Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 whats the recent book u've read? - Minitokyo

whats the recent book u've read?

page 14 of 16 « Previous 1... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 Next » 373 total items

Anther

Retired Moderator

Anther

Quote by Darthas

Quote by Antherrepetitive.

The only reason I do not read any book not related to knowledge.

XD When you have to do it for exams, you don't have much choice unfortunately

Quote by fireflywishesI think I had to read that for one of my college classes too...lol. Not that I remember anything from it now. XD

The same happens to me with most of my college readings...

shadowwhuntress

shadowwhuntress

Divergent

I just finished Allegiant by Veronica Roth and I say that it has a perfect ending. Some people didn't like it, though...

here for a moment

pandemonium91

Retired Moderator, Tagger

pandemonium91

I finished the first book in the Song of Ice and Fire series, A Game of Thrones, a while ago. Considering it has something like 900 pages, it was easy to read; no purple prose or filler chapters, though it is kind of annoying when something important is happening and the chapter ends and switches to the point of view of another character >_< I want to know what happens, dammit! (even though I already do)

Having seen the entire TV series, it was much easier to follow, even though some things were different. The characters being so young did throw me for a loop at times, though it makes sense in medievalish stories :o

If you can't handle me at my best, then you don't deserve me at my worst!

I have finished Allegiant, I disliked it. Not really because of the ending since I disliked the book from the start (actually probably from the start of book 2). Too many plot holes, characters going out of character. Really, really hard to believe. And the shocker thing in the end felt more like a way to conveniently make readers not think a lot about the way things are so easily solved. See, we even got the power of love to solve something.

Signature

Redwyn

Redwyn

#SJW apparently

Does e-book counts? If yes it would be Skulduggery Pleasant sceptre of the ancient. Just finished reading a few days ago. On Monday I think.
An actual physical book I've read was The Fledging of Az Gabrielson. Finished reading this around September. This is one of the books I bought at a book fair. They were incredibly cheap. Got several typography book that probably worth around $90 each for only $15! (each book) Like uhmahgawd!
Does fan fiction also counts? I've read plenty of novel length fanfics that is completed. But I don't really remember the last completed one I've read. It's probably The Bite of Winter by Inkforwords in ao3. Still waiting patiently for the second series.

#likethat'sabadthinglol

fireflywishes

Retired Moderator, Linguistics

fireflywishes

Calgon, take me away~!

Quote by shadowwhuntressI just finished Allegiant by Veronica Roth and I say that it has a perfect ending. Some people didn't like it, though...

Lol, I am one of those people. I really enjoyed the first two, but was disappointed with Allegient.

Signature Image

Still going through A Game of Thrones but now at A Storm of Swords: Steel and Snow....still a long way to go though :)

marihmk

marihmk

Mari-chan (^-^)

Musashi it is really gooooooddddd!

Thanks Guys!You are the best!!! (^ω^)

angelxxuan

angelxxuan

ぬいぐるみ !

recently finished 1984 by George Orwell. a good read for anyone who is wanting to stop negative utopia or a general idea/start towards what negative utopia truly is.

BuBbLeS!

Signature

fireflywishes

fireflywishes

Calgon, take me away~!

Forgot to post this, but over my Winter Break I read the "Legend" trilogy by Marie Lu.

It seems to be a recurring trend, the first two books built up the story really well, only to fall short in the third book. (And add in a soap opera worthy twist)

Planning to read "The Kill Order" this weekend if this cold isn't gone by then. It is the prequel to "The Maze Runner" trilogy by James Dashner. Apparently they're making a movie of the title book, so it'll be interesting to see how it gets adapted.

Signature Image

shadowwhuntress

shadowwhuntress

Divergent

Just now, I have finished reading Crime and Punishment by Fyodor Dostoevsky.
This book is really interesting. It talks about a person's guilt and confusion on a crime he thought was justified.

here for a moment

Cirru

Cirru

Interstellar Force

Working my way through all the Terry Pratchett books (40+) - really good stuff for the most part : )

angelxxuan

angelxxuan

ぬいぐるみ !

got my paws on a kindle rip off and found some free books. I re-read Moby Dick by Herman Melville, I had forgotten all about how interesting it really was. then I started up A tale of two cities by Charles Dickens. I have other things I do, so it's going to take some time to read through all those free books, but once you run out of storage space for books :(

BuBbLeS!

Signature

Almost done with A Game of Thrones: A Feast for Crows. Not as fantastic as Storm of Swords but still good enough as it expands each view of Cersei and Jaime.

BushidoGaara

BushidoGaara

Your eyes see nothing...

I've read The Hunger Games: Catching Fire

Knowing it is an ideal never to be reached...strive toward it again today. As a matter of course. - Kaname Tosen (Bleach)

moritz

Scanner

moritz

the cursing hedgehog

It was Desert Solitaire, by Edward Abbey (translated into french) : a sincere tribute to american wilderness.

I'll give you a spoonful of ecchi with a pinch of humor ^_^
Signature

fireflywishes

fireflywishes

Calgon, take me away~!

Tomorrow, When the War Began by John Marsden

Interesting idea, though seems kind of strung out... (Really, 6 books?)

Signature Image

NadleehDesu

NadleehDesu

Got me breathing with dragons

Tablo - Pieces of you

angelxxuan

angelxxuan

ぬいぐるみ !

as my reading has stalled big time because of other stuff, here's one that I recently and finally finished up, bought it back at Christmas

Things that matter by Charles Krauthammer

BuBbLeS!

Signature

A Game of Thrones: A Dance With Dragons :)

fitarol15

fitarol15

*Karin-Koenig <3

i can't remember but i think it's Rapunzel

"Ducunt Volentem Fata Nolentem Trahunt = Fate leads the willing soul, but drags along the unwilling one"
Signature

I have finished Words of Radiance by Sanderson. Pleasant reading but not thrilling enough for me.Still waiting for the release of book 3.

Signature

angelxxuan

angelxxuan

ぬいぐるみ !

recently finished up Killing Jesus by: Bill O'Reilly, Martin Dugard

BuBbLeS!

Signature

elisadevelon

Retired Moderator

elisadevelon

The purple vamp

Eric by Terry Pratchett. Definitely try it if you want a fantasy book mixed with comedy. Or any other of Pratchett's books, especially from the Discworld series. They're perfect. Eric is like my tenth so far.

page 14 of 16 « Previous 1... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 Next » 373 total items

Back to Hobbies & Sports | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.