Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Small thing about forum replying... - Minitokyo

Small thing about forum replying...

page 1 of 1 20 total items

Jinzhou

Retired Moderator

Jinzhou

Forsaken God

Ok, seriously this has started to get to me and I don't understand why it's even happening. This kind of ties in with Osi's "Don't start a thread that's just another duplicate", but is different.

If you don't know the answer to a question being asked in a thread-don't respond! It's as simple as that. By saying "Um, don't ask me, I don't know ^_^;" does not help ANYONE. So just don't do it, lol. Replying to a forum thread doesn't help your level increase like... at all. It's in the hundredths place of helping you after the decimal. So there's no real reason to even do it.

So basically, just don't respond if you have no answer to a question being asked. And seriously, it gets annoying when people go off on a tangent from the original subject; like you say something and then start a whole conversation that has nothing to do with the thread! There is such a thing called PM's. Even an Instant Messenger! Use those to have full-out conversations, lol.

Ok, I'm done ranting...^_^; Basically, just stay on topic in a thread, and if you have nothing to say, don't reply.

- Jin

Signature
Yes, I am god. Infallibility at its greatest.

Limality

Limality

Sleeping Beast

yupp, I just answered the thread where that happened with the "ERm i dunno dont ask me" reply...then they went on going off topic >_<

again to make it short and clear:

ja, ne!

jackalx66

jackalx66

Blau Mond

ok.
will done that.
thx for the notification.

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

Ok, that's me saying 'erm, don't ask me...', that sentence. ^_^' Thanks your advice! I won't do that again.

Latest Wall[s]: Gravity ReDefined

Noctum

Noctum

.:Dark Lord:.

I noticed this kind of replies as well.
*shrugs*
People are strange.

Si vis pacem, para bellum.

Jinzhou

Retired Moderator

Jinzhou

Forsaken God

Quote by NoctumI noticed this kind of replies as well.*shrugs*People are strange.

Well yeah, that kind of ties in with the, "if you don't know don't respond". ^_^

Signature

Uhm yeah... I can't really help you with this.

So the other day I'm watching that new show LOST and thinking to myself how interesting it is... *shrugs*

sammo

Retired Moderator

sammo

Retired Moderator

and these are sometimes annoying too

"yeah i dont know"
"me neither"
"well i gatta go"
"i'll cya later"
"cool, later"

it's not a chat room >_>

Sandy

Sandy

graphic fighter

Waha with the faster servers now, me thinks it's going to be even worse. XD Finally maybe the MT slowness had some good points. XD

KorganoS

KorganoS

Busy atm ^_^;;

Quote by JinzhouReplying to a forum thread doesn't help your level increase like... at all. It's in the hundredths place of helping you after the decimal.

ahahaha... I guess the n00bs out there sez 'Every little bit counts' ? ^_^' j/k
It's true that sometimes very short forum replies are annoying, especially if someone needs urgent help and then other person came in and post 'I don't know'... >_< that's just plain retard

For HQ anime pieces of art
visit : [FRAGMENTS] - www.crash.inweb.dk

Sir-Boingal0t

Sir-Boingal0t

BOINGATR0N

but but......without those replies, ill still be level 10 >_<!

Signature Image
DigiTalBoing XD boingoingoingoingoingoingoingoingoingo
ingoingoingoingoingoingoingoingoingoingoingoingoingoing

Noctum

Noctum

.:Dark Lord:.

Quote by Jinzhou

Quote by NoctumI noticed this kind of replies as well.*shrugs*People are strange.

Well yeah, that kind of ties in with the, "if you don't know don't respond". ^_^

It's more like I do know. Read my reply again, if you don't believe me.
Also if you don't want people to respond, then you should close the thread after you created it.

Quote by Sir_Boingal0tbut but......without those replies, ill still be level 10 &gt;_<!</div>

Nah, you still have your wallpapers to gain levels and fans.

Si vis pacem, para bellum.

Jinzhou

Retired Moderator

Jinzhou

Forsaken God

Also if you don't want people to respond, then you should close the thread after you created it.

Quote by Sir_Boingal0tbut but......without those replies, ill still be level 10 >_<!</div>

Quote by NoctumNah, you still have your wallpapers to gain levels and fans.

Boing was joking....lol.

Signature

Osiris

Retired Moderator

Osiris

(>^-^)>( . Y . )

this is why we need a word count limit on replies >_>

*keels sheqel* @_@

Signature

KorganoS

KorganoS

Busy atm ^_^;;

Quote by Osiristhis is why we need a word count limit on replies &gt;_&gt;*keels sheqel* @_@

word count limit... umm... wouldn;t that be a bit extreme.. ahahaha ^_^'

For HQ anime pieces of art
visit : [FRAGMENTS] - www.crash.inweb.dk

Osiris

Retired Moderator

Osiris

(>^-^)>( . Y . )

Quote by KorganoS

Quote by Osiristhis is why we need a word count limit on replies &gt;_&gt;*keels sheqel* @_@

nope :D

actually, its going to be coded by sheqel later....i want it asap though u_u

Signature

Tama-Neko

Tama-Neko

Invisible

Is it possible for members to close a thread they've created? That might be a good feature to add; it would allow dilligent members to police their own threads, and close it when their question is answered. Also, sometimes members want to close their own threads (ie they accidentally doubleposted, and the delete function doesn't work too well) so it would cut down on the thread titles that read "Close this thread!"

CyanideBlizzard

Retired Moderator

CyanideBlizzard

Margarita Time!

I got another idea.

You mods can delete posts can't you?

Well either have someone delete it or report it, cause most likely its still gonna happen. So take action to LET THEM KNOW THAT YOU MEAN BUSINESS.

Sorry thats all I gotta say. Words are one thing but you gotta put them into actions to let people know.

Signature Image

dans

dans

busy u_u

Quote by Osiris

Quote by KorganoS

nope :D

actually, its going to be coded by sheqel later....i want it asap though u_u

i think word count limit is a good idea.
i also don't like when people reply with other language beside english.

Signature Image
"It's not the great who are strong. It's the strong who are great."
Latest Work : FMA - Reunited

Katzbalger

Katzbalger

Managment Fun

When you mean word limit, Osiris, do you mean minimum (I think you do anyway)?

If it does I think you'll find people doing what the do in the gallery descriptions like,
"..................................................................(...) much as I like the idea of a minimum word limit, people are going to find a way around it.

page 1 of 1 20 total items

Back to Minitokyo Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.