Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Listen to music for the beat, lyrics, or both? - Minitokyo

Listen to music for the beat, lyrics, or both?

Do you listen to music for the beat, lyrics, or both?

Beat
15 votes
Lyrics
7 votes
Both
61 votes
Neither. I don't listen to music
1 votes

Only members can vote.

page 4 of 6 « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next » 126 total items

curlette

I listen for both but basically the beat reals me into the song.

for me ... the beat~~ i think

Depends on my mood. When I need to cheer up it's usually the beat, when I'm felling really sad I find a way to express myself through the lyrics.

Darthas

Retired Moderator

Darthas

レキシコン

Some champion picked the last option.
I listen for the laughs. Unique reason ain't it?

[20:54] Lexicon: I may be 3rd place in the popularity poll but at NASA, the # order is 3>2>1.
[20:56] DXBlair: its a placement poll..not a countdown idiot
[SIG design by Valuna]
Signature

both, for me.
I usually listen to songs (mostly, Japanese) that are pleasant to my ears, and at the same time, it has a good meaning.

pendle

pendle

Bansai!!!

Concerning J-rock, i prefer the beat, but the lyrics make the songs sound great, so I always try find translated lyrics.

Music in general, i listen for both.
House, trance, Hardstyle; the beat is all there is to listen for most of the time :P

Rouzmary

Rouzmary

...Hanatsuki...

i listen to both, music and words cuz together they are perfect...alone not always they're that good...:))

thou of course there are some which are perfect i mean music alone especially for soundtracks, no words needed, and i guess the same goes for some songs where there are only lyrics, no music...yeah, some of them are really great too...hmmm...

...Nothing is Eternal but Eternity...

beat if it sounds good i dont really care what the lyrics are.

I mostly listen to music for the actual music and beat, but there are a few artists that I listen because of their lyrics. (Vienna Teng and Owl City are good examples)

mostly beats, then search for lyrics, and then start karaoke at home

Quote by cdgalmostly beats, then search for lyrics, and then start karaoke at home

i like the karaoke/instrumental songs too.

mostly listening to the beat. and if i like the lyrics then I will repeat it over and over on my playlist.

English for the lyrics
Japanese and Korean for the beat

It depends on the song itself.
However I'm usually driven into a new song because of its melody.
And then I try to look for the lyric and its translation (if it's in some languages that I can't understand).
If the lyric is good enough, I would like the song even better.
If it's not, I'll forget it anyway LOL. So I guess it's mostly the music/melody that drives me into a song.

I listen for both, but generally I listen for beat first then lyrics.

mccormickl927

mccormickl927

Just Be Friends

i believe for both because you really cant have a song without a beat or the lyrics...they are both compatible for each other.

"There is no such thing as a late or early start."

I would say both.
I have heard songs where the beat is great but the lyrics are kind of dull.

mccormickl927

mccormickl927

Just Be Friends

hey that is true

"There is no such thing as a late or early start."

im all about the beat, baybeh!

i looooooooove ROCK music and in rock genre both lyrics ands beats are important

if i cant understand the lyric-- like japanese or korean, of course it's the beat.

Korean for beat also ! forgot to add that

I like the music that goes with good beat and sounds and flowing with the lyrics..

curlette

When i first listen to a song , what draws me in is the beat ^^
and as i hear the beat i listen to the words ^^
and try to understand it
afterward i love the song heh heh

page 4 of 6 « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next » 126 total items

Back to Music & Movies | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.