Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Deletion of The Lost World - Minitokyo

Deletion of The Lost World

Tagged under Canaan

page 1 of 1 6 total items

MisaSasekage

MisaSasekage

War Queen

The wallpaper you have submitted 'The Lost World' was removed' was the message I was sent today.

Quote: Quote: -
- It was a low-effort wallpaper.
- It was an alternate version of an existing wallpaper. Please only upload one version of a wallpaper. If you wish to display alternate versions, you may post an off site link.
- It did not feature an anime-style image.

Minitokyo only accepts wallpapers that meet certain standards of quality.

I worked very hard on that wallpaper; it took me over three hours to create. It took me two hours alone just to get Alphard herself looking the way I wanted. The background took me about two and a half hours more to do because I wanted to take my time to make sure it looked good. It's not like I just did this in an hour and just said 'oh well, this is good enough', because I can assure you I'm NOT that kind of person and that's NOT what I did when creating this wallpaper. But you can't get everything perfect...and trust me I would know a lot about that. I'm a serious perfectionist, so if I didn't think it was up to par with the quality here I wouldn't have taken the time to check to make sure it wasn't an existing wallpaper, started a thread concerning the wallpaper itself, then after getting feedback from the moderator on the forum saying it was okay for submission and current members of the minitokyo community I DEFINITELY wouldn't have submitted it just to have someone figuratively, spit in the face of my work and basically, how I felt about the message I received, spit in my face and tell me my work's not good enough and that I put little or no effort at all into making said piece of work; and by that I mean the moderator telling me that my submission was a low-effort wallpaper. And I REALLY don't appreciate it at all. I don't mean to sound mad, but I am very upset. I've been a contributing member of this website since I joined around two years ago. I didn't upload things right away because I was afraid that my hard work would be rejected because I'm not 'good enough', which is exactly what is happening right now, but I did leave comments (constructive criticism) on A LOT of other members artwork; telling them what I liked/disliked about their work and what should or could be changed; if there is anything to change at all in my opinion, to make it a much better piece of artwork for both the creator and the other members. I wanted to be a contributing member of the Minitokyo community and that's why I recently started submitting artwork. I understand that this website is on some level about quality; and I get and respect that, but I REALLY hope that one subject of quality is not all this website is about. Because if that IS the case then in a certain way I'm sorry I submitted anything at all and made a moderator 'waste their time' to look at my poorly made wallpaper, since apparently that is what was thought about the wallpaper I submitted. Also instead of sending these messages to people, you should tell them what to do to make it better and give them resources so that they can improve their work and resubmit it, instead of JUST giving them reasons; and some very offensive reasons at that, why their art was deleted. And another thing is even if you go over your work and make 'corrections' after all that, you still are left with a pretty high probability that you won't be able to re-submit your art. I tried to resubmit art that was deleted using the same title because I felt the title really fit the mood/the feeling I was trying to convey in my wall and that the overall quality of the wall was good, but I could not because it already existed. Now how could it already exist on the site if it was taken down by a moderator? Maybe I just don't understand the way that works and if I am wrong in my thought process, then I would really appreciate someone explaining that to me in a humane way, not someone trying to be a jerk about it. Because the message that was typed up and sent to me made me feel very offended telling me that my artwork was of 'low effort' when I know that wasn't the case because of the time I invested in it. And it wasn't just the message itself, it was the overall way they gave me this information. I tried, I really put thought into making that wallpaper, I thought it looked good enough to be here and many members here felt the same way because I had over 15 favorites/downloads on this particular wall. So with that said I hope you read this, and I mean REALLY read this message to get what I am saying and I hope you send me some kind of feedback so that we can have an open line of communication about this and hopefully get my wallpaper revived and back on the site for everyone to enjoy because in the end that's what this site is about. Ultimately, it is people/the members who choose what to download and what not to.

Thank You,
MisaSasekage

kuroimisa

Retired Moderator

kuroimisa

Wizard of Darkness -under a rock

MisaSaseKage

Please read the bottom of the PM. You missed my message.

This is why when I wrote on your Sandbox thread to post it up for review before you upload it to Minitokyo.

You've taken the most generic list out of the automated message instead of looking at my personalised response.

Please have a read of the PM again and my personal message, which might have cleared up some issues. It was constructive and pointed out exactly what needed to be improved.

Post back here when you do read it - possibly you would have calmed down by then. If it's not there, still post back and I'll write exactly why it was removed.

PS: Your general post also makes me suspect you need to review the Policy again http://support.minitokyo.net/policy
Unfortunately we do have gallery guidelines, and we go by them. We all understand that everyone wants to share their work, but the Policy sets the benchmark which we have to apply and comply.

Signature
Misa|Virtuoso and Legend of W.A.R - UA|Most coordinated Legion of W.A.R
MINITOKYO-WIDE KNOCKOUT WALLING COMP: LAUNCHES MARCH 2010. ONE WINNER. ONE PRIZE.
ADD ME TO YOUR FRIENDS <3

MisaSasekage

MisaSasekage

War Queen

I DON'T HAVE A PM from you.

merged: 05-13-2010 ~ 02:53pm
Sorry accidentally turned on CAPS lock

kuroimisa

Retired Moderator

kuroimisa

PM meaning the deletion PM which you did not quote the full PM of - check the bottom please ;)

Signature
MINITOKYO-WIDE KNOCKOUT WALLING COMP: LAUNCHES MARCH 2010. ONE WINNER. ONE PRIZE.

MisaSasekage

MisaSasekage

War Queen

I don't have it

kuroimisa

Retired Moderator

kuroimisa

Sigh - well I have no idea what's going on then. Your deletion PM should have had some extra text on the bottom with what I wrote.

But anyway, it was mostly to do with extraction - from memory the shoulder on the right was very wobbly and had a bit of shoulder missing. The background stock photo wasn't integrated with the scan either and they didn't mesh too well. Stock photos are generally too realistic for anime characters and are tricky because they're different scale and colour scheme to the scan. I mentioned that there could have been better attention to detail, in particular to the lighting of the stock photo - if the scan and the background was integrated, the outline/ back of her body would be slightly warmer orange, and the part of her body facing towards us would be darker in nature.

To give you an example:
La Faucheuse ????? by ala21ddin21
La Faucheuse ????? by ala21ddin21

Though this isn't perfect (scale of the columns is definitely wrong and should be much taller), the colours and the lighting is consistent. The scale's kinda off but it's still okay.

I hope this has explained why your wallpaper was removed. Next time if you ever get a deletion PM, be sure to read through everything - but most importantly, scroll to the bottom and see if something's there or not. I find it very peculiar there wasn't anything at the bottom, unless you meant that you deleted the PM.

Signature

page 1 of 1 6 total items

Back to Deletion Appeals | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.