kuroimisa

Retired Moderator

kuroimisa

multiple-papercuts, here's the link to the rules / scoring:

http://minitokyoknockout2010.wordpress.com/rules/
http://minitokyoknockout2010.wordpress.com/scoring/

You can find the links at the top menu of the wordpress site :) The theme should be fairly evident at first glance - that's what everyone should aim for ^.^

And x2 for DREAM, the theme was "...is my life" - which was really quirky XD;;

Signature

multiple-papercuts

multiple-papercuts

no longer active here

Oh, how blind of me >< Thank you~

MapleRose

Retired Moderator

MapleRose

question/clarification: you said we're not allowed to use other people's vector art/trace art, what about stock images? or like vector brushes?

merged: 03-11-2010 ~ 09:11pm
also, are we allowed to ask for clarifications on the theme? XD

kuroimisa

Retired Moderator

kuroimisa

Maple - stock images and vector brushes are okay. I just had to make a note about the scan sources being original/ unmodified if you get my drift :)

And yes, you can ask for clarifications lol :)

IMPORTANT - please check the wordpress site for the FAQs. I missed out some rules - one important one being that you do NOT post your entry up on the Internet (anywhere!) until the round results and next theme has been announced!

Thanks <3

Signature

MapleRose

Retired Moderator

MapleRose

okay, clarification about theme: it doesn't have to be my personal world, right? It can be like.. for example, one character in the wall showing their world to another character, or something like that?

kuroimisa

Retired Moderator

kuroimisa

Maple- haha yes, you can do that. I think I wrote in the wordpress round 1 post that it can be the chosen scan character's world (or anyone's world, really) - and it can be anything. I'll probably chuck this up on the FAQ, but literally anything that has anything to showing a person's "world" is accepted (in a fairly obvious - but creative way).

Signature

page 4 of 5 « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next » 102 total items

Back to Art | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.