Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Why? - Minitokyo

page 1 of 1 5 total items

davezzz

davezzz

Kuso No Breakin No Lilly

"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication."

"Anything simple always interests me."

Fran

Retired Moderator, Tagger, Linguistics

Fran

better than your faves tbh

Don't make double threads please.
A mod will review your appeals soon and please read this guide written on how to make a proper deletion appeal.

Signature ImageLatest submission: Trouble Makers
tag-liciousvector-wallers
Lol omg, click on quote in guestbook instead of spamming your own stuff, SMH

MapleRose

Retired Moderator

MapleRose

likes rainbows :D

which wallpaper are you appealing for?

Kuroshitsuji Ciel was deleted because of the poor quality of the stock photo you used in the background. The moon is blurry and pixelated. Also, the foreground and background don't integrate very well; you need to do more than just placing a character in front of a stock photo.

At my desk was deleted because the scan you've used is bad quality. It looks like you've enlarged the scan, which made it pixelated. You can especially see how the poster in the background is all blurry and pixel-y. Also, although you said where you got the scan, you didn't actually link to it, so I don't know how much work you actually did on it. To me, it looks like you just cropped the original drawing and put your signature on it...

Peace was deleted because of the background image quality is bad. The girl is okay, and your extraction is pretty good. But the background looks like the image has been enlarged, because it's all blurry and pixelated. Also, the girl doesn't really blend into the background very well.

I'm not saying new members can't submit wallpapers, but if the picture is blurry or pixelated, or if there's not much effort in making the wall, we do delete it. I think you should try working with higher resolution scans. And never enlarge the image. You can scale down without losing too much quality, but scaling up almost always makes the image quality go bad >__< If you must make the image larger, I suggest you try vectoring, or repainting the scan. But for now, try working with larger images and scale down if you need to =)

davezzz

davezzz

Kuso No Breakin No Lilly

hmm..thanks..sorry for my bad attitude..I realized that my work is not really great..so i deleted my appeal.. because that is no good..by that time I dont know how to vector. so sorry because its bad quality..but now im practicing vectoring..because thats the only thing to make HQ wall...now, I know how to vector anime character..but not so good.I just learned yesterday..very beginner..but my problem is the background? can you teach or help me how to make a High quality background? because i just vector only anime character..i dont know how to vector background..? sorry..and one more question? is it okay to use character render? because if i have the render..i didnt edit or customize it..just put it in BG and add effects..? can you teach me? a tutorial for my problem is really great.. thank you.. I wan t also to have my work seen in MT..:) hehe..sorry again for that attitude...thank you.. :)

(sorry for my bad english}

"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication."

"Anything simple always interests me."

MapleRose

Retired Moderator

MapleRose

likes rainbows :D

While it's true that these days, most wallers prefer to vector, you don't have to vector to make a good wall. Good walls can be made without vectoring:
Oriental Lovers by MissHatter Princesses of Hearts-Retro-Style by sailorchiron Power for the Dream by Sakura-Dust The
	Philosopher's Stone by Akarix Moonlight by Kitten Quietness by dream3r

Those are made by scan extraction + brushes + stock art + blending. You only need to vector if you really like a scan, but it's too small or has too many grains on it, so you vector to make them bigger, or if you want to make an abstract background for example.

So yes, you can use character renders and extract them without vectoring if you want. However, make sure that the image is big enough and is good quality. The image should be big enough to fit your canvas. For example, if you want to make a 1600x1200 wallpaper, the render has to be at least 1200px tall after you extract it. Good quality means that the image is smooth. For example, this is a good scan: for you ... Rei Ayanami , it's smooth and really big, good for extracting, but this scan: affection has these lines on it, so you would have to vector it to make it clean.

For the background, before you start on the wallpaper, have an idea in mind about what you want for it. For example, do you want to have a forest scene, clouds, a sunset, some grass and mountains? Make sure the character render you picked fits into the scene, and don't just make a random background The background. For the background itself, you are allowed to use stock images, but make sure they're big enough. Stock Xchng and DeviantART has some good stock photos you can use. Or, you can find some brushes to help you build the background (there are tree brushes, grass brushes, cloud brushes etc). Just make sure you read the stock provider's rules and credit them.

But because they're photos and realistic-looking, and your character render is more 2-D, you can't just put a character on a background, you need to do some work to get the photos to fit. You can try to smudge the image to make it less detailed, use the median filter, or blur a bit. Um, it's kinda hard to get into details without a solid example...

Or you can use scenic scans for backgrounds, like this one: Five Centimeters Per Second#427472 or cut out the clouds in this one: 1,185

Whichever you use though, make sure the images are big enough. You can always make it smaller, but DON't make it bigger. If the whole image is too small to be used, try finding a different (and similar) image, or take just a part of it and build it up with other images. You could also try to repaint it. But digital painting is kinda hard, and takes a lot of practice. If you want to try it out though, there are some tutorials at paint-o-rama that might help.

Hope that made sense... If you need help with specifics, you can always post in the Sandbox for more help ^^

page 1 of 1 5 total items

Back to Deletion Appeals | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.