Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Religion or Science: Which side are you on? - Minitokyo

Religion or Science: Which side are you on?

This thread is closed for posting.

page 5 of 9 « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next » 197 total items

Religion and science are not necessarily in oposition. But, as I have no religion, I'm in the science's side.

science! at least it makes sense

Quote by teufelrechsanwaltReligion and science are not necessarily in oposition. (...)

Right, they both need money.

I'm believe both, mainly science.
I belive God isn't a perfect human being, I imagine him as energy that helped create the universe

i beliece there is no such thing as god and everything comes from particles and science.
Hence i also believe humans comes form monkeys

I'm an Atheist not a scientist, enjoy this world, and if there is an afterlife, worry about it when I reach it

NightfallSV

NightfallSV

Nightfall

Whoa a Religion vs Science thread that hasn't been filled with "You're an idiot" and rage and all that good stuff.

Well I for one was born into a Christian family and still do believe in the bible and and God. I'm also fairly a man of science. When religion grew and science started to become more well known it did not contradict each other. Law and theory in science is based on our scientific method such as these theory's and law's are only valid because the last experiment conducted still supports them, once it does not they become useless and/or rewritten. So in other words science is just trying to find the truth, if God is the truth science will eventually find the path to God.

As for Religion what comes to mind to me is if someone "believes" in something they acknowledge at the same time they could be wrong. Belief requires partial evidence and where that evidence is pointing towards; which is also just trying to find the truth. Welll thats my crazy thoughts on it all o.o ~

Edit ~ oooOoo last post was 3 days ago =D Bump ~

"The Melody of Logic will Play out the Truth."

Kyuoto

Kyuoto

Engineered buddy

Quote by NightfallSVWhoa a Religion vs Science thread that hasn't been filled with "You're an idiot" and rage and all that good stuff.

Well I for one was born into a Christian family and still do believe in the bible and and God. I'm also fairly a man of science. When religion grew and science started to become more well known it did not contradict each other. Law and theory in science is based on our scientific method such as these theory's and law's are only valid because the last experiment conducted still supports them, once it does not they become useless and/or rewritten. So in other words science is just trying to find the truth, if God is the truth science will eventually find the path to God.

As for Religion what comes to mind to me is if someone "believes" in something they acknowledge at the same time they could be wrong. Belief requires partial evidence and where that evidence is pointing towards; which is also just trying to find the truth. Welll thats my crazy thoughts on it all o.o ~

Edit ~ oooOoo last post was 3 days ago =D Bump ~

Ya know, studies are kind of biased at times since people only will believe what they are looking for.

Course, on a related note, most of us try to look for proof for scientific things and do it in school. Yet, some of us do not try to look for proof about god.
As someone said, religion and science go hand in hand.

kuchukuTulip

kuchukuTulip

proud to be a muslim!

i am a Muslim, i strongly believe in Allah. in my religion it is mentioned that if question things or know about them we get nearer to god.So believe in science is not a problem but everything can be changed by gods will. if u think how did we come to life we think that we are an offspring of a human but who created that human, how is it possible that all the gases an stuff came together to form the earth....there must be something , there must be someone...
when think about by what processes the earth was created u got the answer that it formed by dust and gasses and heat but how or y did they come together.
so what i meant was that if u do go with science u get a lot of explanations u get knowledge but at some point there is a dead end and a mystery.
i am saying this as a Muslim that many things that are happening now or have been discovered are mentioned in the Quran.

Quote by NightfallSVWhen religion grew and science started to become more well known it did not contradict each other.

Erm, umh...well, religion attacked science with gret ferocity, viciously, burn some of the first scientists and clinged stubbornly to everything that apparently justified it and science tried to disprove (like man being better or superior than woman, the Earth being the center of the universe, etc). So...yeah.

Quote: Law and theory in science is based on our scientific method such as these theory's and law's are only valid because the last experiment conducted still supports them, once it does not they become useless and/or rewritten. So in other words science is just trying to find the truth, if God is the truth science will eventually find the path to God.

That was beautifully written. I'm an atheist, so I believe you're wrong, but it was beautiful ^^

"Also, Russia liked America in the same way that little boys liked the ants they burnt on the sidewalks in the summer. Only with a little more pizzazz, and outer space." (or "why do they call this war cold, baby, when it's so hot between us?" xD. America/Russia in a nutshell)

"Is there just something in the water over here, that makes you guys every so often go 'fuck it, let's have a rumble?'. I'm not touching another one of your big, European, 'bring your friends' wars, like you're throwing a neighborhood potluck or something. It's not my job to ride in like the fucking cavalry every time you get into a jam." (America's thoughts on Europe, after the "well, that was pretty pointless" fiesta of WW1. From "The Chosen End")

both....without it i'm lost

superkabog

superkabog

VIP,Queen ~ Goddess

ummmmmnnn!? Both

Signature
	Image ’̿’\̵͇̿̿\з==(•̪●)==ε/̵͇̿̿/’̿’̿ ̿

berdengtubig

berdengtubig

Feel the storm, it's coming.

Science is the way for proving empirical facts but even if I am dedicated to it, there are still things which are beyond the recognition of man.

Z-rus

Z-rus

Cutest of kids,foulest of mouths

Quoting what Bertrand Russel has said in the past, "The majority of intellectually eminent men disbelieve in Christian Religion, but in fact conceal it in public as they are afraid of losing their incomes."

Life isn't complete without stupidity. Almost how your life is never complete without annoyances.

With great intelligence comes paranoia, as you are feel more empathy and have basic expectance of the reactions in conjunction to the people around you.
Signature

DanRen

DanRen

When Colors Fade...

i prefer cience i truly believe thas has prove to be this world way to advance but i admit it can be good or evil depends for whats purpose is carried

Signature

THINGY

THINGY

Fighting Boredom

Quote by kyubichanI'm an agnostic theist.

I believe that there is a creator, one who made the universe and by extension, us. However, I also believe that currently, no religion can adeptly explain nor encompass the concept of this creator. I also believe that the creator doesn't necessarily not care, nor care... he (I'll refer to the creator as a he) just wants things to move along in a manner where our frail human minds don't explode. Despite our 'superiority' over other living creatures, I believe that the creator knows that we cannot be his mindless drones, and that he should not interfere with things that we want to do (even though we believe that we are so awesome). That is, he let 'evolution' take place on all levels so that we can better comprehend and explain the things around us; by extension, science was created to study those things.

I'll put it this way: the creator is an intelligent, understanding father who does not want to suffocate his children by completely controlling their lives.

As far a beliefs go, I guess I'm closes to being an agnostic theist, so I agree with you on this aspect. Except I don't like to tie the "end" cause change happens even if it's in a roundabout way. Also the whole Good & Evil scenarios don't play well with my beliefs.... it's all a matter of perspective as far as I'm concerned therefore "Good" and "Evil" don't exist.

The thing is... although the types of happiness one can experience are limited, there are unlimited variations of misfortunes.
*Fooly Cooly*
Signature

to be honest im not very sure..i think more religious.

Why would religion and science be necessarily separate?

Signature

Ani-me

Ani-me

"Anta no seigi wa nandesuka?"

I believe in both. It's simple. And they're both inter-related. It would be hard to separate them both.

We came to hate even those precious days that we can't return to.

KazamiHayato

KazamiHayato

全て勇気強さ持つの男

Both. I'm either in religion and science in my own way belief.

Signature Image

I've a few opinion about religions.

adelopium

adelopium

SCURVY SGURD

i vote science first then religion. If science seems to be losing, i'll switch to the side that'll always win in debates through sheer force of will, the stubborn old religion side.

Think of the world.

i'm half to both sides, actually.

for example: if you tell me if all living thing is created by god, i would laugh at it; but, on the other hand, i don't quite believe that every living organism comes from a single cell, and evoluted from there... i mean, how is that even possible?

yet, there are things that even science cannot be explained, like the scientists believe that there is a huge magnetic force near the bermuda triangle... all i can say is: "are you kidding me?"

sammyui

sammyui

kyoruh-neko :))

both are essential, but in reality, I'm more on religious side..
science is also good and brings a lot of benefits, but I'm more in religious :D
hehe .. well, it depends on your own understanding and accepting of facts ..

<3 I love him. So much I can hardly stand it. I can't almost stand, how much I want HIM to be MINE. So much it can't be beat <3

page 5 of 9 « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next » 197 total items

Back to Religion & Science | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.