Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Prove to me that God exists... II. - Minitokyo

Prove to me that God exists... II.

This thread is closed for posting.

page 3 of 4 « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next » 86 total items

It is not within the capacity of mankind to prove that God exists.
If you fervently seek him on your own He will reveal Himself.
If, instead, you take the seemingly easier path of having someone else provide infallible evidence substantiating Him, He you shall never find.

If you mock this truth, these words will ever bite.

Nobody can prove it. You either believe in him or not. I don't, so for me, he doesn't exist. For the people who do, he exists for them.

"Also, Russia liked America in the same way that little boys liked the ants they burnt on the sidewalks in the summer. Only with a little more pizzazz, and outer space." (or "why do they call this war cold, baby, when it's so hot between us?" xD. America/Russia in a nutshell)

"Is there just something in the water over here, that makes you guys every so often go 'fuck it, let's have a rumble?'. I'm not touching another one of your big, European, 'bring your friends' wars, like you're throwing a neighborhood potluck or something. It's not my job to ride in like the fucking cavalry every time you get into a jam." (America's thoughts on Europe, after the "well, that was pretty pointless" fiesta of WW1. From "The Chosen End")

ndox900

ndox900

ndeso forever ^_^

the proof is what you use everyday 24/7 until he take it back...
its the " Air " you take to breath everyday , in every micro second from the day you were born

hmm... i'm sleepy Signature Image

I am the same as you. I want to believe, but feel there is a lack of science or proof in order to make me believe.

ndox900

ndox900

ndeso forever ^_^

Quote by syukoI am the same as you. I want to believe, but feel there is a lack of science or proof in order to make me believe.

hmm... science.. how about this question

Can science make a complete human being from nothing-nes ?

in my opinion science can only explaining or calculate how , what and when something happen but science never one time in history of human life tell who is the creator of life it self...

ex. 1 : mountain
ex. 2 : human brain
ex. 3 : D.N.A
ex. 4 : tree
ex. 5 : egg and chicken

hmm... i'm sleepy Signature Image

God is universal, there is no christian God or Muslim God or Hindu God, He is ONE. Like sun is one but in England it is called "sun", in Russia "solntse" in Korean "tae-yang", but sun is always one and it exist even if "blind people can't see it". There is lot of things in this world we can't see, that doesn't mean that do not exist. Human's mind is confined.

Quote by ndox900the proof is what you use everyday 24/7 until he take it back...
its the " Air " you take to breath everyday , in every micro second from the day you were born

I'm sorry, but for us people who think scientifically, this poetic vagueness probably gets us nowhere. You didn't PROVE anything by this, only that you believe.

Quote by ndox900

Quote by syukoI am the same as you. I want to believe, but feel there is a lack of science or proof in order to make me believe.

Can science make a complete human being from nothing-nes ?

in my opinion science can only explaining or calculate how , what and when something happen but science never one time in history of human life tell who is the creator of life it self...

ex. 1 : mountain
ex. 2 : human brain
ex. 3 : D.N.A
ex. 4 : tree
ex. 5 : egg and chicken

Mankind doesn't have to be able to create something to know it exists; we know the Earth and the Moon exist, but we can't make them. That doesn't mean there is a higher entity that created them, that only means WE CAN'T. (maybe yet)

Quote by lickylickyGod is universal, there is no christian God or Muslim God or Hindu God, He is ONE. Like sun is one but in England it is called "sun", in Russia "solntse" in Korean "tae-yang", but sun is always one and it exist even if "blind people can't see it". There is lot of things in this world we can't see, that doesn't mean that do not exist. Human's mind is confined.

I'm sorry, but you people apparently miss the point entirely; the original poster isn't asking for your theological beliefs, he/she is asking for empirical proof of God's existance. Saying different languages have a different way to refer to something doesn't mean that something exists, it just means all languages are equally able to think abstractly, and give their own terms for the same thing, regardless of its existance. I'm sure every language in the world can express the concept of "world peace", but it doesn't exist; yet, I hope

"Also, Russia liked America in the same way that little boys liked the ants they burnt on the sidewalks in the summer. Only with a little more pizzazz, and outer space." (or "why do they call this war cold, baby, when it's so hot between us?" xD. America/Russia in a nutshell)

"Is there just something in the water over here, that makes you guys every so often go 'fuck it, let's have a rumble?'. I'm not touching another one of your big, European, 'bring your friends' wars, like you're throwing a neighborhood potluck or something. It's not my job to ride in like the fucking cavalry every time you get into a jam." (America's thoughts on Europe, after the "well, that was pretty pointless" fiesta of WW1. From "The Chosen End")

Huesin

Administrator, Linguistics

Huesin

dead to everyone

I think it's impossible to prove something like the existence of God without making absurd statements in favor of religion or in favor of science... And even if the author of this thread asks for proofs of the existence of God, there are no valid proofs... Or, Can someone prove that God exists? Can someone prove that God doesn't exist at all? I bet my scythe (and all my money) that no one can prove such thing...

All the things we see, and we don't see, exist, I agree... But for me, that doesn't prove nothing, we are stuck in the same questions about our origins for centuries... Religion or Science can't give us all the answers we need...

Signature
	ImageThere's always one who plants an evil seed and
preaches fear to pull you to the other side
Into a world of lies.

beyondmeasure

From the mind comes the query.

Quote by ndox900

Can science make a complete human being from nothingness?

No.

Neither could a god, any god, unless we redefine the term "nothing" to mean "something after all".

merged: 07-02-2010 ~ 10:06am

Quote by lickylickyGod is universal, there is no christian God or Muslim God or Hindu God, He is ONE. Like sun is one but in England it is called "sun", in Russia "solntse" in Korean "tae-yang", but sun is always one and it exist even if "blind people can't see it". There is lot of things in this world we can't see, that doesn't mean that do not exist. Human's mind is confined.

Hindus are polytheists, bro. And...

Let us bring in Kant to speak in cant:

The noun "dragon" is translated in Afrikaans and Deutsch as "draak", in Albanian as "dragua", into Catalan as "drac", into Estonian as "lohe", and in German as "Drachen".

Sure, it does mean that all these languages represent the same creature...

... but does that creature exist in reality?

merged: 07-02-2010 ~ 10:10am

Quote by Senseless101You are asking for God's existence... i think the problem here is the question... up to what extent do you mean by "existence"?
if you are asking about his existence well i can say that he did exist... on people's mind and hearts... and in some books. i think you cannot disagree with me that "God" exist in the bible/other scriptures/religious books as a word or a description to a person or whatever it is... i think you should narrow your question a bit since the word "existence" is a big word don't you think?

but personally if you are asking me if god lived/living
well... they say god has the power to create and to destroy... what about us humans we can bulid and create at the same time destroy... can we call ourselves god-like or something...
but anyways my answer to that is yes he exists/lives cuz' that is what my mind and heart telling me

Very well, then. And shit yourselves, ye mistikes.

To wit: this god, if he exists at all, must exist inside timespace, and not imaginary timespace, mind ye: he must exist in what we would loosely term as the real world, for lack of a better (or at least cleaner-sounding) epithet.

Stringent enough?

merged: 07-02-2010 ~ 10:15am
I honestly don't believe The Bible and science are in conflict.

Yes, and the fact that (for instance) the chronologies of Jesus, as shown in Mark and Luke, disagree with each other so much, simply represents the fact that I am unfairly partisan.

i like pie. you like sausage rolls. and he likes hotdogs...

samu02

Back to Basics

You live in a country where the major religion is "Christian-ish." I'm sure you've heard most of the reason why God exists. You've asked different people from different nations (through the forums) on why they believe or don't believe in God and have chosen to respond to some, refuting them (though I did notice that you mostly choose the ones with a simple or childish thought behind them to rebuke). You've asked men and women and their answers fall short of expectation. Why don't you just ask the subject in question? You'll probably feel stupid for asking something you don't believe exists but try and do it anyway for the sake of argument. Pray and ask Him to make Himself known to you... coz He just might.

"If faced with a life or death situation, an average person would choose life; a hero also chooses life, just not for himself"
"Knowledge is Power. But Power unused accomplishes nothing"
[CENTER][IMG]http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/11.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER]

i not believe in god

This is my deviantart
Signature Image

cooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool

beyondmeasure

Quote by samu02You live in a country where the major religion is "Christian-ish." I'm sure you've heard most of the reasons why God exists. You've asked different people from different nations (through the forums) on why they believe or don't believe in God and have chosen to respond to some, refuting them (though I did notice that you mostly choose the ones with a simple or childish thought behind them to rebuke). You've asked men and women and their answers fall short of expectation. Why don't you just ask the subject in question? You'll probably feel stupid for asking something you don't believe exists but try and do it anyway for the sake of argument. Pray and ask Him to make Himself known to you... coz He just might.

You might also notice that I do not do much in this forum anymore: when I do log in, I go directly to this corner of Minitokyo. I also do not spend too much time here, so my responses are limited to those posts with minimal text in them. Thus your criticism.

But back to your entreaty, for me to ask God. Or the gods. Or him/her/it.

And I decide not to. Asking someone who at least I know exists, from actually seeing him, or from the preponderance of evidence supporting said individual's existence, is perennially reasonable.

I cannot say the same about an entity who has chosen otherwise, if he does exist at all.

And, by the way, majority of my countrymen ally themselves with the Church at Rome. About 80%.

merged: 08-09-2010 ~ 12:15pm

Quote by kyubichanIf people simply do not believe in a God, then why, in the world, do they insist on disproving the Bible?

The Bible isn't the only source of religion.

It sounds more like "a-christianity" rather than "a-theism".

=/

In my case, it's more because I am familiar with my version of Christianity than anything else. I was indoctrinated into it, after all. So the claim of me being an achristian is warranted, to an extent.

hayashi-oni

hayashi-oni

Baboon General of Yokohama

a god can be human too. its something a person can do what ordinary cannot do. maybe example like kobiyashi he be japanese god of eat in hotdog.

Among the true cultural displays of this century.
Funny Man

beyondmeasure

Quote by hayashi-onia god can be human too. its something a person can do what ordinary cannot do. maybe example like kobiyashi he be japanese god of eat in hotdog.

I can quote entire pages of Finnegans Wake on memory alone. I'll bet my ass no one here could do such a thing (I doubt if even one of you aside from me has read the tome). Am I God?

/sarcasm

hayashi-oni

hayashi-oni

Baboon General of Yokohama

Quote by beyondmeasure

Quote by hayashi-onia god can be human too. its something a person can do what ordinary cannot do. maybe example like kobiyashi he be japanese god of eat in hotdog.

I can quote entire pages of Finnegans Wake on memory alone. I'll bet my ass no one here could do such a thing (I doubt if even one of you aside from me has read the tome). Am I God?

/sarcasm

maybe. if you can do something that no common person can do you can be a god. i dont want to be a god i like normal and common as i am.

Among the true cultural displays of this century.
Funny Man

... I'm surprised that no one has responded with the honest answer of "I cannot prove to you that my god/gods exist(s) because I have no empirical evidence."

God exist .. ! because .. who do u think made this world ..? no one can make it .. noly God does ,,

well it certainly depends on people if u hope for something then it exists for u b/c wen u hope for eg-
"i hope i get good grades " at that time u believe there is someone like god exists and mabey he/she will fulfill ur hope ..

risingcrescent

risingcrescent

Essential&Naturality Heaven Form

we cannot see God on our senses, but we can have faith to God based on verses proved by minds and experience straight pray to God- I mean we cannot see God but can feel God exist everywhere even ourselves is presence God( Not God Himself) ^.^

Edward De Bono reflection,
Human minds are Dull , because most rational minds that sharpest ARE NOT HUMAN MINDS, that're Animal minds.

Annemarie

Annemarie

Progressive+

Okay then, step by step ..

Prove me that God does not exist ?

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy" - Anne Frank

God is a metaphysical concept. Do not is possible to prove his existence by scientific terms.

- I'm atheist.

Quote by dazzely13God exist .. ! because .. who do u think made this world ..? no one can make it .. noly God does ,,

Chance? A physico-chemical reaction? a big explosion? it just appeared? seriously, there are sooooooooooooooo many possible explanations that don't include God...well, at least for those rational among us that don't identify anything that doesn't have an explanation with God, that is

page 3 of 4 « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next » 86 total items

Back to Religion & Science | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.