Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Listen to music for the beat, lyrics, or both? - Minitokyo

Listen to music for the beat, lyrics, or both?

Do you listen to music for the beat, lyrics, or both?

Beat
15 votes
Lyrics
7 votes
Both
61 votes
Neither. I don't listen to music
1 votes

Only members can vote.

page 2 of 6 « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next » 126 total items

Beat. For example, most metal songs have great and meaningful lyrics, but they give me a terrible headache

I listen to both, but I'm more of a beat person than lyrics. I'll forgive a song kind of tacky (usually "love" oriented) lyrics if it has a terrific beat.

The beat... I mostly listen to j-pop, so I don't understand most of it.

Signature

yeah for the beat!
and then the lyricssss

KitoMinatoro

KitoMinatoro

Shadow Fox

Both. The lyrics may be the best in the world, but they are nothing without music.

I must say both. But I add another factor in the mix. I have to like their voice. If I don't like their voice it doesn't matter WHAT their lyrics are. But they need to have good lyrics that don't curse every other word or just talk about sex all the time. And they need to have nice music along with it. If the guitars, drums, or whatever instruments suck, it's quite distracting. I also am rather fond of SINGING. While I like certain screamo, they need to sing too, and I need to like their singing AND screaming voice.... I am quite particular...

good question ...

i like both

sometimes I just hear the beat..but If i love the lyrics, Im trying to get immediately

Meloday, Beat, Lyrics all are impartant!

well at first its the beat. but you can only appreciate the song once you know the lyrics.

Beat first because I don't understand many lyrics (japanese songs, english songs...)

if the Lyrics is not good then song eithrt is good

I like both =p

Both! I like lyrics without great voices and voices without great lyrics and beats and everything else... *A*;

Voting ...... 4Both

both, but for pop music i choose beat.

I listen to both of them...

both beat and lyrics

I listen to music for both the beat and the lyrics. I found some great lyrics once and hated the song...

Death... is only the beginning.

3, so both. :D but the first is the beat i think, second the lyrics...

hitsu-chan

hitsu-chan

K-PoP AdDicTioN <3

hmmm....
I think I listen to music for both the beat and the lyrics.

Signature
make-your-best ecchi-club host-club bleach-central tsubasa s20-signaturestudio

psyche458

psyche458

the dark warper

both for first you enjoy the tunes and appreciate a lot more in knowing its meaning

Signature
all is fair in death
my-maiden sakura photoshop-lovers soul-eater-shibusen

Both. Just love music.

"Picture for a moment the perfect irony... a flawless new beginning, eclipsed by tragedy..."

page 2 of 6 « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next » 126 total items

Back to Music & Movies | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.