Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 3 Deleted Scans - Minitokyo

3 Deleted Scans

This thread is closed for posting.

page 1 of 1 10 total items

Rikio

Scanner

Rikio

Got a message saying my scans were deleted for these reasons:
- The image was too small. Only scans with a clear subject of 1,000,000 pixels or more are accepted. < Definitely not the case.
- The scan contains excessive artifacts. This includes, but is not limited to: page folds, dust, or text on the image. < Ok, one of them did have a bit of a crease in the middle but I see plenty of scans with creases in them. Should I get reporting?
- The image was enlarged. The majority of anime images found on the internet are not sufficient quality to be submitted at Minitokyo, please do not attempt to enlarge these images for submission. < Definitely not enlarged.

by Rikio
by Rikio
 by Rikio
by Rikio
 by Rikio
by Rikio

They're all obviously NOT poor quality, in fact much better quality than many scans in the gallery, so it's only right to restore them.

MadoshiKurefu

Retired Moderator, Scanner

MadoshiKurefu

DESTIEL

I'm sure that I have added additional information to all of those three scans linking to the LiveJournal of CuteSherry. And I said that she has reported these three scans because she has scanned them herself and that her site is proof enough and that she wanted us to delete your submissions. Here the link again: http://cutesherry.livejournal.com/41594.html

Roses are red / Dean’s blood too / On his knees begging / “Please, this isn’t you” (SUPERNATURAL)

Rikio

Scanner

Rikio

Maybe you did, maybe you didn't. I can't remember, and I can't check because bot PMs disappear when I clear my notifications (I think you guys need to do something about that, it's very silly that deletion notices can disappear so easily, especially when you ask that we reference them here. How can we do that if they're not around anymore?).
But besides that, I was under the impression that you guys no longer delete scans at scanners' request. Pretty sure it started about 8-10 months ago, because my sister didn't agree with that policy so she quit moderating here really soon after. Would you please refer Sheqel here for his opinion? If he says he's changed his mind about that policy then I'll accept it. If he hasn't then you've obviously done an improper deletion.

Chloe

Retired Moderator

Chloe

てめら~!!

Sheqel isn't a scan moderator, Mado and Kayura are. I've been seeing reports regarding "original" scanners who have requested that the other scanner's scans be removed so that they can upload them themselves... whoa, did that make sense? Anyway, as far as I know, the scan will be removed so that the original scanner can upload them to MT (which makes a little sense, right?). Whether or not CuteSherry is planning to submit her scans here is a different matter, but I hope you can understand where Mado and CuteSherry are coming from.

Quote by rikioI can't check because bot PMs disappear when I clear my notifications (I think you guys need to do something about that, it's very silly that deletion notices can disappear so easily, especially when you ask that we reference them here. How can we do that if they're not around anymore?)

If you hover your mouse over your notifications tab, I believe that there's a drop down menu that can lead you to your inbox/outbox. If you click Inbox, you can view your all of your PMs (then if you ever need to delete any, you can manually delete them forever from your Inbox). =)

Signature Image
Like video game posters? Click on my signature image!
Latest wallpaper: Red Ninja

MadoshiKurefu

Retired Moderator, Scanner

MadoshiKurefu

DESTIEL

I didn't delete this gallery items independently that means I've asked for such cases what should be done. I was told that if a member can proof with a LiveJournal or something similar that he is the actual scanner and he asks for deletion that the scans he wants us to delete should be deleted. If a member just claims that the scan belongs to him without any proof we don't delete. So I can assure you that this isn't an improper deletion.

Roses are red / Dean’s blood too / On his knees begging / “Please, this isn’t you” (SUPERNATURAL)

Rikio

Scanner

Rikio

Quote by Chloe-chanIf you hover your mouse over your notifications tab, I believe that there's a drop down menu that can lead you to your inbox/outbox. If you click Inbox, you can view your all of your PMs (then if you ever need to delete any, you can manually delete them forever from your Inbox). =)

I know that, but you're still wrong because they aren't there.

Quote by MadoshiKurefuI didn't delete this gallery items independently that means I've asked for such cases what should be done. I was told that if a member can proof with a LiveJournal or something similar that he is the actual scanner and he asks for deletion that the scans he wants us to delete should be deleted. If a member just claims that the scan belongs to him without any proof we don't delete. So I can assure you that this isn't an improper deletion.

Can Sheqel please back you up on that? Because I heard his own policy is to keep them anyway, even if someone can prove they are the original scanner. And just knowing that Sheqel is pretty reluctant to ever delete anything, I doubt he would change his mind on that. But if he did and he would say that somewhere in public where I can see it, then I'll accept it.

Chloe

Retired Moderator

Chloe

てめら~!!

Quote by RikioI know that, but you're still wrong because they aren't there.

Maybe Deletion PMs DO disappear after you clear your inbox. I didn't know they did that (I thought they were like the other PMs). If that is indeed the case, we'll have to do something about that.
But hey, no need to get all snippy :\

Signature Image
Like video game posters? Click on my signature image!
Latest wallpaper: Red Ninja

Sheqel

Administrator

Sheqel

*sent here on request*
Minitokyo does not delete scans because the "original scanner" requests it be deleted. I take blame if anyone was under another impression.

Rikio

Scanner

Rikio

Quote by Chloe-chanMaybe Deletion PMs DO disappear after you clear your inbox. I didn't know they did that (I thought they were like the other PMs). If that is indeed the case, we'll have to do something about that.
But hey, no need to get all snippy :\

Thank you for looking into it. Sorry about the tone, I just get irritated when there's an obvious solution and people think I haven't tried it. I didn't make it clear that I had already tried what you suggested, so sorry again.

Quote by Sheqel*sent here on request*
Minitokyo does not delete scans because the "original scanner" requests it be deleted. I take blame if anyone was under another impression.

Thank you for the clarification. Since that's the policy, then it's pretty clear those three scans were deleted in error, so can they please be restored now?

merged: 05-18-2010 ~ 01:34am
Ahem, so you guys have Sheqel's reply and you did an improper deletion, is anybody going to correct it?

Fran

Retired Moderator, Tagger, Linguistics

Fran

better than your faves tbh

closed as the original scanner uploaded her scans on MT.

Signature ImageLatest submission: Trouble Makers
tag-liciousvector-wallers
Lol omg, click on quote in guestbook instead of spamming your own stuff, SMH

page 1 of 1 10 total items

Back to Deletion Appeals | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.