Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 What do you look forward to in a wallpaper? - Minitokyo

What do you look forward to in a wallpaper?

page 1 of 1 15 total items

HikariSukunami

HikariSukunami

Hikari means light...

Hello!! It's been a while since I made a thread topic, hasn't it? It's because of school... school's been torturing me for more than past a month now! Oh well, I've got to keep my grades up, so I don't really mind being challenge everyday!!! :)

Anyway, just curious again... what do you anticipate in wallpapers when you browse around the works of other members here at MT? I know that mostly all of the members here have been browsing around the galleries and I'm sure that a lot of us are very picky when we look for wallpapers to check out and comment on. What kind of things in general?

As for me, I think what I mostly anticipate in wallpapers would be the background and the character (if any). I especially love backgrounds that are eye-catching and realisitc or magical. Most of the time, I also look forward to the wallpapers that are made by friends, gallery directors, and well-experienced members. I'm sure that a lot of you are like that as well, right? I guess I'm like this because I know what kind of wallpapers my friends will most likely make and I know that the gallery directors will truly, definitely amaze everyone with their fabulous works. As for experienced members, I know that they will also make incredible wallpapers because they have more experiences in making them and they know what to do (please, correct me if I'm wrong! ^_^'). You know, I can be wrong too because I know that many can be unpredictable when it comes to showing talents and creativity, so... well, let's start sharing and ignore what I said!! XD

In the presence of the light, there can be no darkness...

-Taka Sukunami

DojiHiko

Natsume Maya addict

Personally I like wallpapers that aren't too busy. It really bothers me when there are like 500 different things in 1 picture. Normally when I search, I search for pictures from anime series that I like. Personally no particular choice on creators, unless they continue to put up one dissapointment after another.

Signature

Sir-Boingal0t

Sir-Boingal0t

BOINGATR0N

hmmmmmmm......

style >=D!.......a BG that was created wit some effort, and a BG that goes well wit teh scan

I look forward to those things, but today most ppl usually lean toward only the scan itself, even though teh bg is rather shoddy

but well......cant stop ppl's preference eh ? >_<

Signature Image
DigiTalBoing XD boingoingoingoingoingoingoingoingoingo
ingoingoingoingoingoingoingoingoingoingoingoingoingoing

Well, nothing else but creativity, good use of fonts if you use them and a good picture

DayBreak

DayBreak

The Prince Is Dead

well, to me, walls with great bg/effects.
sense i make half of the walls i make has some effects.
come check it out < 3

Signature
i have such good eyes for spotting talent *-* it never failed me -0- cept for the time when i picked bromit to be staff -0- -Queen Saki

Vivid-Rein

Vivid-Rein

Brom's slave

I like wallpapers that are simple yet elegant. If a person makes a wallpaper that has so much going on that it takes away from the real beauty, then its a failure. Currently im making a wallpaper thats pretty plain, yet im trying to make it as nice as possible. I also like wallpapers with nice quality scans, unless its an abstract wallpaper. If the scans are clouded with to many brush effects, then it needs to be burned. Also, good extracts of a scan are also pleasing, i dont like jagaddy scans.

Also........! Making a character to bright or too dark takes away from their beauty and their lightness should be at its normal level. Well thats pretty much all i want.

"This will be our final battle..."
Signature

jackalx66

jackalx66

Blau Mond

style and whole concept of it..
match withe chara is nice too...
*anything as like it cool*

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

xandman

xandman

The King of Hearts

anything unique and not up to the standards is to prefer.... :D the taste is different for everyone, but i guess the common thing here at MT is that we all like anime, manga and whatnot yeah? hehe....

as for me.... i love great wallpapers that's just.... simple and yet somehow shows the beautiful essence behind it.... ^_^' heh....

Signature

CyanideBlizzard

Retired Moderator

CyanideBlizzard

Margarita Time!

I look for something that stands out, something that impresses me and unique features.

Hell I love all walls, but its certain things that just make me stop what I'm doing and go "Wow.....how did they do that @_@" Sure I may be easy to impress. But I just love art to a point of where I'm amazed by everything. Plus its been too long since the time when I use to wall so everything feels new to me again. I love that feeling @_@.

Signature Image

Vivid-Rein

Vivid-Rein

Brom's slave

Quote by xandmananything unique and not up to the standards is to prefer.... :D the taste is different for everyone, but i guess the common thing here at MT is that we all like anime, manga and whatnot yeah? hehe....
as for me.... i love great wallpapers that's just.... simple and yet somehow shows the beautiful essence behind it.... ^_^' heh....

Amen to that.

Also one other thing that is a major turn off forme, is pictures with anime people with wings infront of planets and stuff, i have sen WAY WAY WAY WAY tomany of those on MT...just look at teh favorites on the main page, almost all of them have planets and angels on them...

"This will be our final battle..."
Signature

I like wallpapers that use the background and general mood (dark, bright, vibrant) to reflect the character depicted. Clean, high-quality pictures are a must. Above all, I like to be suprised by a good wallpaper that's not run-of-the-mill. Example.

On ne recolte que ce qu'on a seme.

Vagrant123

Vagrant123

I'm having a mid-death crisis.

Quote by Sir_Boingal0thmmmmmmm......

style &gt;=D!.......a BG that was created wit some effort, and a BG that goes well wit teh scan

I look forward to those things, but today most ppl usually lean toward only the scan itself, even though teh bg is rather shoddy

but well......cant stop ppl's preference eh ? &gt;_&lt;

Same.

I can't stand a crappy scan on a good BG, it's a waste of a good BG. I like when the scan fits perfectly with the BG, and the scan isn't something I consider bad. There's a particular drawing style I like, can't explain. It's basically Carnelian style.

For scans, I like something like this: http://gallery.minitokyo.net/view/38539/

or this: http://gallery.minitokyo.net/view/22378/

or this: http://gallery.minitokyo.net/view/39787/

And for a favorite wallpaper, it's along the lines of this: http://gallery.minitokyo.net/view/24403/

or this: http://gallery.minitokyo.net/view/38142/

Signature

"I'm stuck on bandages because bandages are stuck on me."

http://forums.xgenstudios.com

DianKibou

DianKibou

The inflatable Dragon God

the characters and the idea

Signature

Frosty

Frosty

: One Luv :

I would say the color and the style of the background looks and how does it matches with the scan, I can't make really kick ass backgrounds yet but I would say this really does make or break the wall and since this si the only thing you are really making, I say this part better be good. XD I do perfer to make them or see them comes in a color theme. ^^

For the scan I do like seeing cute and fuzzy-ish characters on a wall or some really cool looking pose. (This is one thing I think MT wallies are in lack of.) "even through I'm a guy" I don't like having see ppl walling a scan of an anime character(s) in some kind of ecchi - ish shot. being a scan fine go nuts, but if you want a wallpeper on your destop with that bizzard pantie shot or that repulsive post thats your problem. Swim suts are fine, for alot of them are very cute but just not the really ecchi - ish looking one which I found it unreal and very repulsive. XO

Signature

First of all, I only look for wallpaper with my favorite animes. There are a lot of goods walls, but I can't download every ^^
Also what is important is who is on the wall. I like Walls with many female charcters! ^^

page 1 of 1 15 total items

Back to Off-topic Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.