Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Suggestions concerning Credits - Minitokyo

Suggestions concerning Credits

page 1 of 1 4 total items

Morrow

Scanner

Morrow

...is in stealth mode.

Hi ^^
I really like the credits system, but I think some options should be added.

One issue in the community is spamming. I think you should only earn credits for a comment when it reaches a certain character limit. Many people write only short and generic comments that could be posted on ANY image. That way, they would have to actually think about what to write.
Of course, this could easily be ignored by copy-pasting nonsense comments. I think, someone who only writes stuff like "hnb.sdvbs.kvbr.vknakcalbvsehlbs" just to reach the character limit should me muted immediately. Giving someone who obviously doesn't even care to write a real comment 3 warnings before they are muted is useless, I think.

Another issue is ripping images. I don't mean doubles, I think it's impossible to check a gallery with 500+ images before uploading one image (searching by tags would help here, but not all images are tagged correctly), and I'm sure most people are unaware their image is a double when posting it (it happened to me several times before ._.).
I'm talking about ripping other peoples wallpapers. Some time ago, I remember, uploading indy art used up some credits. I think this should be re-implented for both indy art AND wallpapers.
Like this, people have to first participate in the community before they can spend their credits with uploading. They will most likely reconsider before uploading a buch of stolen work (hopefully xD).
Scans should not be affected by this of course for obvious reasons.
Maybe the rippers will start uploading the walls in the scan category because of this, but that's way obvious and a quick mod can handle it ^^
And maybe this also improves the quality of indy art and walls submitted.

Something I would really like is the option to give credits to other members.
I started tagging the gallery chronologically, so no image will slip thru (don't ask, I'm on page 4921 ._.). I do that so you can search better by tags, and some images may get a better exposure when someone searches for a certain word. It's fun, too xD
I can never use up all the credits I earned, and it would be cool to give some of them away. I rather GIVE someone credits before they start to spam the gallery, I think that could reduce some of the annoyance caused by the spammers.

Well, that's what I think.
If anyone else has suggestions, feel free to add them here :)
If you think what I said is bull, tell me too xD
Whew, it's a long post, I hope someone reads it ._.

angelxxuan

angelxxuan

ぬいぐるみ !

we got a new group out called anti spammers http://anti-spammers.minitokyo.net/ we are working on methods of getting this spamming under control but you got to remember there's so much and so many places a person can spam that it's scary and trying to catch it all is horrible. but when a post is deleted a person loses a credit as well as other things when they are deleted so that is something to look at. also there are warnings and restricted for those that upload stuff that is ripped, and muted/banned for those that continue to spam. but people can't be everywhere, you just got to report it and when a mod comes around to see it they will take care of it. and the credit they lose is the credit you gain sort of thing. I tag things myself, there are so many images and it's impossible to keep up with them. when I travel around I do investigate things and make certain they are tagged in the right category and then make them the dominant category unless, of course, it's ecchi and we all should know about that one, since you do upload a lot of work you have seen ecchi by now :) but that's about all us "others" can do, mods have final say even elites are limited to what can be done but elites do try to help out, at least this elite does :)

BuBbLeS!

Signature

Sinistra

Sinistra

MT Fanatic

I agree with angel. The anti-spammers group is trying to get as mamby members as we can to maybe get the staff to see that this is a major issue here on MT maybe we show some sign of helping with the spam problem such as posting in the members guest book and telling them they are spamming this might help

As far as the ripping goes each new member should be put on an upload moderation system This will keep people from commenting on this artwork till its approved by a moderator. This will also help with those that make posts in your guest book "Thanks for the fav" with the little thumbmail of the images

anti-spammers | photoshop-lovers

Morrow

Scanner

Morrow

...is in stealth mode.

Quote by angelxxuan I do investigate things and make certain they are tagged in the right category and then make them the dominant category unless, of course, it's ecchi and we all should know about that one, since you do upload a lot of work you have seen ecchi by now :)

I guess that's because I'm European xD Our definition of "ecchi" isn't as strict. At least a lot of people say that the US is a very conservative country. But that's ok I guess ^^

page 1 of 1 4 total items

Back to Minitokyo Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.