Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Work from Pixiv no longer allowed - Minitokyo

Work from Pixiv no longer allowed

Tagged under Pixiv

This thread is pinned.

page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 Next » 112 total items

fireflywishes

Retired Moderator, Linguistics

fireflywishes

Calgon, take me away~!

For those of you who may be unaware, there has been an on-going debate about whether artwork from the Pixiv website should be allowed on Minitokyo. Earlier this week, Minitokyo and Pixiv reached an agreement to remove all non-published Pixiv art from Minitokyo. Please understand that this was a joint agreement made by the Staff of both sites and will not be reversed.

+So, what does this mean for YOU?+

Well, besides a loss of some amazing "scans", nothing else. For uploaders, this means a massive purge of almost all Pixiv artwork from the gallery.

Wallers, take note that this will not only affect the scan gallery, but wallpapers featuring Pixiv artwork will be deleted as well.

Members, it would be greatly appreciated if you could help us by reporting any Pixiv artwork we may have missed. There is a lot of Pixiv artwork that was tagged incorrectly that is still floating around the galleries.

Thanks again for understanding!

!Edit:

Quote by kayurachan
On a side note, I'd like to add we decided to allow only scanned material in "Scans" gallery. Official wallpapers (be it for games, or animes) and Game CG rips (Visual Novel rips are allowed too) will still be allowed.
It will take some time until we'll purge everything, and we could make some mistakes too. Staff will highly appreciate if you would report Pixiv content (with original Pixiv link, if possible) and, of course, mistaken deletions.
Thank you MTers :)

Quote by MapleRose
Regarding wallpapers with pixiv art, you can only post it if you have the original artist's permission to use their art in your wallpaper. Please note that if you don't get an answer from the artist, it's equivalent of a "no"!

If you have obtained their permission, it's common courtesy to credit the original artist in your signature, and please say so in the description (with a link to the original art that you've used)

(Posted at the request of Sheqel)

Signature Image

shavo002

I suport Cosplay

and there will be no way for us minitokyans to get our hands in those scans unless we travel arround the world to buy the magazine?

Roshi of the Funk. ('_'

It means I can not read Japanese ( Page pixiv shows squares ).

shavo002

I suport Cosplay

takin such great art removed is a bad move, only those with no direct credit or authorization should be erased, not the full work.

Roshi of the Funk. ('_'

fireflywishes

Retired Moderator, Linguistics

fireflywishes

Calgon, take me away~!

@shavo: Like I said before, it was an agreement between the two sites. If you read their Policy it says not to redistribute their scans elsewhere... this includes American sites like Minitokyo.

Signature Image

RafaDX

RafaDX

Nulla é Reale. Tutto é Lecito

._.''' damn, that just cut my legs, a lot of images will be gone, Vocaloid gallery will simple disappear, i don't know what's going to happen to me after this post but i can still think that was the wrong decision - - if they submit her art they need to be prepared to see him spread all around the world, after all Internet is a huge space, i think if they did fanart the only person who have the right to come and say 'hey, remove that right now' is the author of manga/anime that they make the fanart, i think that is the copyright law, think whatever you wish for me, but i'm still think that MT was wrong to give up so easily of the content, after all, what pixiv lost? Nothing, is just promotion for them, and MT lost a lot of things with this, i really think Sheq and others should put more resistence - - not just drop the towel, i feel so disappointed, i don't care about warnings now, i just want to make this post and see him in the forum, because is my opinion, don't want to offend anyone, but is a real sad/angry situation to see all of this end like that - -

If they don't want the art promoted elsewhere, keep to yourself and don't share - - argh, more i remenber, more i write, more anger come, i will end this in that line.

Signature
Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

No use complaining now. It's already been decided and already been debated. Sure MT will lose a lot of its art and people will have go get scans from somewhere else but you know what? It's the way it goes. If pixiv doesn't want THEIR art on MT then it's THEIR right to ban it here. Even if they don't "lose" anything by allowing it to be uploaded on MT, it's still like uploadig a wallpaper that you haven't made. Same concept. People will just have to suck it up I guess and get credits off their own work and look harder for scans, etc.

Dioma

Dioma

F*** off

Finally.

Why do you say 'scans'? Those images were not scanned :s

jese-mx

jese-mx

JeSe-MX

In my opinion, was a wise and good decision.

Pixiv is a site where users upload their work, as in DA (deviantart)
These are works created by fans and cartoonists experts, not a site is as MT scans.

Many will regret not seeing more pixiv art.
But the agreement is "not to expose Pixiv works in MT," but still can visit pixiv to see their work.

I write more, but I do not want to misunderstand because the "online translator" does not translate well into English.

Simply:
I think a good decision, to maintain respect among Pixiv & MT.
---------
En mi opini

Quote by DiomaFinally.

Why do you say 'scans'? Those images were not scanned :s

THIS.

I'm happy to hear that pixiv art will be removed! Because they were not scans and I was tired of seeing so much non-official art cluttering up the scans section. Now I can more easily find the stuff I actually want. Besides, if people want pixiv art that bad, just google a way to create an account there. It's really not that hard to find instructions in English on how to do that.

ala21ddin21

ala21ddin21

Aladdin

Finally, only official scans on MT !

Signature

Tens

Tens

Gradient Abuser

Wise decision tbh.

Whenever I see pixiv art here. I see it the same as uploading other people's wallpapers on other sites. I also didn't see them as 'scans' since they arn't actually scanned. That's just silly lol.

xx-ataraxia

xx-ataraxia

Neuko Nougami

While I did enjoy looking at the "scans" from Pixiv every now and then (because most of them are truly stunning), it really was beginning to get on my nerves that FANART was repeatedly being posted instead of the thing the sections are made for.

To everyone involved, good call. :D

chrisp

chrisp

~You gotta love me~

Omg, NO PIXIV SCANS ANYMORE?...I'm so happy...*dances*
Really I think they are so annoying, so annoying. Because they increased so fast, that now it kills the fun to search for originals. Great dicission MT staff!
I will make sure to help and clean the gallery. *high spirits*
And yes, they are not scanned, so no scans at all, so they don't belong in the scan agllery, it's like you're ripping Indy Art.
And for those out there who can't live without pixiv, go get an account. Yes, I did too and if I find something I like I save it for myself. Just try it guys...xD
Ah and there is even a way to get some things of pixiv translated into english. ^^ (I mean like for ever, not using online translator)

Signature
chamber-of-kingskatekyo-hitman-rebornvectoryvector-wallerstag-liciousretro-studiomy-maiden

koroyami

koroyami

Some Things You Never Forget . .

thats gonna change a lot .. but i guess its for the best

Stay Where You Belong . . In My Memories . .

Valuna

Retired Moderator

Valuna

Naughty Artist

This will make things a lot better *points to DRRR section* *cough*

Wallers, take note that this will not only affect the scan gallery, but wallpapers featuring Pixiv artwork will be deleted as well.
This is a bit less though but understandable xD

These beautiful, fragile days are reborn, unfaded
Signature

akiranyo

akiranyo

Astraea Kisaragi

Finally. I always wondered why it was allowed to begin with. AnimePaper never allowed it, so will be much easier who tend to submit both here on MT and there as well.

Since I write satires, my whole life is one huge inspiration. (Horatius)
Signature

Emeralis

Emeralis

Self proclaimed Sugar Monster

I say it's about time! I feel sorry for people whose amazing work is ripped and most of the time their link to more of their work isn't even posted which is worse. We wouldn't for people over at Deviant Art so I think it's fair that artists of Pixiv's work is protected too.

Signature

kayurachan

Retired Moderator

kayurachan

Mado&Fen are my Gods.

Thanx, firefly =)

On a side note, I'd like to add we decided to allow only scanned material in "Scans" gallery. Official wallpapers (be it for games, or animes) and Game CG rips (Visual Novel rips are allowed too) will still be allowed.
It will take some time until we'll purge everything, and we could make some mistakes too. Staff will highly appreciate if you would report Pixiv content (with original Pixiv link, if possible) and, of course, mistaken deletions.
Thank you MTers :)

Signature
!Death to J-Rock scans! >.<
What is Kayurachan doing? Just see it on my userpage :3
Sheq says: XD one sec, eating an egg XP

Alenas

Retired Moderator

Alenas

Gone.

I'm kind of sad there will be no more Pixiv art around here but as everyone had already pointed out, you can admire that stuff on Pixiv's site (and it's really not that hard to make an account there with some tutorials and google translator) and they weren't really 'scans' to begin with. This will certainly make things a lot easier for wallers because there will be only official art; walling fanarts without permission of the artist would really be like walling something from DA.... All in all, I'd say it's a good decision. :)

Signature

well,because many people agree that Pixiv should be removed right?

YukariSendou

YukariSendou

New World to Begin

umm...are there any conflict between mt and pixiv?

"uruchai....uruchai....uruchai....uruchaaai...."Signature Image

maybe,based on the comment that everyone post you`ll understand

z827

z827

UnholyDarknessZ

Hmm...Anyone would get annoyed if their work was stolen , I suppose the uploaders didn't give credit to whom ever they took the work from? Perhaps a love-hate situation , I don't really care if the images are an imitation and not the original of this site as long as it's good but it'll ease off the conflict I suppose.

page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 Next » 112 total items

Back to News | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.