Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Persecution complex? Not paranoid, when it's real. - Minitokyo

Persecution complex? Not paranoid, when it's real.

This thread is closed for posting.

page 1 of 1 10 total items

Astara

Astara

Scanner, Artistic

The evidence:
Full body of Wandering Fighter Reina in the current MT scan on left, and mine on right:
http://img101.imageshack.us/img101/1135/qboldnew1.th.jpg.

This one is at 50% view of mine, 100% view of the MT view (making them the same size), showing Reina's face:
http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/5844/qboldnew3.th.jpg.

100% view of mine was as clear as 50%. The judgement:

Quote by kayurachanSecond warning for submitting again a low quality scan.
I'll give you a very last chance: change your behaviour forever or next time you'll be restricted.

My picture was a close up of the central characters in the picture. As a result, she called it a "cut off version" of the the low-res copy, using that as her criterion for 'quality'.

Close-up=low quality? Since when are close ups of considerably higher quality consider "low quality". Has this ever been a standard at MT? Is it really the case that when there is such a large discrepancy in image quality that an admin on a vendetta, can just arbitrarily call a closeup "low quality" because it is a close-up?

The first warning:

Quote by kayurachanThe tags you created for the QB gallery just don't make ANY sense.
First warning for bad tagging. Any more and you'll be restricted.
If you don't like our tagging system then just look for another anime community that meets your standards.

Was over the tagging problems -- that I believe were addressed. Yet she holds on to that as a first warning -- even though it was clear what I ask for was entirely reasonable. I asked that my tags referring to the series not be made aliases to the game and that I be allowed to tag my art from the series, as 'series' art, and not have it forced into the 'game' category (when it is NOT art from the game!).

Furthermore, I asked them for any specific examples of tags that I placed on images that "didn't make ANY sense". She refused to respond because the tags on the images were fine. I tried 'series' and 'anime series' as two successive clarifications of the tag on successive images, neither which "doesn't make sense".

Both situations are cases where this admin is overstepping their authority and I ask that they be removed from a position of power over me -- as they have show them selves to be abusive -- at least in my situation, if not others as well.

Such a person should not be given a position of power over others. I've heard of others leaving the board before they are kicked off, and I didn't understand what they were talking about -- but it is hopefully clear, to anyone looking at the pictures above and which is "quality" -- then looking at her accusation and warning, that she is not acting maturely or in a balanced and fair manner. I feel this is a major problem on this board and request others to talk to this person to intervene and have them removed from censoring me and have those warnings rescinded, as neither is warranted.

Sincerely,
Astara
a.k.a.
Linda A. Walsh

You say "close-up" but in the end, your version has characters cropped off. If you want the image to be accepted, then you'll need to scan the image with the rest of the characters intact as per the current version. Sugarcoating with the word "close-up" isn't going to endear yourself to anyone as it looks more like a whine than a valid assertion.

Scans are for walling purposes and a complete image is prioritized over an incomplete one. Cleaning up techniques exists to improve a scan and any waller worth his salt would know it. An image would be replaced only if the newer version is superior to the existing one in quality and at the very least, matches the original in terms of character completeness.

Fran

Retired Moderator, Tagger, Linguistics

Fran

better than your faves tbh

I can't say much about your scan issue, except that you got a second warning not because of the scan you posted but because of submitting it again, three times to be precise. You should had waited for the moderator (I think you should use that term instead of admin, since it's the correct term and to avoid any confusion) to respond to you.
But it's pretty much what kiopi says.

As for the first warning you got, with bad tagging we mean tags like "Queen's Blade-series", "Queen's Blade Series", "Queen's Blade Anime Series", "Queen's Blade-series-not Game", "Queen's Blade-series-not-game". It wouldn't been bad if you just created one of them, like accidentally, but the problem is that you kept insisting about it instead of going to the tag admin thread first and asked about spliting the gallery. If you had done that, the staff would have discussed it, considerated it and then make a decision.
Take note that the Queen's Blade tag type is "series, game", there's no need to add those tags in order to make such a difference.

Signature ImageLatest submission: Trouble Makers
tag-liciousvector-wallers
Lol omg, click on quote in guestbook instead of spamming your own stuff, SMH

Astara

Astara

Scanner, Artistic

Quote by kiopiYou say "close-up" but in the end, your version has characters cropped off. If you want the image to be accepted, then you'll need to scan the image with the rest of the characters intact as per the current version. Sugarcoating with the word "close-up" isn't going to endear yourself to anyone as it looks more like a whine than a valid assertion.

You don't know what you are talking about.
The are not from the same source. They are different pictures.
The picture I posted is complete as not cropped. It is as it was published except for the calendar trim -- which is not part of the image.

There is no more. It's a full 16" wide calendar and that's the full image edge to edge.
I didn't cut off characters.

Why can't anyone accept that it IS a closeup -- it is a different picture.

I'm not asking that it replace the wide screen, low res shot in the gallery. Someone else put that in as a requirement. I'm submitting this as it's own piece -- it's a fully acceptable image that is considerably higher quality -- that I did not CROP.

Maybe you missed my telling anyone this -- but I've posted this information with each of the larger postings.

If it is a different picture -- why can't it be accepted as the closeup _as_ it is published.

Ghandi has the same calendar and said the only reason he didn't scan it in was because it was too large. If he thought it was acceptable to scan in, except for size, then why is it not for me?

merged: 04-27-2010 ~ 09:42pm

Quote by FranI can't say much about your scan issue, except that you got a second warning not because of the scan you posted but because of submitting it again, three times to be precise.

The first time I submitted it it, I had underscanned it at 300dpi because it was so large -- I thought it might be too big. When it was deleted for being too small, I went ahead and redid it at 600 DPI. Then it was deleted again for being too small @ over 9000x7000.

I thought maybe they thought it was the same picture and they missed it being larger.

They didn't say anything about them thinking it was cropped until after they warned me AND the are still wrong -- it is not cropped. It is the full picture as published in the larger format. IT IS A CLOSEUP on the Calendar. It is not the same picture!

I don't know how many times or ways I can say that -- but I wrote it in the description -- and it's not the same picture -- and to compare it to a wide screen shot and say it is incomplete is just inaccurate and wrong. It's not the same picture its not the same source.

Mine is from a 16" wide calendar and that is exactly the way it is published -- if you don't believe me (which you'd be foolish not to, I've never lied), you can ask Ghandi.

It should not have been deleted. I should not have been warned. I should have been given the benefit of the doubt -- as I explained all this in the writeup with the picture.

As for the first warning you got, with bad tagging we mean tags like "Queen's Blade-series", "Queen's Blade Series", "Queen's Blade Anime Series", "Queen's Blade-series-not Game", "Queen's Blade-series-not-game". It wouldn't been bad if you just created one of them, like accidentally...
---
Excuse me -- but that's your interfaces fault. None of those tags ended up on any of the pictures I posted. I couldn't think of how to get across my message, so I was toying with several ideas -- and then REMOVED them. Those tags you mention were not posted on my pictures. I can't help it if they are in the TAG wastebin -- they aren't applied to any of my pictures so , I shouldn't be "charged" with tagging my pictures with bogus tags. I didn't. If you want me to delete tags I discard, then you need to provide an interface to do that -- that's usually done "automatically" on most systems -- it's called garbage collection -- unused tags or pointers get cleaned up automatically after a period of disuse (sometimes instantly, depending on the system). But don't hit me with your garbage collection problem. I realized those tags were not appropriate and DID NOT leave those on any picture.

So what's the problem?

You are giving out warning for tags people are trying and realize they aren't right and then do something else? Isn't that a bit Orwellian? Why don't you judge by the tags I DID put on my pictures and not by the ones I didn't?

And if every tag tried gets stored, then implements a garbage collector or a way to delete tags we create. You can't hold me responsible for creating them if I can't delete them.

merged: 04-27-2010 ~ 09:49pm
As I stated in the beginning -- it is because some people are making bad assumptions concerning me that have little to do with what I actually did. I'm being perceived through distorted lenses and that needs to stop. People are saying I did things which I did not do. And I 'm being railroaded on the basis of things I didn't do. The picture is a separate independant picture -- not the same source, that IS published AS A CLOSEUP. It's the full picture -- you can still see the decorative trim of the calendar at the base of my picture that is not in the other picture, that should have been proof that they were not the same.

There are many examples of different views of characters -- closeups or father away shots. This is no different. How many versions of Sesshourmaru with the moon are there, or Inuyasha with an oversize sword in front -- that are all the same image with different proportions and decor around the edge. Yet when it comes to me doing this close up, I get the 3rd degree. -- That's what I mean by discrimination and persecution.

fireflywishes

Retired Moderator, Linguistics

fireflywishes

Calgon, take me away~!

*sigh*

Astara, if it seems like we're giving you the third degree it is only because you are the most vocal about it. I'm not going to comment on the scan issue, because that's not my field and/or forte.

Re: Fran-- there's no need to go off on her. The fact is that you DID create those tags even if you later removed them from your pieces. Simply removing them from your piece does not delete them from the system. (If that did, it'd make our jobs/lives SO much easier... but that's an issue for Sheqel) Because you created them they could have been used by anyone, and especially new members. I was the one who had to go and merge them all with the original Queen's Blade tag. Like Fran said, the best thing to do would have been to post in the Tag Admin thread (which is the proper protocol) and wait for a response from the Staff.

Such is the case with the resubmitting of the scan. The proper protocol is to create a thread in Deletion Complaints and wait for a response from the Staff. If this protocol is followed, it makes for much more civil interactions between Staff and members. The fact that you resubmitted the same image 2 more times after the first was deleted was a violation of this protocol.

As I said in your other thread, your "tone" of voice when addressing members of the Staff in your posts is very off-putting and shows a total lack of respect. I understand that you don't want to appear meek, but if you have an issue with a particular Mod and do not feel you are getting a fair break, then the best thing to do is to contact a third party-- ie: another Mod. "Sinking to their level" and/or "dishing back" what you are given is a very immature way of handling the situation.

Signature Image

Astara

Astara

Scanner, Artistic

Quote by fireflywishes*sigh*

Astara, if it seems like we're giving you the third degree it is only because you are the most vocal about it.

Are you saying that they deliberately, as staff, taunt me in order to have me respond as I have? Isn't that indicative of what I am talking about, visa vi, deliberate persecution?

Quote:
The fact is that you DID create those tags even if you later removed them from your pieces.

It' wasn't exactly 'later', it was like within a few minutes -- when I didn't like the look of it. They had poor aesthetics among other reasons.

Quote:
Simply removing them from your piece does not delete them from the system. (If that did, it'd make our jobs/lives SO much easier... but that's an issue for Sheqel) Because you created them they could have been used by anyone, and especially new members.

I'm not certain why I should be held responsible for knowing the current limitations of the system, or why I should be penalized for not knowing them. Could you elaborate on why my not knowing about the MT-board's deficiencies is reason to throw a warning at me?

Quote: I was the one who had to go and merge them all with the original Queen's Blade tag. Like Fran said, the best thing to do would have been to post in the Tag Admin thread (which is the proper protocol) and wait for a response from the Staff.

Post what? "Excuse, I just had some random thoughts, and on the off chance that you are recording everything I type to hold against me later, please delete what I just typed, so it won't be used as others to label other pictures?" Um...what should I have posted in the tag admin thread? I _did_ post in the tag admin thread to add it as a series -- as I was trying to add it to my watched list, only when I did that did it occur to me that I might have actually seen a series that no one had ever claimed to watch -- and that others might not even know it was a series and that what I was posting really was series art and not from a game. But before that, I had my tags for series being aliased to 'game', which seemed (still does, actually) deliberate sabotage in my attempt to properly label them.
So now, it's still messed up with there being only 1 category for two separate lines of art, but that's a topic that seems to have just been dropped with the resolution that I should not be allowed to tag things from the series differently than things for the game. It's not about what I'm asking admins to do -- but what I am asking them not to do -- which was in the tag case was merging my series tags into the game.

Quote:
Such is the case with the resubmitting of the scan. The proper protocol is to create a thread in Deletion Complaints and wait for a response from the Staff. If this protocol is followed, it makes for much more civil interactions between Staff and members. The fact that you resubmitted the same image 2 more times after the first was deleted was a violation of this protocol.

Not true! Once, _maybe_, if I was sure they knew it was the bigger one, which I wasn't. The first was a 300 DPI version, and when they said smaller, I scanned it at my more normal 600 DPI. As I mentioned before, I started off not doing this because I thought it might be too large. So I _dealt_ with the complain, of it being smaller than an existing post. So reposting a different version that wasn't "smaller" would seem entirely appropriate. The 2nd time, after a half a day, I wondered if they thought I'd reposted the earlier version again, so I reposted with a VERY LONG description of what it was -- and how it was different from the previous and any similar copies -- where it was from, how it had been scanned from completely different sources that were over 2x the size (16" for the close-up Angle, vs A4 (~8.1") for the wide angle on the older photo. All of t his was detailed in the description of the the final post -- making it ALSO different and fully explanatory of everything I've written here. Yet it was still deleted again -- out of spite for perceived violations of rules -- which never should have been applied in the first place. And that's a bit, part of the point.
Rules were/are being applied to me in unjust and wrong manners that should not have been applied (I'll accept the first deletion, as it was smaller ... and I didn't catch the _2nd_, wider version (I found an earlier version w/text, that I thought mine was better than, and I reported it as requested), I didn't know that the earlier version already had a new copy that should have superseded it, that could be used to question/compare against my new one. As I mentioned, it IS a problem searching for relevant similar art when categories are overly large.

Quote:
As I said in your other thread, your "tone" of voice when addressing members of the Staff in your posts is very off-putting and shows a total lack of respect. I understand that you don't want to appear meek, but if you have an issue with a particular Mod and do not feel you are getting a fair break, then the best thing to do is to contact a third party-- ie: another Mod. "Sinking to their level" and/or "dishing back" what you are given is a very immature way of handling the situation.

It wasn't always so. But after enough times getting the raw end of the deal, I've begin to have doubts about the good intentions of some admins. Respect is a two way street. You can't ask for respect but continually refuse to give it -- and I'm not saying you personally, but the tone of others with me (as I pointed out -- their tone was used *first*) gave away their level of respect toward me. One way respect is not possible. Civility, perhaps, but not respect. Unfortunately, its so very automatic that I tend to try to speak to people in the language they are speaking.

Astara

I'm not trying to butt in, but thank fireflywishes that she's still giving you explanations. Don't think that warnings are given only to persecute or judge you, but also it is to advice you. In my point of view... warnings are pieces of advice given to somebody to be careful or to stop doing something. I'm not trying to push you in a corner but I hope you do not think of this is as a bad thing. Don't also think that I'm siding with kayurachan and fireflywishes because they are mods and have higher authority. I'm not on anyone's side, okay? One more thing, if you want to share your scans then you can make a site or make a blog where you have the authority and where your scans won't be deleted by somebody because of such quality issues. If Minitokyo doesn't have that scan of yours or the scan in MT's database is much more in low quality, then maybe you can upload your scans here :)

Signature Image
anime-fans-unitedtag-liciousanti-spammersuserpageskindesigns
Tagging: Visual novels, Gintama

fireflywishes

Retired Moderator, Linguistics

fireflywishes

Calgon, take me away~!

Quote by Astara
Are you saying that they deliberately, as staff, taunt me in order to have me respond as I have? Isn't that indicative of what I am talking about, visa vi, deliberate persecution?

No, I'm saying that while it seems that we are only focusing on you, it only appears that way because you are the only one who persists in creating threads to question our every move.

Quote: It' wasn't exactly 'later', it was like within a few minutes -- when I didn't like the look of it. They had poor aesthetics among other reasons.

But you still created them. Tags are supposed to be created to help people identify/find images. By creating multiple tags roughly on the same thing, how are members to know which one to use: "Queen's Blade Series" vs. "Queen's Blade Anime" (examples, not saying that those are tags that you created yourself) Though I'm slightly appalled that you admit to discarding the tags because of their "aesthetic value". Does that not strike you as contradictory to what a tag is supposed to be used for?

Quote: I'm not certain why I should be held responsible for knowing the current limitations of the system, or why I should be penalized for not knowing them. Could you elaborate on why my not knowing about the MT-board's deficiencies is reason to throw a warning at me?

FYI: You are not the first to get a warning for "bad tagging".

I mentioned the limitations because you brought up the idea that the system should automatically delete tags that are not being used.

Quote: If you want me to delete tags I discard, then you need to provide an interface to do that -- that's usually done "automatically" on most systems -- it's called garbage collection -- unused tags or pointers get cleaned up automatically after a period of disuse (sometimes instantly, depending on the system). But don't hit me with your garbage collection problem. I realized those tags were not appropriate and DID NOT leave those on any picture.

But it IS your problem since you created those tags. Unfortunately we do not have such a system of automatic deletion of unused tags. (Like I said before, you should talk to Sheqel about this feature if you are so passionate about it.) Because we don't have such a system, all tags must be "deleted" manually by us on Staff-- specifically us Mods because Elites don't currently have the authority. If you think about how many "inaccurate/inappropriate" tags we would have if each member created tags to "try and see how it looked" versus how many Mods there are who deal with tags, we'd be on this site all the time. (which I also discussed in your other thread).

Quote: Post what? "Excuse, I just had some random thoughts, and on the off chance that you are recording everything I type to hold against me later, please delete what I just typed, so it won't be used as others to label other pictures?" Um...what should I have posted in the tag admin thread? I _did_ post in the tag admin thread to add it as a series -- as I was trying to add it to my watched list, only when I did that did it occur to me that I might have actually seen a series that no one had ever claimed to watch -- and that others might not even know it was a series and that what I was posting really was series art and not from a game. But before that, I had my tags for series being aliased to 'game', which seemed (still does, actually) deliberate sabotage in my attempt to properly label them.
So now, it's still messed up with there being only 1 category for two separate lines of art, but that's a topic that seems to have just been dropped with the resolution that I should not be allowed to tag things from the series differently than things for the game. It's not about what I'm asking admins to do -- but what I am asking them not to do -- which was in the tag case was merging my series tags into the game.

We do not "keep tabs" on what members post in tag corrections for the sole purpose of "using it against them later". I must confess that I am slightly insulted at your insinuation that we do. As you also created this thread: http://forum.minitokyo.net/t67562 , posting in Tag Admin would be moot anyways. As for your second point, as Fran pointed out, Queen's Blade is labeled as "Series, Game"-- It includes both. Sheqel made categories specifically FOR instances such as these where there are multiple platforms of the franchise. This is our policy for now. Like I said before, as the site evolves, so will the tag system. Right now we're just working on making sure that things are able to be found. Isn't that what you would do if you were trying to organize, say, a random stack of books? You'd start with a general separation-- ie: fiction vs. non-fiction. From there you could then break down each of those sections into more specific groups. Right now, we are just working on getting all of the Queen's Blade scans in the right place. After that, we can focus on perhaps breaking it down further.

Okay, I now have a research paper to get back to now, so this is my final response here. If you need further clarification please send it to me via PM.

Signature Image

MadoshiKurefu

Retired Moderator, Scanner

MadoshiKurefu

DESTIEL

As a scan mod like Kayurachan I would have also deleted your scan because it is not the full version. No one says that you have cut the characters but they are cut and that is what matters. Furthermore if Kayurachan wouldn't have warned you for bad tagging I would have. You say that "she is not acting maturely or in a balanced and fair manner" and to hear that from you is weird because you have acted not maturely in tagging a lot of my scans with wrong tags. Why? Because I have added the "ecchi" tag to one of your scans where the girls were naked. Furthermore you have abused the report function to report my scans because of the "ecchi" tag I have added. So you should think first about your actions before you accuse someone...
And about the second warning. You have submitted the same scan twice after the deletion. And if you don't get a respond withing a few hours you accuse the mod who deleted your scan in running away and that's ridicilous.
You should read policy:

Quote: The Minitokyo staff (moderators) has exclusive responsibility and right to arbitrate and enforce this Policy. You agree that moderator decisions are final and are binding to all members.

Roses are red / Dean’s blood too / On his knees begging / “Please, this isn’t you” (SUPERNATURAL)

Chloe

Retired Moderator

Chloe

てめら~!!

Seeing as how you are now muted, I don't know if you will see this, but I'm gonna post it anyway:

Astara, what is it exactly that you want? An apology? For the warnings to be taken back? For a certain moderator to be demoted? None of those things is going to happen.
Moderators are chosen because they can get the work done and get it done properly. I don't understand why you just can't follow protocol and try what Firefly asked, to "post in the Tag Admin thread (which is the proper protocol) and wait for a response from the Staff." That's how it works here, no exceptions. You can't fault a moderator for punishing someone who does not follow the rules and protocol. Should the wall moderators excuse members for posting wallpapers that aren't theirs because their friend made it? Should the forum mod excuse spammers for copy/pasting the same thing over and over again because they "didn't know what to say" or can't speak 100% English?
You have two options at this point: follow the rules or get out.

Quote by astara

Quote by kiopi You say "close-up" but in the end, your version has characters cropped off. If you want the image to be accepted, then you'll need to scan the image with the rest of the characters intact as per the current version. Sugarcoating with the word "close-up" isn't going to endear yourself to anyone as it looks more like a whine than a valid assertion.

You don't know what you are talking about.
The are not from the same source. They are different pictures.
The picture I posted is complete as not cropped. It is as it was published except for the calendar trim -- which is not part of the image.

No, YOU don't know what you're talking about. Kiopi is a 100% right: the scans on this site are meant for walling. I don't know if "cropped" would be the right word for your version of the scan but maybe "incomplete" would be. Why would someone download an incomplete scan when the complete version is posted?

You make it sound like the mods here are a bunch of amateurs running this site. We've been here a lot longer than you have, so please don't tell us how we should be running MT. You are not the first-- and I doubt you will be the last-- member to believe they are absolutely right in everything when they are not, and us moderators will not tolerate those who do.

Along with Mado's quote from the Policy, I'd like to add something I heard Marissa say years ago that is still stuck with me: Minitokyo it not a democracy. The mod's word is the final, whether you like it or not, period.

So instead of complaining, move on.

Thread closed.

Signature Image
Like video game posters? Click on my signature image!
Latest wallpaper: Red Ninja

page 1 of 1 10 total items

Back to Minitokyo Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.