Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Can I upload this wall and where did the image come from? - Minitokyo

Can I upload this wall and where did the image come from?

Tagged under Canaan

page 1 of 1 16 total items

MisaSasekage

MisaSasekage

War Queen

I have a wall of Alphard that I want to upload. I was told the actual image of Alphard came from someone else here. I'm going to upload that wall. And I want to know if I can? Once I find out who made the image of Alphard herself I will give credit for using that image but I can't find it. Can I still upload the wall paper if I do that?

Simple answer... you can't.
It's in Minitokyo Policy...

Quote: You may not submit any unmodified, partially modified, or otherwise unoriginal artwork to the Art Gallery. Such items will be considered "ripped" and will be immediately deleted upon discovery. You may not submit ripped artwork even if the original creator gave you express consent.

Signature Image
anime-fans-unitedtag-liciousanti-spammersuserpageskindesigns
Tagging: Visual novels, Gintama

MisaSasekage

MisaSasekage

War Queen

I have looked and there are no other images like mine. Here's the link: The
	Lost World by MisaSasekage
The Lost World by MisaSasekage
Can you tell me if this is okay to have up?

If it's your own work then you can have it up but it's up to the wallpaper moderators if it will stay or not because they would be deciding if the quality or over-all appearance is passable. Anyhow, I see that it's your own work... so it's okay. :)

Signature Image
anime-fans-unitedtag-liciousanti-spammersuserpageskindesigns
Tagging: Visual novels, Gintama

MisaSasekage

MisaSasekage

War Queen

Okay, thank you very much! :~)

merged: 05-13-2010 ~ 07:41am
Is it okay to have uploaded this wallpaper? I have checked to make sure it is not a duplicate and I put a lot of work into it.
Descent Into Darkness by MisaSasekage
Descent Into Darkness by MisaSasekage

kuroimisa

Retired Moderator

kuroimisa

Wizard of Darkness -under a rock

Just as a suggestion MisaSasekage, the Sandbox forum is for works that you haven't uploaded to the gallery yet.

It's okay that you're asking for advice on your works, but you're uploading the works BEFORE you're posting here, which doesn't make a lot of sense.

Usually members would upload their works to something like http://imageshack.us and show members first before uploading - make sure it's a sample (doesn't have to be full size and you can make your watermark as large as you want). If you do it that way, members are more inclined to download it to have a look and help as it doesn't cost credits to download, and you don't have to be frustrated when something is deleted, since we can give you advice before you upload it.

Anyway, nice to see you using the Sandbox, but just a reminder for you if you would like to consider that in the future ;)

Signature
Misa|Virtuoso and Legend of W.A.R - UA|Most coordinated Legion of W.A.R
MINITOKYO-WIDE KNOCKOUT WALLING COMP: LAUNCHES MARCH 2010. ONE WINNER. ONE PRIZE.
ADD ME TO YOUR FRIENDS <3

MisaSasekage

MisaSasekage

War Queen

Okay. Thanks for the advice. I'll keep that in mind for next time.

merged: 05-13-2010 ~ 02:49pm
But is it okay to have up?

kuroimisa

Retired Moderator

kuroimisa

I've looked at your wallpaper in full, and yes, there are no problems with "Descent into Darkness". The colours work nicely and there's a nice composition to it with good text placement.

One thing to take into account in the future is that the scan looks a tad bit blurry and there's a bit of jaggedness in the extraction along the shoulder on the left hand side as well as the hair (it looks wobbly). I personally still think it's okay, and I would like to see it stay.

In the future though, you will have to learn how to extract without the eraser or magic wand though ;) The benefits will stay with you on the long term.

Hope that has helped :)

Signature
MINITOKYO-WIDE KNOCKOUT WALLING COMP: LAUNCHES MARCH 2010. ONE WINNER. ONE PRIZE.

MisaSasekage

MisaSasekage

War Queen

So it can stay up?

kuroimisa

Retired Moderator

kuroimisa

Well as long as a moderator isn't deleting it, I don't see why not.

Signature

MisaSasekage

MisaSasekage

War Queen

How would you suggest I go about fixing those 'problems'?

kuroimisa

Retired Moderator

kuroimisa

Well it's hard to say not knowing exactly what your original scan looks like, but generally you should never size up, always size down (this keeps the quality good). Never apply any filters by too much (eg. I wouldn't blur a scan by more than Gaussian blur of maybe 1 pixel, I'd always less < 1 pixel) - as for the extraction, you'll just need to find a good tutorial. I can't find any ones on the net that come to mind, but you can check out Youtube or look at these ones, which I made:

http://members.mpx.com.au/kuroimisa/pentool.jpg
http://members.mpx.com.au/kuroimisa/pentool2.jpg
http://members.mpx.com.au/kuroimisa/pentool4.jpg

I think your wallpaper should be fine - but extraction should be a key issue to look at for your future works. If you are super determined you could extract the scan beyond what it is (ie. make the edges smooth and sharp - duplicate the layer, and blur or feather the layer on the bottom so the edges aren't too pokey) and update that wall in the wallpaper options. Otherwise, practice and develop those skills for next time. I'm not planning to delete it, and I hope the other mods won't either.

Signature

MisaSasekage

MisaSasekage

War Queen

How many layers do you think I should feather by, and you just mean the parts that look weird?

merged: 05-13-2010 ~ 04:37pm
Go here and tell me if it looks any different to you. I noticed a difference. What do you think?
http://s984.photobucket.com/albums/ae327/MisaKuran/?action=view&current=Kyou.jpg

merged: 05-13-2010 ~ 05:00pm
This is the right link: http://s984.photobucket.com/albums/ae327/MisaKuran/?action=view&current=Kyou2copy.jpg

kuroimisa

Retired Moderator

kuroimisa

Usually when you feather something you feather the entire outline of the scan by maybe about 5px. You do this by selecting the outside of the scan, select inverse, and then right click (while in magic wand > feather). This is just for the bottom layer. You may do it for 2 or more depending on the scan and the effect you want. There is no magic number.

Signature

MisaSasekage

MisaSasekage

War Queen

Is it a big deal? The only reason why I keep bothering you about this wall is because I really don't want this to get deleted.

merged: 05-14-2010 ~ 05:58am
From your standpoint as a moderator would this be acceptable as a wallpaper?

merged: 05-14-2010 ~ 06:36am
What I mean is do I need to upload the image I made the changes to or just leave the one I have submitted on the site?

merged: 05-16-2010 ~ 07:30am
Can I upload this wall?
http://s984.photobucket.com/albums/ae327/MisaKuran/?action=view&current=TheApocalypse.jpg

kuroimisa

Retired Moderator

kuroimisa

Well the thing is, I'm not the only wallpaper moderator and I can't really give you a solid yes/ no it will/will not be deleted. From my standpoint, I don't really see anything REALLY wrong with the wallpaper. I've seen your modified version and I can't really tell the difference between the modified version and the one that's currently in the gallery. If you put them side by side and look at them, you'd probably agree that they don't look all too different at all. Overall, I think you should stop being paranoid. Deletion isn't the end of the world, and in this case, it looks more positive than negative, so just forget about it and enjoy it while it's up and stays up.

I've given you feedback on the new wall via PM.

Signature

page 1 of 1 16 total items

Back to The Sandbox | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.