Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Pixiv Request - Minitokyo

Pixiv Request

Tagged under Pixiv

This thread is closed for posting.

page 1 of 1 13 total items

There are alot of submission here which are illustrations from pixiv which are "credited" but posted without the original artists' knowledge. According to the FAQ, DeviantArt art is not allowed here. Could you consider not allowing Pixiv art too?

Sorry to be a spoil sport, but "credited" or not, it's not that different than stealing others' art.

Are we there yet?

Morrow

Scanner

Morrow

...is in stealth mode.

I posted a similar thread: http://forum.minitokyo.net/t66106
Everyone on MT seems to be ok with it, since appropriate categories have been created.
The Pixiv artists don't seem to mind either, I contacted a lot of them, telling them their artwork is on here, and not a single one complained.

Since the original artists seem to be ok with it, I changed my point of view. It's a nice exposure for them, and no one claims their artwork as theirs anyway :) It's just the same as uploading the artwork of a published artist, fans sharing images with fans ^^ I don't think any of the uploaders (including me) have bad intentions when they share images from Pixiv.

Quote by x-Hitodama-xI posted a similar thread: http://forum.minitokyo.net/t66106
Everyone on MT seems to be ok with it, since appropriate categories have been created.
The Pixiv artists don't seem to mind either, I contacted a lot of them, telling them their artwork is on here, and not a single one complained.

Since the original artists seem to be ok with it, I changed my point of view. It's a nice exposure for them, and no one claims their artwork as theirs anyway :) It's just the same as uploading the artwork of a published artist, fans sharing images with fans ^^ I don't think any of the uploaders (including me) have bad intentions when they share images from Pixiv.

Ah okay, if it's been addressed already :D Just that MT is slightly getting the reputation of "Most Posts are Stolen Artworks" so I thought I'd bring the subject up. Credited or not, once a work is posted on places like MT, it's just a matter of time before somebody claims it their own/thinks it's 'official art'/edits without artists' knowledge/etc.. (which is probably largely why Pixiv is a sign-in site). Unfortunately not all posters are polite like you. That and, even if the Pixiv artists are informed, there might be a language barrier as to why none of the ones you contacted didn't protest.

But again, if MT administrators have already decided on how to handle this, that's that :D

Are we there yet?

Morrow

Scanner

Morrow

...is in stealth mode.

Well, I partially agree. It's true, the more places an images is shown, the higher the chance someone will steal it. Then again, this is something that can happen to anyone, even one that has their art on a small place only. I think (and hope) everyone who uploads images to the internet is aware of this risk.
On the other hand side, if an image is more widely known, there is also a higher chance people will recognize it as being a stolen piece. So, there are pros and cons.
And I actually think that a stealer won't choose a site with a lot of official and published work to steal images from. Published artists could file a lawsuit, after all :)
And someone with real bad intentions will just register on Pixiv and take the images, since there are tutorials on how to register...

Most of the scans you uploaded were NOT credited. And just because you didn't receive a complaint, that doesn't mean the artists gave you or anyone else permission to upload their fan works. Did the artists specifically say, "Yes, you may upload my images to the minitokyo.net"? Or did they just not respond? Not responding is not permission, especially if they are non-English speakers and don't understand what you are saying. If you knew anything about the Japanese fanartists, you would know that MANY of have "do not reproduce my works" notices on their personal websites in English, Korean, and Chinese; many artists have taken down their websites, blocked foreign IP addresses, or password-protected their sites due to people reposting their artwork without permission. And again, most of the pixiv.net fanarts I've seen (and have repeatedly reported, to no avail) have NOT had any credits, including fanarts uploaded by you.

Exactly how are Pixiv categorized specifically when they're uploaded? Sorry I am a bit blind or stupid, but they all show up the scans section and it really annoys me. I just wish they were in their own section. If I want to look at pixiv art I just search on there :/ I also agree with Pachirisu.

fireflywishes

Retired Moderator, Linguistics

fireflywishes

Calgon, take me away~!

@shuga: to look at just art from pixiv, just type in "pixiv" in the search box. We do have a tag specifically for pixiv artwork (though whether it is being used or not is completely up in the air at this point.) I'll send a link to this thread over to the scan Mods so they can give you guys more info.

And please, no personal attacks. Thanks.

Signature Image

MadoshiKurefu

Retired Moderator, Scanner

MadoshiKurefu

DESTIEL

Pixiv is allowed here. Like fireflywishes said we have a "pixiv" tag. If you want to browse a gallery without the pixiv images just exclude it for example like this "Vocaloid -pixiv".

Roses are red / Dean’s blood too / On his knees begging / “Please, this isn’t you” (SUPERNATURAL)

Quote by PachirisuMost of the scans you uploaded were NOT credited. And just because you didn't receive a complaint, that doesn't mean the artists gave you or anyone else permission to upload their fan works. Did the artists specifically say, "Yes, you may upload my images to the minitokyo.net"? Or did they just not respond? Not responding is not permission, especially if they are non-English speakers and don't understand what you are saying. If you knew anything about the Japanese fanartists, you would know that MANY of have "do not reproduce my works" notices on their personal websites in English, Korean, and Chinese; many artists have taken down their websites, blocked foreign IP addresses, or password-protected their sites due to people reposting their artwork without permission. And again, most of the pixiv.net fanarts I've seen (and have repeatedly reported, to no avail) have NOT had any credits, including fanarts uploaded by you.

Quote by MadoshiKurefuPixiv is allowed here. Like fireflywishes said we have a "pixiv" tag. If you want to browse a gallery without the pixiv images just exclude it for example like this "Vocaloid -pixiv".

Sorry to be a party-pooper, but just wanted to point out that Pixiv asks you not repost art without the artists' consent too (it's in the "Terms of Use"). And like Pachirusu said, just sending an email in English saying "hey I posted your art here thanks" isn't consent.
I don't mean to imply any posters were are intent on doing something wrong. On the contrary, I brought Pixiv up especially because it's clear most users here enjoy the art and artists, and the last thing any of us would want is to make artists unhappy. Just, once it's posted on MT as a "scan" then it's out there to use and edit freely. But again, if a decision's been made by MT admins, then users will comply.

Again, it's not that I wanted to spoil everyone's fun or ruin the chance to enjoy others' art. Just thought it would be better to at least keep the topic of how we want to address Pixiv on everone's mind.

Thanks for consideration :D

Are we there yet?

jese-mx

jese-mx

JeSe-MX

I want to comment that the rules of Pixiv say is "not allowed to publish the works published here elsewhere".

I think the "Scan Pixiv" should not be published in MT.
--
and published, should put the URL real to "Scan in Pixiv"

merged: 05-15-2010 ~ 07:10pm
Lately images are much Pixiv; if continues, it will be called MT, and change to "Copy of Pixiv" lol

Have not yet decided what will happen to these original works? (becouse no are Scan)

Fran

Retired Moderator, Tagger, Linguistics

Fran

better than your faves tbh

Hey,
just wanted to inform you all that pixiv is not allowed anymore. MT is going to take down all pixiv content except from published artbooks.
Expect a formal announcement soon.

Signature ImageLatest submission: Trouble Makers
tag-liciousvector-wallers
Lol omg, click on quote in guestbook instead of spamming your own stuff, SMH

Quote by FranHey,
just wanted to inform you all that pixiv is not allowed anymore. MT is going to take down all pixiv content except from published artbooks.
Expect a formal announcement soon.

Wow that's great news! Thank you moderators for adressing this issue! :D

And I wish you good luck in sorting out the Pixiv scans... your work must be cut out for you...

Thank you again.

Are we there yet?

Fran

Retired Moderator, Tagger, Linguistics

Fran

better than your faves tbh

Here's the announcement
http://forum.minitokyo.net/t67940

Signature ImageLatest submission: Trouble Makers
tag-liciousvector-wallers
Lol omg, click on quote in guestbook instead of spamming your own stuff, SMH

page 1 of 1 13 total items

Back to Minitokyo Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.