Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 THEwaller: issue no. 4 // + New Admin - Minitokyo

THEwaller: issue no. 4 // + New Admin

Group announcement by Vector-Wallers

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 33 total items

vitaamin

vitaamin

DUKE 2010 NCAA CHAMPS!

Firstly, I would like to welcome our new Gallery Admin: Nysha
Since we have been really bogged down with updating highlights, she will now be taking care of them and it's great to have her on board! Please give your welcomes to an awesome friend + waller.

------

http://www.myrrhlynn.net/distantdestiny/Projects/VW/images/4.jpg

Letter from the Editor // Musings of the Musically-Inspired
written by vitaamin

Despite the pitifully long delay, Issue No. 4 promises to be a treat, with voices that I have long wanted to include. I am extremely pleased with the number of applications in recent months, which certainly marks the beginning of THEwaller becoming the publication I originally envisioned. As such, new positions on the editing side will also be opening, so please PM me if you think you will have time,... »Read More.

Inspirationisms // Journal // kpoptastic
YG Entertainment had produced some of the most talented and well-received KPOP legends. aqi takes inspiration from two of their latest hits.
written by aqiaqua

YG Entertainment has trained, groomed and produced K-Pop legends such as SE7EN, Big Bang, and their female counterpart, 2NE1. These artists are known for their R&B and Hip Hop music and from them, we have seen many unique music videos representative of the pop-culture in Korea today: energetic, edgy, and refreshing. Why not borrow some of that creativity and carry it over to walling? The Romanticized... »Read More.

Inspirationisms // Beats + Funk
Follow as the man behind countless inspired-designs reflects on how music shaped his now iconic style.
written by AssasinXXX

Before I discovered walling, reading and music were my only forms of escape. So it isn't really surprising that most of my walls are inspired by music. When I first started, that wasn’t the case -- I didn't recognize the power of music as a source of inspiration. But as I developed my style, I began applying my love of music to my work and I have become a better waller as a result. Music can... »Read More.

Features // Not-So-Typical Typography
Un-typify your typography by understanding a few simple rules for infusing your next design with clean professionalism.
written by vitaamin

Deliberate, well-executed typography separates great designers from the average waller looking to fill up empty space. Whether text is the center of your wall or a minute detail, an understanding of typography as an art can mean the difference between the professional finish and the last minute addition that weighs your wall down. I will first break down some basics of typography, then I will... »Read More.

Screenshot // She's on Fire
Final fantasies comes alive in this Lineage II wall, carefully constructed with perspective lines and the whole she-bang!
written by damoser

Damo here, debuting a new section we like to call screenshot. The idea behind it is to get a view of the creative process of walling. As lazy wallers go, I procrastinate professionally, but the dearth of wallpapers in my gallery certainly does not represent a lack of ideas. Between anime and games, the Japanese have provided me with prolific inspiration which I have tapped into for this interpretation... »Read More.

Take Two // Sunset Girl
alenas remembers the trials and tribulations, the good and the bad, and the lessons she learned while standing on a stepping stone for her scenic creations.
written by alenas

The general idea was to recreate the atmosphere and breathtaking backdrop of a scene typical to animes. I strived to capture the serenity of the moment when a young school girl is headed home along a picturesque path. Haruna of To-Love-Ru fit the vision I had to a T and what could reflect her sunny personality better than a warm sunset? So I set myself to produce a wall that looked like it came straight... »Read More.

Waller Exposé // Five Years in the Making
Though barely sixteen, fellow staff writer aqiaqua is anything but a youngster in the walling community. vitaa documents five years of fangirl obsessions and walling escapades.
written by vitaamin

aqiaqua | Minitokyo After much difficulty coordinating things with timezones halfway across the world, I finally got the opportunity to fangirl with interview our youngest THEwaller staff member. Hailing from Sydney, Australia, aqi talks full of regional lingo which sound delightfully idiosyncratic to my American ears. Between chilling with her mates and stalking her favorite KPOP idol, she always... »Read More.

Announcements
Meme-ology -- Plug your most-frequented songs and favorite wallpapers.
Applications For Staff

Shining Artist | April 2010
Congratulate rizacaga as our newest Shining Artist.
Mirror mirror on the wall by rizacaga
Mirror mirror on the wall by rizacaga
»Read More

----

Meme-ology

http://THEwaller.vitaa-designs.net/images/4/memes/logo.jpg

Music has always played an instrumental part in my creative processes. Thus this week I wanted to honor some of the songs that have gotten me through rough patches, carried me over writer's block and breathed life into my every day.

The task is to match your favorite songs and your favorite walls (not your own). You can interpret this however you would like, I have put the lyrics as captions but you are not required to do this.

vitaamin

Rules
(1) Image must be 1200px wide and no more than 1500px high.
(2) Meme will be resized to 615px wide to post in the archives as preview format.
(3) Must include the above logo somewhere in your meme. It should be big enough as to be legible in the preview format.
(4) Must write your name in the logo.
(5) Must credit the original series or mangaka, the waller and the song title/artist.
(6) Submit to this thread. If you are at AP, you may PM your submission to vitaamin. Please post them in your journal :D. These are the only memes that will be uploaded to the archives.

Signature Image
vector-wallers tag-licious

srsn

srsn

anime marathon!

welcome yehey! nysha ^^v

Signature Image

Nysha

Nysha

Eye Candy Maker!

W00t! Glad to be on board! ^__^

Signature Image

Zettodono

Zettodono

Come feed the rain...

Welcome! Glad you on board!

Alenas

Retired Moderator

Alenas

Gone.

W00t, big bad admin Nysha! XD

Signature

lisz

lisz

DONG.

Yay, Nysha >D
Gratz!

Kritty

Tagger, Scanner

Kritty

[ S H O C K A D E L I C A ]

Nice to see you in staff Nysha :D
http://i.imagehost.org/0109/meme.jpg

tag-licious
Help keep MT organized <3
I'll give you cookies :3

Tina18

Tina18

The view of these stars

Congratulations Nysha :D

*runs to read*

Rizacaga: Tina, Tina tell Sungmin to get Kyu's pants for me pleaseee.
My milkshake brings Saber to my bathtub.

Me enjoyed this meme-ology so much *__*

http://img641.imageshack.us/img641/4385/memel.jpg

Signature Image

Alenas

Retired Moderator

Alenas

Gone.

Here's my rather colorful version...maybe because all the walls in there are moody and gloomy... XD

http://img535.imageshack.us/img535/8013/twmusicsmall.jpg

Signature

sjade1

sjade1

theJADEDnetwork.com

Oh man..I'm gonna have to try this meme XD looks fun!

And congrats Nysha! :D

Fran

Retired Moderator, Tagger, Linguistics

Fran

better than your faves tbh

http://img256.imageshack.us/img256/4609/memep.jpg
This was SUPER fun 8d!

Welcome aboard, Nysha! :D

Signature ImageLatest submission: Trouble Makers
tag-liciousvector-wallers
Lol omg, click on quote in guestbook instead of spamming your own stuff, SMH

aqiaqua

aqiaqua

last men standing!

I spent waaay too much time on this...

http://i46.tinypic.com/jv6vkn.jpg

lawl 3 suju songs. i'm a sad little fangirl. there's heaps of retro walls i put in, from my era on MT (circa 2005-2007) xDDD

Signature Image
min min for the win :D

vitaamin

vitaamin

DUKE 2010 NCAA CHAMPS!

lol aqi you just like that lyric from boom boom because sungmin sings it

Signature Image

aqiaqua

aqiaqua

last men standing!

Quote by vitaaminlol aqi you just like that lyric from boom boom because sungmin sings it

how did you know that? I thought it wasn't that obvious ;_____________;

Signature Image
min min for the win :D

vitaamin

vitaamin

DUKE 2010 NCAA CHAMPS!

lol i just know these things aqi =]

Signature Image

Nysha

Nysha

Eye Candy Maker!

Whee, thanks everyone! X3 Omg most of my fav songs are either Japanese or instrumental. Buahaha. Gonna have to search my playlist harder.

Signature Image

vitaamin

vitaamin

DUKE 2010 NCAA CHAMPS!

i know, aqi cheated by translating the lyrics D:
my most played song which was played twice as much as my second most played song (lol!) is crawl by veltpunch

Signature Image

Tina18

Tina18

The view of these stars

pfft I'm trying to finish mine since the weekend .__.

Fran

Retired Moderator, Tagger, Linguistics

Fran

better than your faves tbh

I corrected mine 8)

Signature ImageLatest submission: Trouble Makers
tag-liciousvector-wallers
Lol omg, click on quote in guestbook instead of spamming your own stuff, SMH

Tina18

Tina18

The view of these stars

I wish I had space for more. Surprisingly this took me a looong time ._.

http://img683.imageshack.us/img683/83/mememay.th.jpg

vitaamin

vitaamin

DUKE 2010 NCAA CHAMPS!

@tina, you can always extend vertically :D

Signature Image

jns

jns

Fabulous MAX!

http://img683.imageshack.us/img683/142/thumbbj.jpg

God.. this took me forever to finish!
It's really hard to choose just 6 songs I love

And welcome Nysha~

Signature Image

Kurorisa

Kurorisa

Zero Squadron

this took a long time >_>

http://img23.imageshack.us/img23/5769/playthefavslist.th.jpg

Signature Image

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 33 total items

Back to Group Announcements | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.