Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 FAQ: New Suggested Tag Admin Entry - Minitokyo

FAQ: New Suggested Tag Admin Entry

Group announcement by Tag-licious

page 1 of 1 1 total item

vitaamin

vitaamin

DUKE 2010 NCAA CHAMPS!

It has come to my attention that people are confused by and dont understand the reasoning behind the new format, so this thread will be a forum for answering any questions pertaining to the format. Questions that deal with why Fran + i changed this format, how it makes it easier for us to understand your requests or that simply deal with how to actually write certain requests can be asked here and the main post will be refreshed with the pertinent answers.

Remember, its only a suggested format that makes it easier so you are under no obligation to follow it. but it WILL help us both ACCURATELY and QUICKLY process your requests so its advised to follow it.

General format: Main Tag(link) (Parent, Parent, Parent) alias: (alias, alias, alias)

Quote by Suggested Entry Format
SERIES: Series(link) (Mangaka, Studio) alias: (1, 2, 3)
Bleach (Kubo Tite, Studio Pierrot) alias: Bleac

MANGAKA: Mangaka(link) alias (1, 2, 3)
Kubo Tite alias: tite kubo, kubo ti

CHARACTERS: Character(link) (Series, Gender, Attribute, Attribute) alias (1, 2, 3)
Rukia Kuchiki (Bleach, Females, Shinigami, Short Hair, Black Hair) alias: Kuchiki Rukia, Kuchiki Ruki
Ichigo Kurosaki (Bleach, Males, Shinigami, Orange Hair, Brown Eyes) alias: Kurosaki Ichigo, Ichigo and Zangetsu
Naruto Uzumaki (Naruto, Males, Short Hair, Ninja, Blue Eyes, Blonde Hair) alias: Uzumaki Naruto
Athrun Zala (Mobile Suit Gundam Seed, Males, Short Hair, Blue Hair, Green Eyes)

THEME Theme(link) (Parent, Parent) alias (1, 2, 3)
Dresses alias: Dress, Dres
Violins (Musical Instruments) alias: Violin, Violi

FAQ

1) Why is there a new sample entry format?
The answer to this question is many-fold, its mainly because Sheq has made some back-end changes that help us process requests more effectively. This format will help us carry out your requests faster.

The previous format also left a lot of requests up to the imagination of the requester and the staff member fulfilling the requests. This way, it is clearer what the requester wants and saves you the time of typing out normal requests.

2) Why do we have to organize by Tag Type, and not by Series?
When staff members fulfill requests, they usually do it in the following steps: 1) change tag type, 2) add parents, 3) add aliases. Thus it makes logical sense for the request to be organized by Tag Type

Another larger reason is mainly that members usually write "please change to studio" or "please change to mangaka" or they just link these tags within the series information. This means that 1) its more writing for you and 2) sometimes, requests to change a tag type are not fulfilled properly/not understood. This ensures that all tag types are correct and that you dont have to write "please change to studio" after every tag request.

3) Why do we have to write the series name under each character?
The series and gender are the two most important parent tags (the attribute tags are really secondary and not as important). Thus including the series within the list of parents helps us add it to the parent tags correctly, and ensures that it is added properly since we are no longer organizing by series.

if you don't add the series under each character, chances are Fran and I will do it for you, but this is much more difficult on our end since we don't get pretty formatting within the edit function.

4) What do I need to link and what can I leave out?
Abide by three general rules
1) ALWAYS link the main tag (the first entry)
2) NEVER link any tags under the parent list.
3) ONLY link an alias if the tag already exists and needs to be merged.

5) How do I ask for tags to be merged?
i realize that theres still some confusion about merging of theme tags.
Main Tag(link) alias: (Link)
So if you want me to merge Violi with Violins write:
Violins alias ( Violi )

6) How do i link tags?
actually, if you just paste the link of the tag into a forum post, it will automatically format it into a link for you. so you dont have to use [URL] tags all the time.

Signature Image
vector-wallers tag-licious

page 1 of 1 1 total item

Back to Group Announcements | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.