Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Religion or Science: Which side are you on? - Minitokyo

Religion or Science: Which side are you on?

This thread is closed for posting.

page 2 of 9 « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 9 Next » 197 total items

Killgroup

Killgroup

Cato-san

I'm an atheist and believe science and evolution all the way. As someone else has mentioned so many people have killed in the name of a religion, but not one person has died in the name of atheism. You don't get people saying "I'm atheist, and therefore I'm going to kill you", you do however get people killing in the name of religion, such as those who follow Islam (for instance, works with Christianity too, but that's in history), such as the Koran teaches them that if anyone is not Islamic, they should be driven from their homes and if they try to return they should be killed as well as you should kill apostates.

So yeah, I'm a liberal minded atheist, and I doubt I'd change from that anytime in the near future, if religion was abolished the world would be much more peaceful, I can imagine that religion might well be abolished in the next 400 years, I mean look at how people were 400 years ago still deeply believing in god, now many people with whom I associate myself with have little, or no faith. As well as those whom I speak to, if I actually question them on their religion they become confused and start to kind of say "Now I think about it, it does sound absurd", religion is merely an excuse to explain what we find unexplainable, 2000 years ago they believed that Horus (Egyptian god of the sun) fought with Set (Egyptian god of darkness) in the morning and Horus won, and so we had daylight, and then in the evening Set fought Horus and won, and so we have sunset/Night, that's just an example of how religion has influenced people, and we look back at that and laugh now, but who's to say in another 2000 years people won't look back at us and laugh at us for believing that 'god(s)' created us?

To those of you confused about religion, you should consider watching "Zeitgeist", which is a really good documentary on it.

Quote: As well as those whom I speak to, if I actually question them on their religion they become confused and start to kind of say "Now I think about it, it does sound absurd"

Heh, it's the same for me, the fact that they all go to a Christian school, claim to have faith and pray for redemption on a daily basis seemingly thrown aside.
I don't think I ever believed - even when I was too young to know any better, I always saw it as a fairytale rather than an account of what actually happened.

Killgroup

Killgroup

Cato-san

Yeah, well, I appreciate my mothers choice to not baptise me, she basically told me as I got older "I'd rather you made your own decision about it rather than me force anything upon you", I've always had doubts, I went to a somewhat Christian school during primary school which forced Christian values upon you, but it seems as though it didn't work too well. I think it wasn't until around 12/13 (Which was when I think my brain actually woke up), when I started to question the logic behind it.

I don't think they have to oppose each other and I support both.

shavo002

I suport Cosplay

just like mr vampire, i am a beliver, yet im not the kind of '' becuse god want it to be like that''.

cience is a way for humans to live, to explain things , the creation was made by god, we all know that god moves in misterious ways...

im getting mixed up in my argument myself, sience is made for humans to find answers fo what surround us.

Roshi of the Funk. ('_'

I'm from "Iglesia Ni Cristo" (Church Of Christ) and I'm with Religion obviously

Yukimura

Yukimura

Snowy Village

Well, For me, who's a Buddhist, Science does not really conflict with my religion, so both are okay :)

"If the money used in war were to be use in environmental problems, how beautiful would this world be"

SnickerdoodleNinja

Retired Moderator

SnickerdoodleNinja

Snicker-Logical

Science and the Bible do not contradict each other, so you shouldn't have to choose between them. Also, evolution is a theory and not a proven fact, as many atheists and evolutionists like to think it is.

Signature Image

There's a skinny girl who lives inside of me that's trying to get out, but I can usually shut her up with cookies.
"Dance like no one's watching. Sing like no one's listening. Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt before. Live like there's no tomorrow."

Killgroup

Killgroup

Cato-san

Quote by SnickerdoodleNinjaScience and the Bible do not contradict each other, so you shouldn't have to choose between them. Also, evolution is a theory and not a proven fact, as many atheists and evolutionists like to think it is.

It's far more closer to fact than a guy floating around in a cloud dropping people on Earth.

Science - however, I do believe there is some sort of religious factor in the creation, etc.

Religious and science,all two for me!

EspioXs

EspioXs

Animezero Team's member =3

If i've to choice, Science for me.

Mystic Eye of Breast Enlargement Possessor

YunaUchiha

YunaUchiha

YunaUchiha

I can hardly claim to be any religion. so that there's nothing I can not say.

Since I'm an atheist, 100% science. But I'm not against religion per se; I think it's been the source of many problems and unfairness in the world, but now, at least in the West, it's mostly pacific and private. As long as it stays VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVERY away form the laws, contradicting science, the state and public affairs, I'm ok with it, let's allow the people who need to believe in it to do it if they want

"Also, Russia liked America in the same way that little boys liked the ants they burnt on the sidewalks in the summer. Only with a little more pizzazz, and outer space." (or "why do they call this war cold, baby, when it's so hot between us?" xD. America/Russia in a nutshell)

"Is there just something in the water over here, that makes you guys every so often go 'fuck it, let's have a rumble?'. I'm not touching another one of your big, European, 'bring your friends' wars, like you're throwing a neighborhood potluck or something. It's not my job to ride in like the fucking cavalry every time you get into a jam." (America's thoughts on Europe, after the "well, that was pretty pointless" fiesta of WW1. From "The Chosen End")

The one thing I don't understand about Religion is: why was it created? All it's done on the grand scheme of things is divide the world into separate groups of people, each ranging from the wrong to the more wrong and ultimately resulting in things like murder/slaughter and genocide. It just seems so silly.

zanepepper

zanepepper

Nakura

I believe in both, I think that most science is correct, I believe that God designed it that way.

i was brought up in an environment which belive religions are hokum. but one must admit that the role religion plays in society.

I personally am an athiest but I think anyone can believe whatever they want.

Science. Religion proves nothing (I'm an atheist). But as Kateyness says, everyone has his/her own personal view.

pezdec

pezdec

v.ʕʘ‿ʘʔ.v

Science for me

London bridge is falling down, falling down, falling down.
London bridge is falling down, my fair lady!

loutemi2

loutemi2

TAMAYA !! \(^o^)/

I'm rather science. God was a mean for humans to explain what they couldn't understand. Nowadays, science explain what was considered as surnatural and mystic.

Well, both of them. My attitude is mostly based on my religion. As for science, I just believe that it can explain most of the things. By the way, I am a Buddhist, so there's no such thing as "God".

J-Rock!!!

i support science more...
but i also think that god exist

Akaneko21

Akaneko21

Shakugan

Quote by JadeFireI'm an atheist, and a fairly strict one. And I believe a lot of the world would be better if religion wasn't around. It's caused more human suffering throughout history than any plague can account for. "Paths of life" like Buddhism make a lot more sense to me. They are looser and do not try and force anyone to accept every aspect of it. "Religions" have guidelines, guidelines that are often restrictive and even destructive. One day maybe each religion can be more harmonious with each other; but if anything I believe though the western world is backing away from religion, or at least embracing a more "open" thought, it is still not the case in the middle east.

I do think in the next hundred years science will have explanations for many of the so-called "unexplained" events of life that we shift onto something divine like God. Already many things that once seemed supernatural, like that woman who lifted the car off her baby years ago, have scientific evidence that is not "supernatural." Instead of pursuing and obsessing even at times over what happens when we die, I wish people would LIVE a little.

Nice you think jus like me *-*.
But I have a theory of conspiration to share....I belive that scientis already have the "answers" but its not shown to every body because it can cause some kind of social chaos. Religion serves to make a person be better than she is, control his evel side...things like that. Even beeig an atheits I fond other ways to meke me someone better and control may evel side(everybody have it).

page 2 of 9 « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 9 Next » 197 total items

Back to Religion & Science | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.