Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 whats the recent book u've read? - Minitokyo

whats the recent book u've read?

page 12 of 16 « Previous 1... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 Next » 373 total items

AskaSun

AskaSun

*The one they call Sunny*

Quote by Nessbad94I've finished for the 4 days the book series /6 books/ 'Vampire Academy' by Richelle Mead. I really enjoyed it; despite being about vampires it has nothing common with the Twilight series imo; it's more bloody, and the vamps are more violent.

Nessbad94 try The Drake Chronicles if you enjoy reading vampire books. :) That is if you haven't already read it..

I live my life the way I want to,
not the way that people want me to.
Signature

fireflywishes

Retired Moderator, Linguistics

fireflywishes

Calgon, take me away~!

I just finished reading "Goth: A Novel of Horror" by Otsuichi, after searching endlessly for it (since it is no longer in print).

It more than lived up to my expectations, though I must say that reading the manga volume first gave me some good visuals for a few of the short stories... and the few stories that were not included in the manga were REALLY good!

Signature Image

tsuyutsuki

tsuyutsuki

The comeback (?)

Finishing the Hunger Games trilogy, and starting the Lightning Thief, under strong recommendations. I really liked the Hunger Games though. :D

Avatar and Signature design by xxKurumi
Signature

fireflywishes

fireflywishes

Calgon, take me away~!

@tsuyu: Ooooo, The Lightning Thief is great! (Actually, I've enjoyed all of Rick Riordan's series thus far...)

Signature Image

WalkingEncyclopedia

WalkingEncyclopedia

Prenez la vie comme elle vient

Quote by fireflywishes@tsuyu: Ooooo, The Lightning Thief is great! (Actually, I've enjoyed all of Rick Riordan's series thus far...)

Same here! I absolutely adore PJ and the Kane Chronicles. And the new Greek series is somehow even better than both of them OMG it's positively torturing me to have to wait for The Mark of Athena to come out! *dies*

I'm reading Burden of the Soul by Kate Grace. It started out okay, then it got a bit boring, then it started to get exciting and the backdrop seemed really interesting, but then the plot just didn't make sense the villain was really lame. I'll finish it for the sake of finishing it... though seriously the story sucks.

I am and always will be the optimist. The hoper of far-flung hopes and dreamer of improbable dreams.
- The Doctor

I finished reading Inheritance (last book of Inheritance cycle) by Christopher Paolini today..
I wonder what I should read next.. Tolkien, Hitchhiker's guide to galaxy, Leviathan, ASOIAF, what? @_____@

Why die only once when you can die a little everyday

akiranyo

akiranyo

Astraea Kisaragi

The Golden Apples of the Sun from Ray Bradbury

Since not long ago when he died, I wanted show my respect towards his talent with reading a book from him.

Since I write satires, my whole life is one huge inspiration. (Horatius)
Signature

American Born Chinese- Gene Yang

My favorite is Legend of Zelda
by Akira Himekawa

fireflywishes

fireflywishes

Calgon, take me away~!

So my little sister bought "The Host" by Stephanie Meyer and out of boredom I decided to read it.

Quite an interesting piece and better than Twilight imho. Kind of makes me think of Invasion of the Body Snatchers.

Signature Image

angelxxuan

angelxxuan

ぬいぐるみ !

I found this one book by the name of Slatewiper by Lewis Perdue and I was not, at the very least, impressed with it. normally science, biochemical weapons and/or Japan would hold my attention span and fascinate me, but the writer of this book was against the Japan and the culture at large so it was pretty much attacking them and showing a dark side I was not prepared for of the Japanese people. I know about it now though >.< after some research I learned his books were based on facts from the history of Japan. so if you are into biochemical and learning the truth from Japan then you should look into this book. as a warning though, it is dark in nature, very dark, and if you're easily disturb do not read or read with caution and/or an open mind.

BuBbLeS!

Signature

fireflywishes

fireflywishes

Calgon, take me away~!

Currently reading "The Illustrated Man" by Ray Bradbury.

So sad to have lost such a brilliant writer. I love the study of human nature apparent in his stories.

Signature Image

Fujiupoma

Fujiupoma

Gyabo

the family by mario puzo

Subete wo te ni irete
Subete wo ushinatte

fireflywishes

fireflywishes

Calgon, take me away~!

Now reading "The Rise of Nine" by Pittacus Lore. (Same author as "I Am Number Four")

Isn't it always true that novels are better than the films?

Signature Image

Fujiupoma

Fujiupoma

Gyabo

Quote by fireflywishesNow reading "The Rise of Nine" by Pittacus Lore. (Same author as "I Am Number Four")

Isn't it always true that novels are better than the films?

Quote:

So true!

Subete wo te ni irete
Subete wo ushinatte

WalkingEncyclopedia

WalkingEncyclopedia

Prenez la vie comme elle vient

Re-reading Harry Potter :) Just finished The Chamber of Secrets ^^

I am and always will be the optimist. The hoper of far-flung hopes and dreamer of improbable dreams.
- The Doctor

Nalataia

Nalataia

mein Herz, mein Verderben

Now re-reading "The Silmarillion"... and enoying it like I didn't do it the first time. It's quite... you know, dense. There're lots of names. and places, and wars and names again. And even if I try to remember them all, it is not worth it. I guess. Sooooo... re-reading. The Silmarillion. Yes.

Na na na na na na na na, ¡líder!
Signature Image

fireflywishes

fireflywishes

Calgon, take me away~!

Just read "Frindle" by Andrew Clements to my third graders. They loved it!

Signature Image

dchoggia14

dchoggia14

Gumi x Len

Hailstrom, the author is my classmate. Not really impressive but enough good for new comer

/l、
(゚、 。 7
 l、 ~ヽ
 じしf_,)ノ

The book thief, nice book about a female teenager in the nazi Germany

Signature

Nalataia

Nalataia

mein Herz, mein Verderben

Inheritance and the Ogura Hyakunin Isshu. Right now, i'm reading 1Q84 and The Pillow Book by Shonagon Sei.

Na na na na na na na na, ¡líder!
Signature Image

fireflywishes

fireflywishes

Calgon, take me away~!

@Ilona: That is one of my favorite books!

I just finished reading "Mrs. Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children" by Ransom Riggs.

FABULOUS book. I highly recommend it. It is unique in that it uses actual antique photographs as part of the storyline. Some of the weirdest photograph subjects I've ever seen. XD

Signature Image

BEASTLY, i still dont finished it because my bro took it back but i guess that's still counts.

Signature

Just started reading A Game of Thrones by George R. R. Martin.....bought it during sale ^-^

page 12 of 16 « Previous 1... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 Next » 373 total items

Back to Hobbies & Sports | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.