Gundam Unicorn only on Blu-ray

Tagged under

page 1 of 1 11 total items

evaunit2

Scanner

evaunit2

Nippu Shippu Cybuster

Cancel

Guess what Gundam fans who don't own a Blu-ray player, we just got kicked in the balls by our beloved Sunrise. The dubbed version of Gundam Unicorn is only going to be on Blu-ray and its only for a limited time. Anyone else feel like they got stabbed in the back because I sure as hell do!

Cancel

It's available on DVD in Japan. I'm not sure why they chose not to do a US DVD release. If you have a region free DVD player you can pick up the Japanese DVD.

• Feb 24, 2010

evaunit2

Scanner

evaunit2

Nippu Shippu Cybuster

Cancel

Quote by denkigrveIt's available on DVD in Japan. I'm not sure why they chose not to do a US DVD release. If you have a region free DVD player you can pick up the Japanese DVD.

that's why I said the dubbed version

Cancel

Quote by evaunit2

Quote by denkigrveIt's available on DVD in Japan. I'm not sure why they chose not to do a US DVD release. If you have a region free DVD player you can pick up the Japanese DVD.

that's why I said the dubbed version

Still. It's really strange there is no dual-language DVD. It's only 50 minutes for the one episode it can easily be fit onto one DVD. They do it with 2 hours movies all of the time.

I'm also not too happy about having to pay $25+ for one episode when I can spend around $34 and get half a season. Bandai really sucks at the DVD/Bluray market right now. The US is moving away from the single release formats and is going with half/full season releases for a reason. They sell better, they get more money faster this way too. In the end Gundam Unicorn is going to cost the consumer $150 for essentially a 12 episode (in time length) series. I can pay $60 and get all of a 26 episode series or $90 and get all of a 52 episode series. What are they thinking?

• Feb 24, 2010
Cancel

? ?? ???? ?? ????? Gundam ?? ????? ???? ??????????. ???? ????????????? ??????????? ? ????? ????? ??? ?? Blu_ray!

• Feb 25, 2010

angelxxuan

angelxxuan

ぬいぐるみ !

Cancel

it's probably sunrise's way of saying we need to upgrade? and I don't like most subbed/original stuff, or I might not like the dubbed and I'm not much of a gundam fan anyways, so sunrise could have hurt themselves this go around, we'll see.

and crazy this is an english speaking forum, most did not understand that. I understood gundam and blu-ray :/

BuBbLeS!

Signature

Cancel

More like it's Bandai Visual's way of screwing the American Gundam fans after IGLOO didn't sell the way they wanted it to in the States. Visual has a problem realizing that the American market can't be squeezed like the Japanese market can be, and we wont stand for a single DVD for $50 just because they slap the Gundam logo on it.

• Feb 26, 2010

AirMaster

AirMaster

ZAKU ZAKU ZAKU ZAKU!!!

Cancel

No, it's Bandai doing a simultaneous world release. Of course it's gonna cost a lot.

And for those whinning about 1 episode per disk, it's how OVAs always worked even back in the VHS days.

Don't want to buy it? Sure, go ahead. Don't whine when you have to wait for 2 years for the disks to come out of Japan because Bandai doesn't think Gundam is profitable anymore outside of Japan.

Signature
Sig by Vivid-Rein..ph34r them Zakus XP
Check profile for groups :x

Cancel

I don't want the dub. lol

• Feb 26, 2010
Cancel

Damn that sucks. No blue ray here. I didn't even know there was a Gundam Unicorn

• Feb 28, 2010
Cancel

woahhhh gundam BD ..

• Mar 19, 2010

page 1 of 1 11 total items

Back to New Releases & Licensing | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.