Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Listen to music for the beat, lyrics, or both? - Minitokyo

Listen to music for the beat, lyrics, or both?

Do you listen to music for the beat, lyrics, or both?

Beat
15 votes
Lyrics
7 votes
Both
61 votes
Neither. I don't listen to music
1 votes

Only members can vote.

page 5 of 6 « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next » 126 total items

i perfer both because you sometimes need lyrics to be part of the song and i love learning the words and notes to sing them

It always depends, but im looking for beat first

Beat
usually i can't realize wat was sang when i listen to the song lol

lyric and the beat

Corvyie

Corvyie

Uh-huh.

Both, if it has a bad beat but good lyrics it sounds awkward but a good beat with bad lyrics is more tolerable, I suppose.

Actions speak louder than words and words speak louder than thoughts.

[url=http://bleach-central.minitokyo.net]

Of course beat is the most important :)
However, whenever I listen to a song, I always try to find the lyrics, too. If the lyrics are good, I will find the song much better :)

honeycomb

honeycomb

honeycomb

I go for the beat, can't be bothered listening to the lyrics.

Neurotripsy

Neurotripsy

알리시아

---

NightxFenrir

NightxFenrir

Darkz Fenrir

Both . .
but beat come first . . . . XP

I say both.

Most of it is kinda for the beat, but lately its been the meanings :) Ive actually liked songs nowadays more for their meanings. Cuz they are great ways of expressing yourself and some of them have a story to them that plays a part in your life..

Both if i found the lyrics but generally for the beat and the vocalist's voice ^^

?

I listen to a lot of Japanese music (Vocaloids in particular) so the beat and flow of the music is the most important part for me. I do try to find lyrics or failing that I try to listen to the emotion behind the lyrics, because I feel that it adds a lot to the tone, theme and my appreciation of the piece.

KamikazeKoga

KamikazeKoga

??????????

Usually, if I like the sound of the song, the beat of the song, I'll listen to it. Then, I try to understand the lyrics.

I'm quite lyrics orientated. Basicaly I can't listen to anything with nonsensical lyrics and mostly never listen to music without lyrics.

If you listen to music for the beat, just listen to instrumentals.
If you listen to music for the lyrics, read poems.
Listening to music should be to listen to both beat and lyrics o_o;;

i listen for the boht

A bit of both, lyrics more so when in a language I know.

Music, if i don't understand the lyric

Ardith

Ardith

white flame

Its the sound of it for me. I often don't notice what they're saying, even tho its English or within my vocabulary. anyway I am always doing something else while listening too.

beat and lyrics, i guess

Videled

Videled

Er..

Always the sound. I can't focus on the lyrics, I'd fall asleep.
More seriously, I don't really care about the lyrics : I just hope it blends nicely with the sound.

Both. But beat is slightly more important for me.

i like more sound in general, but sometimes i care also about the lyric

page 5 of 6 « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next » 126 total items

Back to Music & Movies | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.