Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Is this wall accepted? - Minitokyo

Is this wall accepted?

page 1 of 1 7 total items

davezzz

davezzz

Kuso No Breakin No Lilly

http://i47.tinypic.com/w9a2jm.jpg

is this okay? or if its not? can you give suggestion what can i add to my wall? or to make it improve more? thanks..

"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication."

"Anything simple always interests me."

kuroimisa

Retired Moderator

kuroimisa

Wizard of Darkness -under a rock

Hello again davezzz,

The same question is about the character/ vector you used - is it your own work? If it's not, you should try to credit who made it.

There's also the same problem with the stock photo in the back that hasn't been changed much. I think this wallpaper is better and easier to fix than the other wallpaper you posted, because we see the girl's full body. The trees in the back though, are still too small if you compare the size of the trunk and height of the trees with her body. I'd make the background larger, and if the vector is yours (meaning you know how to vector), I'd vector the background over the photo or paint over them in a way so that it's not just a photo in the back.

If you need any help with that, just reply, and we'll see what else we can suggest to help :)

Signature
Misa|Virtuoso and Legend of W.A.R - UA|Most coordinated Legion of W.A.R
MINITOKYO-WIDE KNOCKOUT WALLING COMP: LAUNCHES MARCH 2010. ONE WINNER. ONE PRIZE.
ADD ME TO YOUR FRIENDS <3

davezzz

davezzz

Kuso No Breakin No Lilly

Quote by kuroimisaHello again davezzz,

The same question is about the character/ vector you used - is it your own work? If it's not, you should try to credit who made it.

There's also the same problem with the stock photo in the back that hasn't been changed much. I think this wallpaper is better and easier to fix than the other wallpaper you posted, because we see the girl's full body. The trees in the back though, are still too small if you compare the size of the trunk and height of the trees with her body. I'd make the background larger, and if the vector is yours (meaning you know how to vector), I'd vector the background over the photo or paint over them in a way so that it's not just a photo in the back.

If you need any help with that, just reply, and we'll see what else we can suggest to help :)

maam.. I need your help..I want you to do this "I'd make the background larger, and if the vector is yours (meaning you know how to vector), I'd vector the background over the photo or paint over them in a way so that it's not just a photo in the back. " what you said.. I want to see the real thing maam..edit my wall..:D and also.. sorry for not giving credits to the vectors owner..Its just,, I forgot where it came from...sorry..

kuroimisa

Retired Moderator

kuroimisa

I can't do it for you, but I can give you examples of stuff:

Afternoon Snack by yago-san

This submission if you compare to the scan, the background got repainted and extended. The details are gone, but it's okay - the sizes match and it looks like the same style as the anime character.

Or even this wallpaper which is more simple:

The Forbidden Love by Lady89

She used a stock photo in the back, but the size of the tree is about right compared to the people. She also did extra lighting effects to make it look real, but also changed the trees to look less photograph-ish.

Maybe those examples will help you understand what I mean a bit better :)

Signature
MINITOKYO-WIDE KNOCKOUT WALLING COMP: LAUNCHES MARCH 2010. ONE WINNER. ONE PRIZE.

davezzz

davezzz

Kuso No Breakin No Lilly

Quote by kuroimisaI can't do it for you, but I can give you examples of stuff:

This submission if you compare to the scan, the background got repainted and extended. The details are gone, but it's okay - the sizes match and it looks like the same style as the anime character.

Or even this wallpaper which is more simple:

She used a stock photo in the back, but the size of the tree is about right compared to the people. She also did extra lighting effects to make it look real, but also changed the trees to look less photograph-ish.

Maybe those examples will help you understand what I mean a bit better :)

oww..thats really hard..is there some tutorials how to do that..? because i also want to learn.. maam..its late here..sorry.. can we continue this tomorrow? and by the way..what about this one?

http://i49.tinypic.com/29n9z7k.jpg

thanks.

kuroimisa

Retired Moderator

kuroimisa

Lol, the forums are open any time. There is no rush to reply :)

Tutorials - I think it depends on what you're interested in learning first. I think what you're trying to do is a little too much since you've just started. I would get used to photoshop first and see how to use things. I think though, you should learn how to use the pentool first. It will really help you.

http://members.mpx.com.au/kuroimisa/pentool.jpg
http://members.mpx.com.au/kuroimisa/pentool2.jpg
http://members.mpx.com.au/kuroimisa/pentool3.jpg
http://members.mpx.com.au/kuroimisa/pentool4.jpg

These are tutorials I made a few years ago, but they should be fairly easy to follow (they're not in order, but they assume that you practiced with the tutorial so you can figure things out yourself) - I think once you learn how to use that, you pretty much will know how to do vectors and everything (including making your own vectors - once you can do this, you can do anything and your wallpaper submissions will not have any problems being accepted)

The wallpaper you posted is I think better than your other two wallpapers, but the same problem is I can't tell how much is your own work and what is a vector or not. The idea is much stronger. I'd get rid of the copied image of her though - it doesn't really do much for your idea, and ghosting should be avoided (Minitokyo Policy says it) unless you really need her to be in the background again.

Signature

davezzz

davezzz

Kuso No Breakin No Lilly

ma'am..your a god..your really good..your explanations in my wallpapers are not simple..you've just explain it well to me..It made me realize..making wallpapers are not just easy..I will keep all the advice you said to me..and practice more..so I can make a simple and nice wallpaper..thank you ma'am for all the advice and tutorials..

merged: 02-13-2010 ~ 03:43am
maam? i've seen a wallpaper just like mine..here Clannad by rainsworth
Clannad by rainsworth he/she use a stock photo..
its just his/her wallpaper is colorful...? and put a simple text and light.. but the height of the tree is accepted..

merged: 02-16-2010 ~ 07:40am

also here: very simple with simple BG? why?
is this accepted? can you tell me? why is it accepted?

Simply Naruto by rafsanakib
Simply Naruto by rafsanakib

page 1 of 1 7 total items

Back to The Sandbox | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.