Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Howdy everyone! - Minitokyo

Howdy everyone!

This thread is closed for posting.

page 1 of 1 8 total items

belletoile

belletoile

~Miss.ChifManEdged~

Hi! *waves*

So I'm new here and wanted to introduce myself!

And also ask a question!

What are scans? Are they transparent png's to use in wallpapers? Because I've used the png's before to create wallpapers but I'm completely mystified with the scans on this site because they already have a background! So, an answer would be great ^^

Anyway, I'll be uploading wallpapers soon so look forward to them please =3

.: Don't cry because it's over ~ smile because it happened...
.: We think we stop playing because we grow old ~ but we grow old because we stop playing...
.: Reach for the moon ~ even if you miss you'll fall among the stars...

angelxxuan

angelxxuan

ぬいぐるみ !

hey there and welcome belle so glad to have you with us. be certain to check out the faq and policy at the bottom of this page and ask any question that you might have. as for your first question scans are just that, scans ranging from anime, manga, games or fanart that is from people uploading them to the site. dictionary.com calls them a visual examination by means of a television camera, as for the purpose of making visible or relaying pictures from a remote place: a satellite scan of the dark side of the moon; video scans of property listings available to customers.

a particular image or frame in such video observation or a photograph made from it.

hope this helps and wasn't too confusing for you. if so I'll try another approach to explain.

BuBbLeS!

Signature

belletoile

belletoile

~Miss.ChifManEdged~

Quote by angelxxuanhey there and welcome belle so glad to have you with us. be certain to check out the faq and policy at the bottom of this page and ask any question that you might have. as for your first question scans are just that, scans ranging from anime, manga, games or fanart that is from people uploading them to the site. dictionary.com calls them a visual examination by means of a television camera, as for the purpose of making visible or relaying pictures from a remote place: a satellite scan of the dark side of the moon; video scans of property listings available to customers.

a particular image or frame in such video observation or a photograph made from it.

hope this helps and wasn't too confusing for you. if so I'll try another approach to explain.

ahh I see! Thanks for replying ^^ So in other words, I would have to take the scan, extract the part that I want and make it into a wallpaper?

Oh, and while replying to you, I misread "report" as "reply" so I think I might have reported you ^^;
sorry about that...is there any way I can remove that report?

.: We think we stop playing because we grow old ~ but we grow old because we stop playing...

Hello and welcome to mt! I hope you enjoy your stay and hopefully you stay here for a long time^^
Remember to say something now and then in the forums also, because there are many interesting threads there :D

angelxxuan

angelxxuan

ぬいぐるみ !

no, to report you must finish out the second page and the staff knows I wouldn't need to be reported and issues sorted out. they probably looked at it and deleted it :) but you could try the sandbox and look into other topics pertaining to making a scan and transforming it to a wallpaper a few have done it in the past, but some aren't always accepted. a scan is just that, a scan of an anime, manga (think of it as a picture if you will) of something. but I'm no art expert :)

BuBbLeS!

Signature

belletoile

belletoile

~Miss.ChifManEdged~

Quote by ochuHello and welcome to mt! I hope you enjoy your stay and hopefully you stay here for a long time^^
Remember to say something now and then in the forums also, because there are many interesting threads there :D

thanks for the welcome!

merged: 04-19-2010 ~ 10:17pm

Quote by angelxxuanno, to report you must finish out the second page and the staff knows I wouldn't need to be reported and issues sorted out. they probably looked at it and deleted it :) but you could try the sandbox and look into other topics pertaining to making a scan and transforming it to a wallpaper a few have done it in the past, but some aren't always accepted. a scan is just that, a scan of an anime, manga (think of it as a picture if you will) of something. but I'm no art expert :)

okay they probably deleted it then...that's good XD

thanks for the help!

i am looking forward to your wallpaper :D

Welcome to the site!

page 1 of 1 8 total items

Back to Introductions Forum | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.