Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Elite Gallery. Fairly? - Minitokyo

Elite Gallery. Fairly?

This thread is closed for posting.

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 37 total items

Quote by Jade517Hello. Can you please explain me why this work - ?? Invincible by ArtificialRaindrop
?? Invincible by ArtificialRaindrop in elite gallery

and this - Hatsune Miku by Sanyok774
Hatsune Miku by Sanyok774 is not?

Fran

Retired Moderator, Tagger, Linguistics

Fran

better than your faves tbh

You may want to post why do you think the vocaloid wall should be on elite.
Plus, there's no need to put "why is this on elite and why this is not". You can report the vocaloid wall posting the reasons you think it should be on the elite gallery.
Also, make sure you know the guidelines of the elite gallery. The aeshetic part is not the only thing the elite gallery deals with. A proper description is an important part too.

Signature ImageLatest submission: Trouble Makers
tag-liciousvector-wallers
Lol omg, click on quote in guestbook instead of spamming your own stuff, SMH

=__= I don't mean this. I mean why 100% vector is not in elite gallery but extracted image is in?
Ok, I live in Russia and don't know English well. This is mean my wallpapers never get to the elite gallery? =D
I think the work is estimated on the quality rather than on ability to write long descriptions in English.

Sanyok774

Sanyok774

реалист

Fran
I have a question to ask. Can you please explain to me.
In MT Policy is written that - "Inclusion of artwork in the Elite Gallery is the sole discretion of the Minitokyo staff." But which members are in this "staff"? Administrators and moderators or Elite members too?

"Сделать сложно - просто, а сделать просто - сложно". :)

Fran

Fran

Quote by Sanyok774Fran
I have a question to ask. Can you please explain to me.
In MT Policy is written that - "Inclusion of artwork in the Elite Gallery is the sole discretion of the Minitokyo staff." But which members are in this "staff"? Administrators and moderators or Elite members too?

Yes, elite members are part of the staff too.
Admins + Mods + Elites = staff.

please can I get a reply?

Fran

Fran

Quote by Jade517=__= I don't mean this. I mean why 100% vector is not in elite gallery but extracted image is in?
Ok, I live in Russia and don't know English well. This is mean my wallpapers never get to the elite gallery? =D
I think the work is estimated on the quality rather than on ability to write long descriptions in English.

A description doesn't need to be long to be apropiate.
Especially for vectored wallpapers, linking to the original scan is the way to go. It's necessary for us to compare how much the image has been improved or changed.
My personal view is that if the image is just a vectored scan, chances are it won't make it to the elite gallery. You need to change it, to add your own thing to the scan, if not, it's a copy. It needs to have a composition.
I don't know if the rest of the staff agrees with me.

Sanyok774

Sanyok774

реалист

Fran
Thank you very much for the answer. I understand why the majority of the elite members have so many publications in the elite gallery. :)

MapleRose

Retired Moderator

MapleRose

likes rainbows :D

Quote by Jade517=__= I don't mean this. I mean why 100% vector is not in elite gallery but extracted image is in?

Just because it's 100% vector doesn't mean it'll always be in the elite gallery, because as Fran said, we also take into consideration other things like composition, how much you've changed from the scan, and the description. If you just trace over the scan with nothing added, chances of it getting into the elite gallery are lower.

And just because it's extracted doesn't mean it won't get into the elite gallery. If there's enough effort to make the scan blend in and has good effort, it can be in the elite gallery. The example you used, ArtificialRaindrop did a lot of repainting of the scan, and the background.

What about Marisa & Reimu by Sanyok774
Marisa & Reimu by Sanyok774 or Paradise by Cilou
Paradise by Cilou or Absolute Love by Cilou
Absolute Love by Cilou ?
Why these wallpapers are not in the elite gallery?

Bernouli

Retired Moderator

Bernouli

It's Never Lupus!

Because "Inclusion of artwork in the Elite Gallery is the sole discretion of the Minitokyo staff."

My own personal opinion is that they aren't quite up to my quality standards to put in the elite gallery.. but again, that's just me..

Signature
sheq's neenja mod

Bernouli, ok, then can you say me why not? And what exactly these works worse than these?

Facing the Darkness by Valuna
Facing the Darkness by Valuna
Mind Over Matter by Kitten
Mind Over Matter by Kitten
Soft as Chalk by jns
Soft as Chalk by jns

They had time spent on them while Marisa & Reimu by Sanyok774
Marisa & Reimu by Sanyok774 not to be mean looks like a scan?

Sanyok774

Sanyok774

реалист

Quote by RavenSilverRoseThey had time spent on them while "Marisa & Reimu by Sanyok774" not to be mean looks like a scan?

If I understand correctly, you don't like this wallpaper? Well... I always thought that the quality of performance should be valued most. I mean clean colors, shading, glare, reflections, but not a garbage caused by thousands of different effects and plugins that are put on the extracted scan. And I don't like most of vector wallpapers without smooth transition from shadow to light.
Now let me explain about the shadows -

I dont like this shadows (they are very simple).

I like this shadows (they are more realistic and look like more professional).

This is the answer for those who think that "Marisa & Reimu by Sanyok774" just a simple copy of the original scan. :)

It is a wonderful wallpaper I was just pointing out that one possible reason it might not of made it into the Elite Gallery was that it has that scan feel to it which with the characters in it actually works better.

Sanyok774

Sanyok774

реалист

RavenSilverRose
Sorry for the misunderstanding. ^^'

Hm, almost all recent elite gallery wallpapers drawn by elite members, their friends or "friends of their friends". Interesting policy. =)

Sanyok774

Sanyok774

реалист

I believe that these works definitely should be in the elite gallery. grim000 did a really great job. Given this, I must agree with Jade517.

liquid sun by grim000
liquid sun by grim000 waiting for yesterday by grim000
waiting for yesterday by grim000

Um Jade I'm friends with Elites and any work any friends of mine non-Elite and Elite put up that get in the Elite Gallery is because they deserve to be in it.

And Sanyo they are both good and as to how to see them in the Elite Gallery suggest them to the higher ups and give a good reason as to why you think they should be and they might get in there.

This exception. Look of the elite members wallpapers. Few of them deserve to be in the elite gallery, but almost all there. And sad when the really good works goes unnoticed because other members bootlicking to elite members.

Jade if a item does not deserve to be in the Elite Gallery it is not in there. For an item to go to the Elite Gallery someone has to suggest it. And you can not suggest your own work. As to boot licking I would hope that you are not trying to direct that in my direction because I speak in the manner that I do.

fireflywishes

Retired Moderator, Linguistics

fireflywishes

Calgon, take me away~!

Quote: Hm, almost all recent elite gallery wallpapers drawn by elite members, their friends or "friends of their friends". Interesting policy. =)

Okay, I've been trying not to get involved, but here are my two cents on this statement. Most of the high quality wallers have been around for awhile. Over time they've gotten to know each other through their work. How can they NOT become friends with members whose work they admire? It's the same thing with Indy Art. A talented member posts artwork and I comment on it. This starts a dialogue and we become friends. Should it then be assumed that her work was put into the Elite Gallery because I am her friend NOW even though I was not when I put the piece in the Elite Gallery?

Anyway, that's just my two cents on the matter.

Signature Image

Firefly you bring out a good point which a good example is how Sanyo and I are on each other's friendlist and have formed a friendship from this discussion here.

OK. Then please tell me why do you miss the works made by not your friends? See for yourself the latest added to the elite gallery. Many there be made worthy of your friends? And how many good wallpapers not been noticed. =(

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 37 total items

Back to Minitokyo Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.