Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Religion or Science: Which side are you on? - Minitokyo

Religion or Science: Which side are you on?

This thread is closed for posting.

page 3 of 9 « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next » 197 total items

I'd rather choose the marriage of the esoteric realm(religion,spirituality, and culture) to exoteric realm(science,math, and blahblah-logies)...

Think...
An exoteric subject called Psychology, studies about the human through observing his/her actions and talking to him/her
An esoterc subject called Astrology, studies about the human through planet alignments at the time of his/her birth

In short... everything "Religious" and everything "Scientific" has its link each other...

You could say I do hate religion though, but I still believe that there is a Infinite being...
:D

I was brought up as a Christian but now I am a strict atheist. I do not believe in God or ANY religion out there and I might even say that I hate religion. It has brought too much suffering and imo it's just another way to control the population. I support science all the way because science can at least give you SOME realistic theory about how the world was created. Proof will be found soon enough. But religion can't find proof that God exists,can it?

Science. I don`t believe in anything before I got some proof about it.

i believe more in science but i can't imagine that we exist without god, so somehow i am believe in both

I believe in science only.

I don't like this question. Religion and science aren't mutually exclusive---they're not even trying to answer the same questions! Science wants to know HOW we got here; religion wants to know why. I hate it when people act like you can't believe in God and believe in evolution at the same time.

"There are so many fragile things, after all. People break so easily, and so do dreams and hearts." -- Neil Gaiman.

I think both of them aport something to people, I can't go with only one of them.

Huesin

Administrator, Linguistics

Huesin

dead to everyone

I think Religion is a Science, and Science is a Religion.

Signature
	ImageThere's always one who plants an evil seed and
preaches fear to pull you to the other side
Into a world of lies.

Quote by HuesinI think Religion is a Science, and Science is a Religion.

Then, you are very wrong. For something to be called 'science', it has to have extensive theory behind it, plus empirical evidence of its conclusions or thesis.
Your second point is more controversial, and it's your opinion, of course ^^

"Also, Russia liked America in the same way that little boys liked the ants they burnt on the sidewalks in the summer. Only with a little more pizzazz, and outer space." (or "why do they call this war cold, baby, when it's so hot between us?" xD. America/Russia in a nutshell)

"Is there just something in the water over here, that makes you guys every so often go 'fuck it, let's have a rumble?'. I'm not touching another one of your big, European, 'bring your friends' wars, like you're throwing a neighborhood potluck or something. It's not my job to ride in like the fucking cavalry every time you get into a jam." (America's thoughts on Europe, after the "well, that was pretty pointless" fiesta of WW1. From "The Chosen End")

Huesin

Huesin

dead to everyone

My Google Translator is broke, sorry, i'll try to fix it later... ;_;

Hola SanzosSaru, no es que yo est

Signature
Into a world of lies.

Bueno, espa

"Also, Russia liked America in the same way that little boys liked the ants they burnt on the sidewalks in the summer. Only with a little more pizzazz, and outer space." (or "why do they call this war cold, baby, when it's so hot between us?" xD. America/Russia in a nutshell)

"Is there just something in the water over here, that makes you guys every so often go 'fuck it, let's have a rumble?'. I'm not touching another one of your big, European, 'bring your friends' wars, like you're throwing a neighborhood potluck or something. It's not my job to ride in like the fucking cavalry every time you get into a jam." (America's thoughts on Europe, after the "well, that was pretty pointless" fiesta of WW1. From "The Chosen End")

Huesin

Huesin

dead to everyone

Sorry for the late answer, I was very busy with work...

Se me olvido que era en espa

Signature
Into a world of lies.

Haha, don't worryXD

El amor es muy posible que haya matado en realidad a mas gente...ten en cuenta que hablamos del amor de pareja pero tambien el filial, familiar, de amigos, etc; y por supuesto, cualquier teoria politica o nacionalista tambien. No es el historial de muertes lo que determina si algo es ciencia o no

Y tu no eres un mono porque s

doesnt matter to me. i beleive wat ever seems to be rite at the guven time

Huesin

Huesin

dead to everyone

No conozco muchas victimas del amor, pero no creo que sean tantos los muertos por su culpa... Aunque quien sabe...

Eres atea? Hmmmm, le

Signature
Into a world of lies.

hitsu-chan

hitsu-chan

K-PoP AdDicTioN <3

Quote by CrystalEyedHyugaI am a Catholic, but I aim to mix science with religious belief.(I will give my OPINION, so if you don't agree, no need to hate me) God created the world, and he gave us all knowledge, free will and reasoning---that's where science comes in. Science is the human form of the explanation of how and why things are the way they are. Science has no room for belief of magic, right? Such an "impossible" feat is unheard of, they say. Is it because humans can't accept religion to explain everything, is that why? But, I believe, when we die and go to heaven, God will then give us all the answers.

What do you think?

O.K.... I think you're right..... I'm for both religion and science, if you really analyse it, science came from religion (eh! yes!) it's normal I think that because I'm Catholic....... when I think about it, once, I saw that firsts scientists were religious ! (sorry if I'm mistaken! I don't really have a good memory...)

Signature
make-your-best ecchi-club host-club bleach-central tsubasa s20-signaturestudio

god...
i mean jesus

Science is just the human way of trying to explain how God created the world

Quote by HuesinNo conozco muchas victimas del amor, pero no creo que sean tantos los muertos por su culpa... Aunque quien sabe...

Eres atea? Hmmmm, le

Huesin

Huesin

dead to everyone

Love doesn't kill people... but I must confess I was "killed" by love once, but thanks to that, I'm love-proof XD

Quote by SanzosSaruI guess, if somebody asked me how life originated I'd tell them it was a chemical or physical natural miracle that happened by chanceXD

So, you actually believe in miracles? I think that's a good thing, cuz you're very close to believe in God... Just kidding ;)

I dislike some religions too, but I'm not angry enough with them to be an atheist... I hate the way they manipulate their believers... But I do like some of their teachings, i have read all the bible twice, I found good things and bad things, like in any other book, but don't worry, I won't quote/mention anything XDD

Chau :)

Signature
Into a world of lies.

As a scientist, I have no problem with accepting both.

Science explains many things, but only by observing what is already here, creating conditions within this universe, or that which is conceivable by our limited understanding.

Religion explains that which cannot be explained but tools available.

Science says e=mc2, F=ma, E=(1/2)mc2, the electron orbits are Pythagorean intervals.

But only religion can answer the question of 'Why are so many of these fundamental formulae simple', what is the nature of life after death.

Many places religion and science overlap. Reading the opening of Genesis gives a story very similar to the Big Bang theory. The Levitical Laws of Cleanliness are actually a very good survival manual for low-tech situations. How did these ancients get access to information that requires a late 20th century understanding of microbiology\parasitology, electron-microscopy, radio-astronomy, and materials science?

Maybe science will answer the last question with Time Travel, but until then, I'll accept God as a superior explanation.

Quote by HuesinLove doesn't kill people... but I must confess I was "killed" by love once, but thanks to that, I'm love-proof XD

Quote by SanzosSaruI guess, if somebody asked me how life originated I'd tell them it was a chemical or physical natural miracle that happened by chanceXD

So, you actually believe in miracles? I think that's a good thing, cuz you're very close to believe in God... Just kidding ;)

I dislike some religions too, but I'm not angry enough with them to be an atheist... I hate the way they manipulate their believers... But I do like some of their teachings, i have read all the bible twice, I found good things and bad things, like in any other book, but don't worry, I won't quote/mention anything XDD

Chau :)

Lol, miracles aren't only god's domainXD

I like some of religion's teachings, but that's because they are sensible, they make sense to any human being regardless of his/her beliefs. I find good and bad things about religion...like in everything in life, really. But mostly, I find them, both good and bad, to come from the people who believe, since I don't believe in a higher presence

Quote by Kelvins-ChoiceBut only religion can answer the question of 'Why are so many of these fundamental formulae simple', what is the nature of life after death.

So not true. Atheists don't have to turn to religion to give their thoughts on the matter

Science, or rather, rationality. I believe in God as a creator, but not a worship object. Therefore, I don't believe in religion as a means of truths, only as a source of comfort.

Quote by SmegitupScience is just the human way of trying to explain how God created the world

Yeah, I agree.

page 3 of 9 « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next » 197 total items

Back to Religion & Science | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.