Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Who won the current Console War? Wii/Xbox360/PS3 - Minitokyo

Who won the current Console War? Wii/Xbox360/PS3

Who do you think won the current Console War?

Wii
12 votes
Xbox360
10 votes
PS3
22 votes

Only members can vote.

page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Next » 74 total items

Who do you think won the most current Console War? The Wii, Xbox360, or the PS3.

Please also state the reason why you think so as well.

geneticdoom

geneticdoom

Heavens' Legend

well hmm this is a hard one because the 360 came out strong with good support cheaper than the ps3 and a good selection of games, the ps3 had it rough with the high price tag and no real system seller games out in the beginning though thats changed by now but i think the rough start made it hard for sony, and the wii may be more popular because of all the average people its been geared towards, unlike xbox or playstation nintendo has tried to become more widely accepted among everyone. also i think that since alot of games that were gonna be ps3 only also went to xbox is also a factor though personally im a sony fan i think the 360 is more popular at the moment though this "console war" is far from over

Walking under the autumn skies to a new beginning.

vote for ps3
love the metal gear series
and ps3 has a better graphic compare to the other console

44IsoO

44IsoO

cmon shake ya bum

My favourite's the PS3. *vote*

freestrike2

freestrike2

drop your sword or I'll kill you

PS3.......(*vote)
the graphics is much better and the games are getting cool & interesting.

"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable must be the truth."Signature

nicado

JuguerANX Messenger

Well i vote for wi XD. because has sold more consoles than any other (good games are other history :p)

But seriously i think its too early to declare a winner in this current gen because well. The PS3 was supposedly made to last at least 10 years , and the 360 ... well im not sure how long in this one.
That and the fact that the move and the Natal are coming in this year, and the rumors of the "wii 2" continues saying that it will come in this 2012 or maybe 2013 (if the world it isnt destroyed jaja!).

PS. Sorry for my awful english.

Signature
	Imagehttp://static.minitokyo.net/sigs/nicado.gif

seems like XBOX360.

What kind of the question is this ?
Wait what kind of answers are these ? Answers to what's the most interesting console ? What's your fave one ? Which one do you think deserves most to be first ? Which one has your favourite games ?
Is this a question we can give it any meaning we want ?

I will just answer the question as it is usually understood when talking about console wars, except if MT uses it differently. Like powerlevel is a bit different depending on the MMORPG game.

Just as PS2 has won the previous console war, the Wii has won this one, except of course it doesn't sell a lot anymore and the PS3 or the Xbox 360 manages to catch up, there are more than 70 M Wii sold, 34 M PS3 sold and nearly 40 M of Xbox 360.

But considering that the Wii is said to have sold 4.48 M between the 3r january 2010 and the 10th april, the PS3 3.05 M and the Xbox 360 2.32 M, the Wii is likely to stay first this year.

PS: I am pretty sure there's already a fave console thread... as it is an usual one.

Signature

vote for ps3
love the metal gear series

Northy

Northy

Guys are human as well.

If we're talking sales, then yes, the Wii probably "won", but since each console have their fanbase and all three companies will continue to develop and release new consoles, none of them really won anything at all. We're going to be seeing the same thing happen between Xbox/PS/Nintendo fans next time as we did between Sega/Nintendo fanboys in the 8 bit days.

1- xbox 360
2- ps3
3- wii

Killgroup

Killgroup

Cato-san

On a non-bias view Wii probably won, because it targeted casual, old, young all sorts of players and managed to exploit that to get a load of sales.

Xbox probably wins in terms of online play as that's where most people who have a console and want to play online reside (despite the

LonelyAmure

LonelyAmure

???? Friendship & Love

With the wii, the nintendo's gained back the popularity it used to have before playstation and xbos came out. Remember the super NES consoles? Yeah. When Playstation entered the ring with Nintendo, it won though. Final Fantasy used to be a Nintendo title, and now it's a Playstation lenient franchise. However, when PS3, Xbox 360, and Wii came out, Wii sold the most due to it's casual-esque for all types of gamers and also it's wide array of games, and not to mention usefulness. Comon, now, wii fit? That's how my science teacher lost weight, lol.

However, this year, PS3 is probably taking home the crown even if the slim hasn't received popular reception because of it's non-glossy matte, boring texture and it's redesigned logo. Some awesome games have come out for PS3, including FF13 (also came out for Xbox 360, but you needed to install, like, 3 discs because xbox isn't blu-ray), uncharted 2 (came out last year, people are still playing it on multiplayer), Metal Gear Solid 4 (again, last year), God Of War 3, and other games like Yakuza 3, and Resonance of fate!

Ps3 is a lot cheaper now, and it's my favorite console, I still play on it, so like, everyone should get a PS3 xDDDD

merged: 05-01-2010 ~ 10:13pm

Quote by KillgroupOn a non-bias view Wii probably won, because it targeted casual, old, young all sorts of players and managed to exploit that to get a load of sales.

Xbox probably wins in terms of online play as that's where most people who have a console and want to play online reside (despite the

( ^_^)o??o(^_^ )Cheers~ my favorite|Twitter|Facebook|Windows Live|Minitokyo|My Wordpress!|USE Tineye-kun!
"The greatest treasures are those invisible to the eye but found by the heart."

Quote: LonelyAmure ????(@uggubs)??@kilacco??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Killgroup

Killgroup

Cato-san

Quote by LonelyAmure

Lol, have to say, PC gaming isn't as popular as console gaming, but I can see your point because more hardcore players like playing PC because of the great adaptation with keyboard and mouse, hotkey functions, and that adds to the fact whereas there are things on PC that you can do way faster than on a controller if you do them correctly (OMG DUDE GET ON VENT! srry I don't use vent I have TS) and then you got PC games like unreal tournament, the warcraft series, the starcraft series, and COUNTLESS MMO's, not to forget that some console titles are also available on PC, Just CUUUz 2? lol.

Oh yeah, I completely agree it isn't as popular, but I just cannot use a controller at all to save my life. Lol, I'm too used to my keyboard and mouse and can't understand how people can play FPS' on controllers.

I just enjoy using a PC for gaming, because I can do everything else in one area, I can have the likes of MSN open, ventrilo, browsing the web, checking emails etc. etc. all in one easy place, rather than having to go off console to go to PC and then doing whatever I need to do, I can just alt-tab. It also turns out cheaper in the long run, seeing as PC games are cheaper (And a lot easier to get hold of....if you choose to...well, you know, 'acquire' them :P), the PC itself might be somewhat expensive (You can build a capable gaming machine for around

wii off course. but in game quality i think that xbox360 wins by the minimum....

KitoMinatoro

KitoMinatoro

Shadow Fox

PS3 will probably win. I don't have one myself, but it seems like it is more sturdy than the 360. I heard the 360 has a 54% failure rate. The Wii is good, but it doesn't have any of the good games.

Killgroup

Killgroup

Cato-san

Quote by KitoMinatoroPS3 will probably win. I don't have one myself, but it seems like it is more sturdy than the 360. I heard the 360 has a 54% failure rate. The Wii is good, but it doesn't have any of the good games.

Zelda & Mario & Other Japanese-oriented games are good :3

My favourite's the PS3. *vote*

tipsynaruto

tipsynaruto

Meh...

Hard to say. Each had strong sales in its own respective region, but i have to say, the crazy 1000 dollar price tag for the first PS3 killed a fair amount of enthusiasm for it, dropping it behind the other two. Still, its hard to say, but by sales, id say Wii. Mostly due to the fact that its cheap, so many families can buy it in addition to another console.

loutemi2

loutemi2

TAMAYA !! \(^o^)/

Difficult to say: my fav is Ps3, but I think Wii is the most bought console

My favorite is PS3

I vote for Wii.
Their sell is good.

sabreroth

sabreroth

Sabreroth

Xbox360
PS3
Wii

maxlinkmax

maxlinkmax

Legendary ACG fan

ps3 obviously

第666拘束機関解放、次元干渉虚数方陣展開、イデア機関接続、ブレイブルー起動!!!見せてやるよ!!!これが蒼の力を!!!

page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Next » 74 total items

Back to Games | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.