Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Doubt about the sites you cannot upload from. - Minitokyo

Doubt about the sites you cannot upload from.

page 1 of 1 3 total items

Well, I read the FAQ and all, but I am not sure if I totally get it after I saw some very similar scans here and there.

I will put an example here, and I am not saying it is right or wrong, it is just to clarify:

http://www.dokuganryu.com/scans/basara/basara/54.jpg

armed girl

I see we have a scan that has been arround for five years, of course it has some differences from the one in Dokuganryu's site, but basically, what I see is the same image, the same art. Does this means that if we find the same scans that are on one of the forbidden sites in the list posted elsewhere, we can post them here too? Or only if they differ in size, quality, and a little bit of content? Or this is wrong and should be deleted long ago? Can someone explain it, please? @.@

Signature

Tama-Neko

Tama-Neko

Invisible

You cannot take scans directly from the sites mentioned and post them on Minitokyo. This is because folks from those sites usually buy books, magazines and other media, scan in the images themselves and post them, and don't want others taking them. This does not prevent somebody else from buying the same artbook, scanning in the image, and posting them to Minitokyo.
The sites mentioned do not own the content of the image itself, but they have put a lot of effort in scanning/providing the images to the internet (and often spend a lot of money on media in the process), and ask that our members do not rip off that work.

I think I got the point now. The problem is not the content itself, but copying the scans that they have posted on those sites, isn't it? This means that if the person owns the artwork, by buying, scanning or whatever, then he/she can post here with no problems. Thank you very much for taking the time to answer my question, you were very kind ^.^

Signature

page 1 of 1 3 total items

Back to Minitokyo Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.