Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Duplicate Threads & Search Function - Minitokyo

Duplicate Threads & Search Function

This thread is closed for posting.

page 1 of 1 21 total items

Osiris

Retired Moderator

Osiris

(>^-^)>( . Y . )

Mt has a lot of duplicates, especially with new members. Basically what Im asking is to stop making popular threads (anime threads mostly). What i mean by popular is "whats ur first anime", "favorite anime" "anime reccomendations" "why osi is sexy" ...stuff like that (XD j.k about the last one)

When making threads, just ask yourself "is this the kind of thread thats already been made?" and you should be fine. Yeah, i know its hard to know which thread thats been made already since most of you dont have a high enough level to get the search feature BUT since the new server is up, ill ask sheqel to let members level 10+ to have the search function.

Want example?: http://images5.theimagehosting.com/duplicates.JPG

Signature

shyxsakura

Retired Moderator

shyxsakura

poopoo

^o^

why osi ish sexie ... ^-^ tee hee ..

but yeahh!! a lot of ppl are duplicating threads ... when the old one ish still around ...... >o< look around when you're at otherz pplz profiles ..

thats why...you start banning members for making dups, haah im jk but yea its getting to be a prob

Oh okay Osi...*looks at list* Holy shizzle. That's a lot of
"First Anime" threads and a lot of "why Osi is sexy" threads
as well XD
Okay, I'll be on the lookout if I'm on.

jackalx66

jackalx66

Blau Mond

got it osi....
thx for the notifications...
i''l use the search function..to avoid dupl.. :nya:

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

exentric

exentric

Plain Lazy

yah
they should use the search function.
I've seen alot of duplicate threads these days.

Crazyrabbit87

Crazyrabbit87

TKD Freak

sry! XO total noob here so yea....buh its hard to see that ur subject was posted 6months ago...T_T

Why settle of 'good' when you can have DIM SUM BAR!!!

Vivid-Rein

Vivid-Rein

Brom's slave

Quote by Crazyrabbit87sry! XO total noob here so yea....buh its hard to see that ur subject was posted 6months ago...T_T

Also, if MT people are getting pissed at newbs making duplicate subjects, then maybe you should just let the feature be available for all, then you wont need to tolerate the mass amounts of duplicates that are made daily. This is what happens when you have a big forum like MT. I certainly think that Search should be available for all members no matter what, then you guys can start getting angry when people still make duplicate threads.

"This will be our final battle..."
Signature

Quote by Crazyrabbit87sry! XO total noob here so yea....buh its hard to see that ur subject was posted 6months ago...T_T

well i admit it can be hard, but for a thread like "first anime", you can assume it has been done before. just dont post cliche threads

Osiris

Retired Moderator

Osiris

(>^-^)>( . Y . )

Quote by Vivid-Rein

Also, if MT people are getting pissed at newbs making duplicate subjects, then maybe you should just let the feature be available for all, then you wont need to tolerate the mass amounts of duplicates that are made daily. This is what happens when you have a big forum like MT. I certainly think that Search should be available for all members no matter what, then you guys can start getting angry when people still make duplicate threads.

Not bad, ill see if mt could revert back to when it first came online; search function for everyone XD

Signature

CyanideBlizzard

Retired Moderator

CyanideBlizzard

Margarita Time!

True.....Its getting VERY hard to search out dupes....I'm running into that problem when I browse around...To be honest I'd like to say something like "Accept NO more unknowns" so it at least makes it easier to catagorize, but then that would eliminate ALOT of images for ALOT of people....So thats not good...

Signature Image

white-zero

white-zero

Left this part of the universe.

Osi will layeth the smacketh downeh!

Haha. Go get em.

Jinzhou

Retired Moderator

Jinzhou

Forsaken God

sux0rz Osi. I've been saying that for awhile and closing threads...>_>

Signature
Yes, I am god. Infallibility at its greatest.

candy-chan

Retired Moderator

candy-chan

Quote by Osiris
Want example?: http://images5.theimagehosting.com/duplicates.JPG

rofl
osi using the black skin XD

anyways, yeah, intelligent newbs should look around before posting hundreeds of things, same thing for scans. Do your homework and look if it doesnt already exist before posting anything, chances are it already does.

GundamZZ

Retired Moderator

GundamZZ

the invisible mod

Quote by crapmonsterthats why...you start banning members for making dups, haah im jk but yea its getting to be a prob

haha...if we did that MT would have 1/2 itz members cut out XD rofl...

Signature Image
*hugglez & kisses* <---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vivid-Rein

Vivid-Rein

Brom's slave

Quote by OsirisNot bad, ill see if mt could revert back to when it first came online; search function for everyone XD

Yay Osi!!! -throws _____ flavored pocky at him- ^-^'

"This will be our final battle..."
Signature

Sheqel

Administrator

Sheqel

i wub ur oekaki skills.. ROFL

CyanideBlizzard

Retired Moderator

CyanideBlizzard

Margarita Time!

lmao!

Sheqel! @_@

Well ZZ, that is true, MT would be at half membership....but then it'd clear up ALOT of room.....and MT would be so fast that you would travel back in time!

Candy! I still use that same page color as well =P. I personally like it myself, its subtle, considering I see white forums everwhere I go, literally if I had a poll I'd say roughly 3/4th of the forums I've been too are nothing but white backgrounds, so this is a VERY refreshing break. But then again its whatever floats your boat.

Crack down on the case you wonderful mods you!
Rawr~

Signature Image

Osiris

Retired Moderator

Osiris

(>^-^)>( . Y . )

Quote by CyanideBlizzardlmao!

Sheqel! @_@

Well ZZ, that is true, MT would be at half membership....but then it'd clear up ALOT of room.....and MT would be so fast that you would travel back in time!

Candy! I still use that same page color as well =P. I personally like it myself, its subtle, considering I see white forums everwhere I go, literally if I had a poll I'd say roughly 3/4th of the forums I've been too are nothing but white backgrounds, so this is a VERY refreshing break. But then again its whatever floats your boat.

Rawr~

Im only using the white skin of mt because my lcd monitor makes white blinding ROFL

my eyes will die if i use the white skin <_<

Signature

Miroku4444

Miroku4444

Ecchi Enthusiast!!

Quote by Osiris

Quote by CyanideBlizzardlmao! Sheqel! @_@
Well ZZ, that is true, MT would be at half membership....but then it'd
clear up ALOT of room.....and MT would be so fast that you would travel
back in time!
Candy! I still use that same page color as well =P. I personally like
it myself, its subtle, considering I see white forums everwhere I go,
literally if I had a poll I'd say roughly 3/4th of the forums I've been
too are nothing but white backgrounds, so this is a VERY refreshing
break. But then again its whatever floats your boat.
Rawr~

Im only using the white skin of mt because my lcd monitor makes white
blinding ROFL
my eyes will die if i use the white skin <_<

Your eyes must be dieing then, because you said you use the white skin. You probably meant you use the black skin. I hate the black skin, its so dark it hurts my eyes.

Signature

Osiris

Retired Moderator

Osiris

(>^-^)>( . Y . )

lol yeah..i meant i use the black skin because white blinds me XD

Signature

page 1 of 1 21 total items

Back to Off-topic Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.