Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Scans, indy art - Minitokyo

Scans, indy art

page 1 of 1 6 total items

secretzfan

secretzfan

I love anmie

I tried something totally new

http://s970.photobucket.com/albums/ae184/SecretZfan/?action=view&current=841745195_1264165970_Sketcher_1.jpg
http://s970.photobucket.com/albums/ae184/SecretZfan/?action=view&current=AizenGinTousen_Sketcher_5.jpg
http://s970.photobucket.com/albums/ae184/SecretZfan/?action=view&current=Kolae1_Sketcher_1-1.jpg

May I please bring up another thing. You guys said that Indy art is scans redrawn that are NORMALLY found in things like magazines and stuff. Well that was kinda a scan redrawn anyway that's all. So I am restricted all I need to know is how long then I be gone.

I am a big DBZ fan at heart, but I like other anime thanks to there storyline. DBZ is the reason I love Bleach I am a lonley person. I have no ral friends in the world, and so I go to anime and it closes up the saddens I feel with joy. [IMG]http://i970.photobucket.com/albums/ae184/SecretZfan/Ggumm.gif[/IMG]Signature Image

Sorry if I don't comment on wallpapers , it's not my field of specialty . Also , sorry if I commented late , I don't have much leisure time doing posts like this one .

The thing is that did you a) manually draw it out , b) vector it or c) you use some effects given in Photoshop/Painter/SAI ?

From what I see , it seem like you apply some sort of engraving effect on it (Then again , I could be very wrong . I'm still new to digital myself) , which seemingly fits description 'c' more well . Therefore , it's not 'a' nor 'b' at all .

Now , about the matter you brought up there :

Quote: May I please bring up another thing. You guys said that Indy art is scans redrawn that are NORMALLY found in things like magazines and stuff. Well that was kinda a scan redrawn anyway that's all. So I am restricted all I need to know is how long then I be gone.

You mean the ones you saw in the Indy Art section ? Those are 'vector art' . They do look like the original scan itself , the only difference is that it's been cleaned of all unwanted things like scanning defects , backgrounds , etc. using a tool called 'Pen Tool' to trace it out , which is then added with basic color palettes (which will then be use to make wallpapers , posters etc.)

But the Indy Art gallery is NOT just for scans redra- no , vectorized scans that are normally found in things like magazines and stuffs , it's for people to post their artworks as well (i.e : Drawings , paintings , digital art etc.) .

Now , back to the images you've posted there . Adding some effects on someone else wallpaper and claiming it that it is original & yours (Because I seen it in the Indy Art Section) is not allowed , same goes with editing or modifying other people's wallpaper . Plus , a wallpaper =/= actual scan .

I'd suggest that you :
-Stay away from making wallpapers for now , until you get to a certain degree of understanding on what does it take to make a wallpaper .
- Try to refrain yourself from doing artworks digitally (Trust me , most professionals will say exactly the same thing I've just mentioned). They are just mere extensions of tools . So , if you're bad at doing art , it's not because of the tools you're using , it's because you are not getting the basics right .
- Learn the basics first , and I mean the very fundamental foundation in creating an artwork & what is art (i.e : basic structure , anatomy , color basics , tonal value etc.) , and do some practice sketches traditionally first , not digitally (A lot of people don't improve it's because of their poor knowledge in basics , traditional , that is)
- After you got it down , if you're planning to start making wallpapers , learn the basics in making wallpapers . You will notice that it's much easier to grasp it once you've got a solid foundation .

*Do you know that you still can make a wallpaper using traditional medias ? That's a fact XD .

Sorry if I'm being a little harsh , but it's for your own good . You're still young & you still have room to get a better understanding on what's art , so try to take some of our advices . While you've been restricted , I'd suggest that you take some time to do that ^^ . It's up to the moderators to decide as to how long you will stay restricted .

secretzfan...
you will be restricted for at least 3 months but if the mods see something wrong they might give you longer pension... it might be almost a year.. but usually after 3 months, they will return you as a normal member and your privileges will be back, like uploading stuff... so when that happens, be careful already.

And another suggestion...
- Don't hurry... if you CAN'T do things well this time... you CAN do it next time... there are chances :)

Signature Image
anime-fans-unitedtag-liciousanti-spammersuserpageskindesigns
Tagging: Visual novels, Gintama

secretzfan

secretzfan

I love anmie

Quote by DeAnge1usSorry if I don't comment on wallpapers , it's not my field of specialty . Also , sorry if I commented late , I don't have much leisure time doing posts like this one .

The thing is that did you a) manually draw it out , b) vector it or c) you use some effects given in Photoshop/Painter/SAI ?

From what I see , it seem like you apply some sort of engraving effect on it (Then again , I could be very wrong . I'm still new to digital myself) , which seemingly fits description 'c' more well . Therefore , it's not 'a' nor 'b' at all .

Now , about the matter you brought up there :

Quote: May I please bring up another thing. You guys said that Indy art is scans redrawn that are NORMALLY found in things like magazines and stuff. Well that was kinda a scan redrawn anyway that's all. So I am restricted all I need to know is how long then I be gone.

You mean the ones you saw in the Indy Art section ? Those are 'vector art' . They do look like the original scan itself , the only difference is that it's been cleaned of all unwanted things like scanning defects , backgrounds , etc. using a tool called 'Pen Tool' to trace it out , which is then added with basic color palettes (which will then be use to make wallpapers , posters etc.)

But the Indy Art gallery is NOT just for scans redra- no , vectorized scans that are normally found in things like magazines and stuffs , it's for people to post their artworks as well (i.e : Drawings , paintings , digital art etc.) .

Now , back to the images you've posted there . Adding some effects on someone else wallpaper and claiming it that it is original & yours (Because I seen it in the Indy Art Section) is not allowed , same goes with editing or modifying other people's wallpaper . Plus , a wallpaper =/= actual scan .

I'd suggest that you :
-Stay away from making wallpapers for now , until you get to a certain degree of understanding on what does it take to make a wallpaper .
- Try to refrain yourself from doing artworks digitally (Trust me , most professionals will say exactly the same thing I've just mentioned). They are just mere extensions of tools . So , if you're bad at doing art , it's not because of the tools you're using , it's because you are not getting the basics right .
- Learn the basics first , and I mean the very fundamental foundation in creating an artwork & what is art (i.e : basic structure , anatomy , color basics , tonal value etc.) , and do some practice sketches traditionally first , not digitally (A lot of people don't improve it's because of their poor knowledge in basics , traditional , that is)
- After you got it down , if you're planning to start making wallpapers , learn the basics in making wallpapers . You will notice that it's much easier to grasp it once you've got a solid foundation .

*Do you know that you still can make a wallpaper using traditional medias ? That's a fact XD .

Sorry if I'm being a little harsh , but it's for your own good . You're still young & you still have room to get a better understanding on what's art , so try to take some of our advices . While you've been restricted , I'd suggest that you take some time to do that ^^ . It's up to the moderators to decide as to how long you will stay restricted .

Okay I see, so I have a question about vector act. I never even heard that word be used. Second I can't draw and if you guys say I am bad at wallpapers when that is all I have left, so yea I'll just go somewhere else, because I am no artist that is why the mods recommended wallpapers too me, but sadly even though I am better at it I can't make it live up to your expectations. Anyway yea thanks I guess

I am a big DBZ fan at heart, but I like other anime thanks to there storyline. DBZ is the reason I love Bleach I am a lonley person. I have no ral friends in the world, and so I go to anime and it closes up the saddens I feel with joy. [IMG]http://i970.photobucket.com/albums/ae184/SecretZfan/Ggumm.gif[/IMG]Signature Image

Quote:
because I am no artist

Even though you say you're NOT an artist... you MIGHT be one, sooner or later... so you don't need to hurry.. I'm just like you 2 years ago when I started here... but now I have basic knowledge in digital art and now I'm practicing to be better...

Signature Image
anime-fans-unitedtag-liciousanti-spammersuserpageskindesigns
Tagging: Visual novels, Gintama

secretzfan

secretzfan

I love anmie

Quote by princessmeyrin023

Quote:
because I am no artist

Even though you say you're NOT an artist... you MIGHT be one, sooner or later... so you don't need to hurry.. I'm just like you 2 years ago when I started here... but now I have basic knowledge in digital art and now I'm practicing to be better...

thanks for the little inspiration

merged: 04-11-2010 ~ 01:39am
Yes I got it I know what I will do now. Of course the layers of an image They say a image is like a book and its layers are the pages so when I re modify a scan in order to change the background since I can't use brushes or pencils I will use layers and create something totally different after I change layers I could probably re modify.

page 1 of 1 6 total items

Back to The Sandbox | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.