Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Gundams are they Meant to be used by Humans? - Minitokyo

Gundams are they Meant to be used by Humans?

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 25 total items

HaouJudai6

HaouJudai6

Meiyo Hades

Gundams are powerful tools or war & peace but are they meant for Human Beings to be used as tools of war,peace,and revoloution?

"Each our of lives individually small,
we're all part of the universe. If we understand this,feel it burn within us,life can shine. Anyone's"

-Pope Sage Saint Seiya Lost Canvas-

minayuri

minayuri

Like An Endless Waltz

I think once peace is firmly established, humans shouldn't have Gundams around or mobile suits for that matter. With these giant weapons around, the temptation to start another conflict arises. It's just like what Dullindal said, with these machines of war around profits increase and without profits dry up, so humans need these machines for selfish reasons, and that's on all sides and not just one or the other. The Gundam Wing finale, Endless Waltz has one of the best examples of a world without weapons, yet the Gundam pilots and the Preventers only use them to stop the Mariemeia Army from taking control over the Earth Sphere and nothing more and then when the conflict ends, disposing of them. I truly liked how Endless Waltz concludes the Gundam Wing series. So humans shouldn't use them if they are going to be used for selfish reasons.

Signature

DarkGeneralUnizaki

DarkGeneralUnizaki

My gears are always turning

Gundams where built solemnly for war.

I am the legendary Cybernetic-pony.
I will protect and serve Queen Luna.
I am a brony and proud of it!

HaouJudai6

HaouJudai6

Meiyo Hades

Hmm Actually Gundam means Weapons Protector Gun as in weapon and Dam in Protector

we're all part of the universe. If we understand this,feel it burn within us,life can shine. Anyone's"

DarkGeneralUnizaki

DarkGeneralUnizaki

In the Japanese language it does mean Weapon Protector just like you said Haou.

HaouJudai6

HaouJudai6

Meiyo Hades

yup i know man

UberDog

UberDog

I Walk Alone...

They are meant for Canis Lupis like me...Get away from my Gumdam you filthy Human!

Knowledge and Time are the Keys to Wisdom.Signature Image

HaouJudai6

HaouJudai6

Meiyo Hades

They're menazta for special people with enchaned reflexes and super skills people like me

UberDog

UberDog

I Walk Alone...

Right they are made us Dog people...hehehe

Knowledge and Time are the Keys to Wisdom.Signature Image

HaouJudai6

HaouJudai6

Meiyo Hades

No They we're made for Newtypes,Coordnators,and Innovators not Dog people uber

minayuri

minayuri

Like An Endless Waltz

And Heero and his fellow pilots, Duo Maxwell especially as his nickname is "Shinigami" and his Gundam is named Deathscythe.

Signature

HaouJudai6

HaouJudai6

Meiyo Hades

All True they all fall into Newtype category

DarkGeneralUnizaki

DarkGeneralUnizaki

The weapons were designed for cybernetic people like me as well.

HaouJudai6

HaouJudai6

Meiyo Hades

true but they are meant fro me truly

DarkGeneralUnizaki

DarkGeneralUnizaki

Heeehee somehow I knew you would say that. "One of those instinct feeling I had"

HaouJudai6

HaouJudai6

Meiyo Hades

true after all i love gundams

Quote by minayuriI think once peace is firmly established, humans shouldn't have Gundams around or mobile suits for that matter. With these giant weapons around, the temptation to start another conflict arises. It's just like what Dullindal said, with these machines of war around profits increase and without profits dry up, so humans need these machines for selfish reasons, and that's on all sides and not just one or the other. The Gundam Wing finale, Endless Waltz has one of the best examples of a world without weapons, yet the Gundam pilots and the Preventers only use them to stop the Mariemeia Army from taking control over the Earth Sphere and nothing more and then when the conflict ends, disposing of them. I truly liked how Endless Waltz concludes the Gundam Wing series. So humans shouldn't use them if they are going to be used for selfish reasons.

Except if it's not Gundams or MS, it will always be something else.

Just as shown in Gundam Wing, one cannot truly have TOTAL peace and pacifism without being completely walked all over by those who don't agree with such ideals. Without the recovery of the Gundams, it would've only left the Tallgeese III (which was originally made at the end of GW for Trieze, NOT by the Preventers; they merely kept it in storage after they were formed) and Noin's old Taurus and no doubt, the Mariemeia Army would've run them down and they would've easily conquered the Earth BECAUSE of such an ideal of "no weapons" and such.

So just like with the middle of GW with the Sanc Kingdom, they ended up having to go AGAINST their own (or rather, Relena's) ideal of total pacifism by using the Gundams again in order to protect the Earth. If they had bothered going forward with more GW sequels, you can bet that more forces in the future will try to take advantage of such times for easy victories and, as shown at the end of Endless Waltz, there will be no Gundams around to bail the people out. They'll have to, once again, give up their ideal because it's now convenient and rebuild MS and Gundams to defend themselves. Eventually, people will no doubt grow tired of the "on and off" of weapons and just opt to keep them and build new ones, thus the entire ideal will end up being worthless in the long-run.

As long as mankind has free will and their own opinions, there will always be conflict and war. Weapons like MS are merely tools, but the real danger is the mindset of the users and those behind them. Just getting rid of MS and other related weaponry will NOT lead to peace that easily.

DarkGeneralUnizaki

DarkGeneralUnizaki

Very interesting observation HalfDemonInuyasha. Very interesting indeed.

minayuri

minayuri

Like An Endless Waltz

Quote by HalfDemonInuyasha

Quote by minayuriI think once peace is firmly established, humans shouldn't have Gundams around or mobile suits for that matter. With these giant weapons around, the temptation to start another conflict arises. It's just like what Dullindal said, with these machines of war around profits increase and without profits dry up, so humans need these machines for selfish reasons, and that's on all sides and not just one or the other. The Gundam Wing finale, Endless Waltz has one of the best examples of a world without weapons, yet the Gundam pilots and the Preventers only use them to stop the Mariemeia Army from taking control over the Earth Sphere and nothing more and then when the conflict ends, disposing of them. I truly liked how Endless Waltz concludes the Gundam Wing series. So humans shouldn't use them if they are going to be used for selfish reasons.

Except if it's not Gundams or MS, it will always be something else.

Just as shown in Gundam Wing, one cannot truly have TOTAL peace and pacifism without being completely walked all over by those who don't agree with such ideals. Without the recovery of the Gundams, it would've only left the Tallgeese III (which was originally made at the end of GW for Trieze, NOT by the Preventers; they merely kept it in storage after they were formed) and Noin's old Taurus and no doubt, the Mariemeia Army would've run them down and they would've easily conquered the Earth BECAUSE of such an ideal of "no weapons" and such.

So just like with the middle of GW with the Sanc Kingdom, they ended up having to go AGAINST their own (or rather, Relena's) ideal of total pacifism by using the Gundams again in order to protect the Earth. If they had bothered going forward with more GW sequels, you can bet that more forces in the future will try to take advantage of such times for easy victories and, as shown at the end of Endless Waltz, there will be no Gundams around to bail the people out. They'll have to, once again, give up their ideal because it's now convenient and rebuild MS and Gundams to defend themselves. Eventually, people will no doubt grow tired of the "on and off" of weapons and just opt to keep them and build new ones, thus the entire ideal will end up being worthless in the long-run.

As long as mankind has free will and their own opinions, there will always be conflict and war. Weapons like MS are merely tools, but the real danger is the mindset of the users and those behind them. Just getting rid of MS and other related weaponry will NOT lead to peace that easily.

Each Gundam series is different when it comes to the use of Gundams and MS in general and all had different plotlines involving these weapons. So each series was treated differently by the Sunrise staff on how humans use them. Each of these series brought forth different ideals between people and the uses of their weapons, such as Sanc Kingdom that believed in total pacifism vs. Orb that believed in neutrailty, but has MS's and soldiers to defend their nation, unlike Sanc that didn't. So in some respect humans need these weapons to defend themselves. Of course such weapons could do harm to the innocent, such as in Heero's case in which in he was on a mission to destroy an enemy base and ended up causing the death of a little girl he met and her puppy in a scene from Endless Waltz as a MS fell on the little girls home in the process. So it's a double-edged sword.

Signature

yup i know man

That's why neither total pacifism nor total war is good, but it will be impossible to find that "perfect" balance. Total pacifism and you'll just be trounced on for being "weak" by the "stronger" side and total war will just result in the death of humanity.

Anatnem

Anatnem

All hail Neko-Sama

i want a gundam. imagen all the fun it would be to screw around some people and places XD

Signature

freestrike2

freestrike2

drop your sword or I'll kill you

that would be cool if i have one

"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable must be the truth."Signature

The idea of the use of Gundams or Mobile Suits can be numerous when you begin to look at it from a new way to farm to building to helping save people not to mention what you see in the anime series.

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 25 total items

Back to In-depth Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.