Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 How to gain Credits without Spamming - Minitokyo

How to gain Credits without Spamming

page 1 of 1 16 total items

Morrow

Scanner

Morrow

...is in stealth mode.

Hey guys, since I started uploading scans, I noticed a lot of people just spam the images to gain credits, which is VERY annoying.
I reported a lot of people, but it won't stop, so I thought about a way to prevent spam.
I made some kind of "tutorial" on how to alternatively gain credits without spamming the galleries, by tagging.

By tagging, you add words to an image which describe what is seen on it.
When you do, please watch out to add only correct tags, in this example, you rather add "Toshiro Hitsugaya" and "Rangiku Matsumoto" seperately, instead of "Toshiro and Rangiku", which is wrong here.

I tag all the time and only comment when I really like an image and have actually something to say, and I have more than 18k credits (which I can never use up I guess ^^;)

I hope this helps :)

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4036/4488747359_8b3fe6b061_b.jpg

Sinistra

Sinistra

MT Fanatic

I have recently noticed that alot of our spammers are also image rippers and or comment spammers. This is a good idea for tagging. But what about those that want spam up the gallery with duplcate images, ripped wallpapers, and ripped artwork? I see aan issue with this as well. This has to be nipped as well.

So I thought hey what if we moderate the newcomers uploades. I know this sounds mean and what not but I feel this is the only way to keep people from uploading others walls images scans and indy art

anti-spammers | photoshop-lovers

Yeah I think Sinistra's idea is good...
Well this is one thing that I think will work...
For new members, if they want to upload something.... it will not be approved immediately or will appear in the homepage or recent additions... but be approved by mods first in a list... or something like that.. and if their image/s were approved then they can upload freely already.

Signature Image
anime-fans-unitedtag-liciousanti-spammersuserpageskindesigns
Tagging: Visual novels, Gintama

Sinistra

Sinistra

MT Fanatic

It would work its just has to be put into place for newmembers. Members that don't have elite, moderators or admins, are exempt from this but those that have been here awhile based on their join date should not have to have their stuff moderated. This wouldn't go for like forum posts mainly comments on gallery items, reviews, and even guestbook comments. Members found doing the 3 ward response such as the above poster would get put into moderation query till they deside to post a desired by members and staff alike

I am a big anti spammer I love anime and anime comunites and know that the members that post on these websites love the hard work that these artists put into their works. So as for the 3 word comments These members should be warned first and then if they continue put in modeation query

Morrow

Scanner

Morrow

...is in stealth mode.

I think that's a bit discriminating.
Just because someone is new doesn't mean he WILL break the sites rules. The moderators take care of that, it's their job after all. And I think there are enough helpful members who will report ripped images, making it easier for the mods :)

To me, it's more annoying to receive ten comments saying the same, like "Thanks a lot for sharing this scan! ^.^"
When I receive such a vague comment that could be pasted on ANY gallery item, I check the persons activity and oh surprise, a spammer.
Most of them don't know there are other ways to earn credits, like tagging, that's why I made this thread.

merged: 04-05-2010 ~ 12:26pm
Of course, the spamming issue could very easily be solved by not getting credits for commenting, I may add ;)

Sinistra

Sinistra

MT Fanatic

Members are going to spam weather you want it or not. This is an ongoing issue on any community. I was just sugessting that we moderate what the newcomers upload to the gallery not what they post on the forum because if I understand correctly there is a "spam" forum here. if you think tagging is a good alt for spamming then good. I have tagged and it dosen't up your credits any so how is this an alt to spamming.

Morrow

Scanner

Morrow

...is in stealth mode.

I wasn't talking about spamming the forum, I was talking about spamming the gallery items like scans or wallpapers with short, generic comments.

And I could say the same about ripping images, it is also an ongoing issue in a lot of communities, whether we want it or not. That doesn't mean it should be ignored, just as spamming shouldn't be ignored.
I understand your point, but that's not the topic here. The topic is to show people who spam for comments a nice alternative. People who spam do it because they want credits to download images, people who rip most likey don't know it better and/or haven't read the policy about gallery items.
If you want to discuss rippers, please do so on a thread that actually is about rippers.

And yes, you do get credits for tagging, otherwise I wouldn't have over 18k (!) credits. I rarely comment, but I tag a lot. You get 0,25 credits for every tag.

Sorry but I want to butt in.. hehe...
I agree with Sinistra...

Quote by sinistra
I have tagged and it dosen't up your credits any so how is this an alt to spamming.

My credits doesn't go up either...
I only get additional credits by posting in the forum, reporting duplicates and uploading something.

Signature Image
anime-fans-unitedtag-liciousanti-spammersuserpageskindesigns
Tagging: Visual novels, Gintama

Morrow

Scanner

Morrow

...is in stealth mode.

Then maybe both of you are experiencing a bug and should ask a mod about it. I rarely (almost never) comment, but tag a lot and my credits constantly go up.

Sinistra

Sinistra

MT Fanatic

OK I see your point about creating a way to keep spammers from posting nonsense comments for earning credits. I like this alt and Yes we might be experiencing a bug that]s not fixed yet. I have a message into a mod about this issue.

This is a nice way to earn credits now if I can get the credits for the images I tagged that would be nice LOL

angelxxuan

angelxxuan

ぬいぐるみ !

when I try to comment on someone's work, or have time for that matter, I don't just type "nice job" I mean if someone would add stuff like "I like how you used the brushes" and not use short hand right there is some more characters. I don't like using that stuff not for shortness of characters and to not appear spamming but I find one lacks intelligence if they are using is. but that's just me and my opinion on that one. but it's a hard job but just pretty much get the word out, report and hope for the best. mods are very quick about settling matters when it comes to ripped work or over ecchied pics, which is something I report just as much as ripped work.

BuBbLeS!

Signature

Sinistra

Sinistra

MT Fanatic

according to the admin and abot 3 elite members there is no credits for tagging. Only way you can get credits is commenting, Posting on the forum, and uploading

Morrow

Scanner

Morrow

...is in stealth mode.

I've been told in a thread (can't find it anymore >.<) that you get 0.25 credits for every tag, and I can't imagine this to be untrue, since I have exactly 21710.05 credits, and I rarely comment and post. I upload Scans, but not nearly enough to reach that number of credits oO

I found the thread! ^^ http://forum.minitokyo.net/t66122
Scroll down and you'll see how FreemanX explains that you do get credits for tagging :)

Fran

Retired Moderator, Tagger, Linguistics

Fran

better than your faves tbh

(moved this to MT discussions)
I'm pretty sure you don't get credits for tagging.

Hitodama, you're probably getting credits for comments and favs you receive, after all, you have almost 300 vectors and near 400 scans. It's extremely likely you get favorites every single day, that's why your credits keep increasing.

Still, please keep on tagging 8) you're being extremely helpful!

For getting credits, I'd recommend reporting too. I'm sure there a lot of duplicates around. Also, if you see a scan that has both a version with text and another without it, you can report the one with text only if it's smaller and has lower quality.

Signature ImageLatest submission: Trouble Makers
tag-liciousvector-wallers
Lol omg, click on quote in guestbook instead of spamming your own stuff, SMH

Morrow

Scanner

Morrow

...is in stealth mode.

merged: 03-27-2011 ~ 03:02pm
After logging out and logging in again (which updates your credits), I had 39031.85 credits.
Then I added 7 tags to this image
Mitsudomoe#492605

Then I logged out and in again.
I had 39033.60 credits.

So you definately get credits for tagging. Guys, seriously, know your community >.<

page 1 of 1 16 total items

Back to Minitokyo Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.