Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Edit != Append - Minitokyo

Edit != Append

page 1 of 1 4 total items

Astara

Astara

Scanner, Artistic

Seems someone is changing editing of messages to be an append function? or is this a bug?

Maybe should relabel Edit->Append if you mean the operation to be an Append?

While you are there, could you add a "Delete" (comment) option to delete your own comment?

It may no longer apply...or I've occasionally misposted something as a comment when I meant to use some other message type.

Would be at least as useful as changing Edit to Append but forgetting to relabel it! :-)

Astara

angelxxuan

angelxxuan

ぬいぐるみ !

at one time there was a means to use the delete button for things, but people would spam and then delete the comment thus obtaining credits, so if you want things deleted now a days just click on the report button or bring a mod around they will delete it, same goes with the forum too, just report it, tell them you just want it deleted and they will delete it. as for the first part of
" Seems someone is changing editing of messages to be an append function? or is this a bug?

Maybe should relabel Edit->Append if you mean the operation to be an Append? "

I do not understand what you mean by that, so maybe someone else can help you out. only mods/admin and creators of the post can edit the body within a post. so I'm confused as to what is going on there, so I'm certain someone will come along and try to help you out where I could not.

BuBbLeS!

Signature

kuroimisa

Retired Moderator

kuroimisa

Wizard of Darkness -under a rock

I don't see the Edit function being an Append function - when I click on the Edit button I get a box with the content of the post and I can edit any part of it.

Can you verify that when you click the Edit button, you can't edit any part of your original post, and can only add stuff on?

Either way this sounds very odd, but to answer your question, the Edit button is an edit button lol - you can append, but err yeah - can you verify that?

And to add onto angel's comments about comment deletion:

Imagine this scenario. You get into a fight with another member of Minitokyo, and they post an offensive message in your guestbook. You report the post, but by the time the Mods get around to it, that member deleted their post.

Personally from memory I can't remember ever being able to delete my own comments - but I don't think we'll implement a Delete comment feature, because we keep posts as records. But likewise, if you make a mistake, post in the wrong topic or you find someone else posting something offensive, report it, and the mods will come around and delete/ deal with it :)

Signature
Misa|Virtuoso and Legend of W.A.R - UA|Most coordinated Legion of W.A.R
MINITOKYO-WIDE KNOCKOUT WALLING COMP: LAUNCHES MARCH 2010. ONE WINNER. ONE PRIZE.
ADD ME TO YOUR FRIENDS <3

Astara

Astara

Scanner, Artistic

I'll verify the edit append...maybe was a fluke, but got a blank edit box instead of one with message in it -- maybe something to do with caching or something -- behavior just changed recently when I noticed the 25 char minimum -- I thought something else had changed.

As to the deleting -- if they delete their own comment -- subtract points.
and if it's an insult the they are deleting, well maybe they realize they made a mistake and they wanted to "take it back" -- if it was really necessary to leave a tracking for a moderator to view could change a message to 'hidden' for 3 (or X) days, then auto delete or something similar -- that way a moderator would have ability to review an objectionable message AND see the intention of the poster to retract the message -- both being, IMO, valuable pieces of data in such a scenario...

But no biggie -- just an idea...I hate bothering admins for my trivial mistakes -- I'd rather deal with them myself. I'm usually one to try to cleanup my own messes (if I decided they needed cleaning), but often won't bother if I have to ask someone else, because it's not important enough to bother someone else about.

Make sense?
But no biggie either way...
At this point, presume the Edit=Append "isn't", and if it repeats I'll speak up (or if I test it and it still exists)...
A*a

page 1 of 1 4 total items

Back to Bug Reports | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.