Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Post Count Limit in Effect - Minitokyo

Post Count Limit in Effect

page 2 of 3 « Previous 1 2 3 Next » 57 total items

Quote by Osiris

Quote by GundamZZerrr....i think itz obvious increasing the character count on comments aren't going to help much....it will just increase the spam more....like what boing said

Quote by Sir_Boingal0t...and comments like "nice wall" wil never appear again, but comments such as "nice wall nice wall nice wall nice wall nice wall nice wall nice wall nice wall nice wall" will -____-

Im going to ban whoever post like that, seriously i will...

o man i still type like that (bunch of periods between sentences) cuz thats my style. i wunt type like that in this forum anymore. time for new style

Tama-Neko

Tama-Neko

Invisible

Quote by thePeacemakerWill there be something added to the script that will stop people from
using a string of the same characters. Such as periods or exclamation
marks though?

I second this suggestion. I mean, the easiest way to tell a ripper is if all they post in the comments box is 50 periods. That's obviously not a comment; stopping strings of 5 repeated characters or so might be just another method to foil them.

jackalx66

jackalx66

Blau Mond

hey thx for the upgrades...
why must torture..?
it's some fun upgrades....
i like it :D

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

I don't like it. >< Other forums don't have this kind of thing. Well, if you check out at NTV7 forum, I use to go there and post it.

Latest Wall[s]: Gravity ReDefined

Taurec

Taurec

BAKA^2

Will there be something added to the script that will stop people from
using a string of the same characters. Such as periods or exclamation
marks though?

Guess you never got any v1agr4 Sp@m <grin>

I don't like it. >< Other forums don't have this kind of thing. Well, if you check out at NTV7 forum, I use to go there and post it.

yeah but NTV7 and other forums don't have around what ? 10K members and 8K of em are leeching bastards ..

anyway i don't think it's gonna have much influence .. sorry to say but MT needs some "hard" and stuctural changes for long term survival.

- Too bad stupidity isn't painful

Airrrrrrr

Noctum

Noctum

.:Dark Lord:.

Just as I told Sheqel, I will tell you:

That comment minimum of 64 characters is too much. Even my usual "Thanks for the comments and favourites. :)" gets killed by it. Why do I have to write a book, if I just want to thank somebody in the guestbook?
Besides, for those people who aren't that good in English, it will definitely be a pain in the ass.

I would go for a 32 characters minimum. After all, 64 characters are still enough to make a good statement which contains more information than just "nice", "sexy" or "whoooaaaa".

Si vis pacem, para bellum.

rory07

rory07

Cowabunga!

ohh i liek this alot ..it means ppl cant just write "nice" on every wallpaper they see just to et lvl's..great idea

I'm good in English. Just that I don't know what to say after saying 'Nice' or whatever so on.
Anyway, I'm going to bed. Jya ne! (This should be how many sentence or words now? Hee...)

Latest Wall[s]: Gravity ReDefined

macguges

macguges

yet another otaku geek

I doubt I'll have trouble with this new rule. :D

edit: Ohh dear

All statements are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense. A public service clarification by the Sri Syadasti School of Spiritual Wisdom.

Noctum

Noctum

Quote by macgugesI doubt I'll have trouble with this new rule. :Dedit: Ohh dear

That exactly is the problem.
A normal, clear and simple statement of agreement, disagreement, thankfulness, friendship, hatred, etc doesn't need 64 characters.

Examples:
I like it a lot, thanks for sharing this.
Thanks for the comments and favourites.
I fully agree with you. Smoking is the worst thing to do.
Or just:
Thanks a lot. Let's be friends, okay? :)

According to the new rule, all these statements would be of an "insufficient amount of information".
How can the difference between like and dislike, between friendship and eternal enmity be an "insufficient amount of information"?

EDIT: Besides, wouldn't it be bad for the server, if all messages become longer? Some people will be scared away from commenting at all, but all the others will write more than usual.

I second Noctum's comment. 32 Is a better choice. Provides a decent ammount of minimum characters for both short/to the point comments, and long extended comments as well.

Signature Image

Osiris

Retired Moderator

Osiris

(>^-^)>( . Y . )

pfft you guys just dont know how to write a good comment, just extend on what you write from now on >_>

Signature

Taurec

Taurec

BAKA^2

Mmmmmz .. i'm afraid .. of pre made copy and paste comments ...

for those who need em ...

For sale .. 10 unique .. gallery comments for you to use ...

This gallery pack features 5 positive and 5 negative comments ... ...
You don't even have to use your own brain .. a Crtl + c and a Crtl + v is all you have to think about ..

Comming soon ...

Airrrrrrr

Noctum

Noctum

Quote by Osirispfft you guys just dont know how to write a good comment, just extend on what you write from now on >_>

Alright then, on your next wallpaper, I will point out every single mistake I see.
That should ensure that the comment is of appropriate size. :hmpf:

4 more points:
- size and quality aren't the same
- extending what one has to write is just another form of spam
- you didn't answer my question from my last comment
- your posts here are shorter than mine :P

Vivid-Rein

Vivid-Rein

Brom's slave

I am all for this new limit. Its snazy and it keeps spam away. Yay! -throws pocky and sheqel- Plus 64 characters isnt that much. :nya:

"This will be our final battle..."
Signature

Takeya

Takeya

the enigma + extremeties thereof

you know what this limit has led to at other forums I visit?

*defeating the post size limit by sticking pointless garbage here: augfagei0q3tha0gfhqtjh039tag9h-gv*

In Russia is freedom of speech. In America is also freedom after speech. -- Yakov Smirnoff

Signature

Taurec

Taurec

BAKA^2

Quote by mcoveyyou know what this limit has led to at other forums I visit?
*defeating the post size limit by sticking pointless garbage here: augfagei0q3tha0gfhqtjh039tag9h-gv*

waits for the friendly neighbourhood mod to ban some ass .... <grin> ..

Airrrrrrr

Osiris

Retired Moderator

Osiris

(>^-^)>( . Y . )

like i said before, im going to ban people who do that ^_-

Signature

xandman

xandman

The King of Hearts

ya know what.... actually... i forgot what to say.... oh yeah! those 2 word games and 4 word games are mostly useless now, hahaha.... ^_^'

Signature

Osiris

Retired Moderator

Osiris

(>^-^)>( . Y . )

Quote by xandmanya know what.... actually... i forgot what to say.... oh yeah! those 2 word games and 4 word games are mostly useless now, hahaha.... ^_^'

ROFL..yeah XD

Signature

Noctum

Noctum

Quote by Noctum- extending what one has to write is just another form of spam

See? I can foretell the future! XD

Quote by Taurecwaits for the friendly neighbourhood mod to ban some ass .... <grin>..

*watches the clock*
30 minutes and counting.
Anyway, muting would be more appropriate than banning here. It keeps the spam away.

Quote by Osirispfft you guys just dont know how to write a good comment, just extend on what you write from now on >_>

Quote by Osirislike i said before, im going to ban people who do that ^_-

Quote by Osiris ROFL..yeah XD

I am truly amazed how "good", sophisticated and spam-free your comments are. I guess I should start writing everything I have in only one sentence from now on as well (+ forgetting about grammatical and spelling correctness). :hmpf: :hmpf:

Osiris

Retired Moderator

Osiris

(>^-^)>( . Y . )

Quote by Noctum

Quote by Noctum- extending what one has to write is just another form of spam

See? I can foretell the future! XD

Quote by Taurecwaits for the friendly neighbourhood mod to ban some ass .... <grin/>..

*watches the clock*
30 minutes and counting.
Anyway, muting would be more appropriate than banning here. It keeps the spam away.

Quote by Osirispfft you guys just dont know how to write a good comment, just extend on what you write from now on &gt;_&gt;

Quote by Osirislike i said before, im going to ban people who do that ^_-

Quote by Osiris ROFL..yeah XD

I am truly amazed how &quot;good&quot;, sophisticated and spam-free your comments are. I guess I should start writing everything I have in only one sentence from now on as well (+ forgetting about grammatical and spelling correctness). :hmpf: :hmpf:

mods get special treatment :hmpf:

Signature

chibi-lizard

chibi-lizard

the official cicak kecil

haih... woke up just to read this *slaps own head*
oh well... i'll just have to settle with a 150 words essay... like those summaries i have to write in school... good luck reading em
*runs off to write some essays for people*
:D

.:: [ S . U . K . I - S . A . N . C . T . U . A . R . Y ] ::.
Signature Image
.: don't kill me cause i'm a lizard :.

Vagrant123

Vagrant123

I'm having a mid-death crisis.

Darn, no more "kthxbye's". J/k, I never did that.

And worst off, I just got the message trying to post that! XD

Signature

"I'm stuck on bandages because bandages are stuck on me."

http://forums.xgenstudios.com

page 2 of 3 « Previous 1 2 3 Next » 57 total items

Back to Off-topic Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.