Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Work from Pixiv no longer allowed - Minitokyo

Work from Pixiv no longer allowed

Tagged under Pixiv

This thread is pinned.

page 3 of 5 « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next » 112 total items

LZC

LZC

Mass of Contradictions

Uhh, what about when it's an actual scan from a physical book? Well, I think it is? Like:

Nobita#404306

where the original artist is accredited as well. No reason to take away scans like this, right? Since it's not the extremely-volatile "online-r1pp1ng"-type of submission...

crmc13

crmc13

FEARLESS ?

oh. it's better <3
i'll felt bad too if your work is being posted but your not credited at all.
great decision MT & Pivix <3

Signature

Moondoggie

Moondoggie

[procrastinator]

good to hear it.

no soul to sell... sorry.

kayurachan

Retired Moderator

kayurachan

Mado&Fen are my Gods.

@LZC: scans from Pixiv artbooks will still be allowed. We're just purging digital content off galleries.

Quote by bloorelol guys, just lol

What's the meaning of this, bloore?

Signature
!Death to J-Rock scans! >.<
What is Kayurachan doing? Just see it on my userpage :3
Sheq says: XD one sec, eating an egg XP

Fran

Retired Moderator, Tagger, Linguistics

Fran

better than your faves tbh

Yayyy, finally 8)

Signature ImageLatest submission: Trouble Makers
tag-liciousvector-wallers
Lol omg, click on quote in guestbook instead of spamming your own stuff, SMH

MapleRose

Retired Moderator

MapleRose

likes rainbows :D

regarding wallpapers with pixiv art, you can only post it if you have the original artist's permission to use their art in your wallpaper. Please note that if you don't get an answer from the artist, it's equivalent of a "no"!

If you have obtained their permission, it's common courtesy to credit the original artist in your signature, and please say so in the description (with a link to the original art that you've used)

Oriya

Oriya

example@www.com

Quote by DiomaFinally.

Why do you say 'scans'? Those images were not scanned :s

Second that. I hope now MT galleries will be high end scans side yet again.

Signature

nicado

JuguerANX Messenger

OH men!... Well the one and only thing that i regret its that a lot of the scans that ive upload to MT T_T.
Well it cant be helped, right?.

And by the way fot those people who dont known japanese or things like that there are other pages that upload Things from pixiv. I will not say which pages. Thats all.

PS. Sorry for my awful english

Signature
	Imagehttp://static.minitokyo.net/sigs/nicado.gif

ArtificialRaindrop

ArtificialRaindrop

We're All Mad Here.

Honestly, I don't think anyone should ever submit something they haven't personally scanned themselves. Too often people submit fanart as scans that they have no idea where it originally came from, and it simply makes a mess of the site. If you own the book it came from, you eliminate the problem. In my opinion, "Not My Scan" should never be allowed if the person cannot cite where the work came from.

People also don't consider how this affects everyone; you may get your "scan" deleted, but as we now can see it can end up hurting the wallers/vectorers as well.

And as for the people saying that if your art is on the web you should expect it to be stolen: GROW UP. Stop making lazy excuses to avoid taking responsibility. Your reasoning is as ridiculous as saying if your money is in the bank, you should expect it to get robbed; or your car was on the street, therefor you shouldn't get upset if someone steals it. Yes, there are art thieves preying on digital artists across the web, but that DOES NOT make it okay to steal people's art work.

Signature ImageYou can't live without the fire, it's the heat that makes you strong ~ Within Temptation, "Iron"
KHDownloads <-- Butterfly Chaser referred!

AniFre101

AniFre101

waits patiently

I'm really happy. I've been seeing Pixiv artwork all over the place that I find it ridiculous =/ Plus, Pixiv artwork aren't paid artwork or distributed by companies, so they're considered stolen without permission.

Hachiko

Hachiko

The Akita on MiniTokyo

This is a very good move. Props to you mod/admin lot and the Sheqster for breaking out the mops and cleaning up the mess. Cheers.

Signature
To the brave otaku and MiniTokyo faithful, nothing is without moe.

I understand you?and I suppose you??Good job???

Late for this, but meh.

I can only say it's about time. Finally.

Those pixiv pictures are FANARTS not SCANS, it's not supposed to be here in the first place. =w=

I'm just glad now I can browse Hakuouki category without being swarmed by 100 pixiv fanarts. <3

I cannot understand why wallpapers featuring pixiv artwork are banned as well, as long as they give proper credits (provide link) to the original artwork.

Hmm...Anyone would get annoyed if their work was stolen , I suppose the uploaders didn't give credit to whom ever they took the work from? Perhaps a love-hate situation , I don't really care if the images are an imitation and not the original of this site as long as it's good but it'll ease off the conflict I suppose.

@ArtificialRaindrop:
Is that third part of your comment of yours directed towards me? Because I think it is a little bit rude.

Quote by ArtificialRaindrop
And as for the people saying that if your art is on the web you should expect it to be stolen: GROW UP. Stop making lazy excuses to avoid taking responsibility. Your reasoning is as ridiculous as saying if your money is in the bank, you should expect it to get robbed; or your car was on the street, therefor you shouldn't get upset if someone steals it. Yes, there are art thieves preying on digital artists across the web, but that DOES NOT make it okay to steal people's art work.

Just for all members to know, scanning is a primary way to violate copyrights in most countries. The fact that you buy the artbook, does not mean that you can scan it and post it wherever you want and claim the scan is yours. Unless it is written there on the copyright notes, but most works I see usually adverts that you can only make personal use of them, and cannot redistribute, or display publically and the list goes on and on... Maybe we all should read a bit about our rights and the laws before starting making noise about these things.

According to our pal ArtificialRaindrop are we all thieves here at Minitokyo? I don’t think so.

Signature

MapleRose

Retired Moderator

MapleRose

likes rainbows :D

@Orchid: yes technically scanners didn't draw the artbooks and it could be considered copyright infringement. But my personal view is that if it's published, then they're making money from it.

But the issue here isn't just copyright or stealing fanart, but pixiv have asked us not to post art from their site, and we're going to respect their wishes. End of story.

@TamataruKo: wallpapers featuring pixiv art is only allowed if you have permission from the artist. Because they have asked us not to redistribute their art, making a wallpaper from it is kind of redistributing it.

ArtificialRaindrop

ArtificialRaindrop

We're All Mad Here.

@Orchid: No, actually, it had nothing at all to do with you.

Quote: Just for all members to know, scanning is a primary way to violate copyrights in most countries. The fact that you buy the artbook, does not mean that you can scan it and post it wherever you want and claim the scan is yours. Unless it is written there on the copyright notes, but most works I see usually adverts that you can only make personal use of them, and cannot redistribute, or display publically and the list goes on and on... Maybe we all should read a bit about our rights and the laws before starting making noise about these things.

According to our pal ArtificialRaindrop are we all thieves here at Minitokyo? I don’t think so.

Instead you respond rudely based on an assumption that I was talking to you? And then based on your assumption, you put words in my mouth and take what I wrote out of context. My response had nothing to do with yours, and I'm honestly surprised that you thought it was given what you did write. Your response in no way contradicted what I mentioned, and I honestly thought it was something everyone should read. What I was referring to was this basic attitude, though still not necessarily this comment:

Quote: If they don't want their works be stolen, then do not upload it.

While this in inherently true, the only way to truly protect your work is in to keep it offline- that by no means justifies art theft. Maybe the person who made the comment didn't mean it like that, but far too often people use this as an excuse to brush it off and blame the victim.

MapleRose pretty much summarizes my view on it as well:

Quote: @Orchid: yes technically scanners didn't draw the artbooks and it could be considered copyright infringement. But my personal view is that if it's published, then they're making money from it.

But the issue here isn't just copyright or stealing fanart, but pixiv have asked us not to post art from their site, and we're going to respect their wishes. End of story.

While I understand your point about it still technically copyright infringement, my point of scanning isn't to say that you own the book as an artist; it's to limit the mayhem caused by situations such as this and it forces all of us to take responsibility for what we are posting. It's too easy for people to throw things that they found off of the web on the site and simply put "not my scan" without giving credit to the original artist. I never once called the people here thieves, those are your words alone, Orchid.

Signature ImageYou can't live without the fire, it's the heat that makes you strong ~ Within Temptation, "Iron"
KHDownloads <-- Butterfly Chaser referred!

@ MapleRose I got it, and I respect the MT team decision, and I just expressed my point of view about that in the first post I made. Sorry if I did not express myself correctly and lead you to think I do not agree or do not understand the staff decision. I am not a native English speaker so I should have said something wrong. What I really wanted to say is that there is no difference on self-scanning, or posting here something other person scanned, they are both the same law infringement, I don’t understand why some Minitokyans always bring this subject up.

I replied again here after seeing @ArtificialRaindrop post, because I thought it was rude he or she saying “GROW UP” and that “my reasoning is ridiculous” was a little bit unnecessary. And if it is not directed towards me, then it is a huge coincidence, because is very similar to what I former said in the first post. I do not offend members here and expect the same of them. Although I was not called a thief myself in this pixiv matter, I was offended to see many of our members called this way during the times of discussion.

I am not trying to argue or to change your minds about your decision, I respect that. I will not post pixiv material here, or other material that is not allowed. Sorry to make you even think I was supposed to do so.

Please let me know if it is against the police replying more than once in such topics, or expressing our point of view at all about this kind of subject. As this is a forum/community, I thought it was allowed. Feel free to correct me if I am wrong.

If it is not allowed, then I shall say no more.

Signature

I will be happy to help the minitokyo staff if I noticed a pixiv scans or wall, good luck guys

That's right z827.. I don't care about it too.. If they don't want their works be stolen, then do not upload it.

ASH-Hikari

ASH-Hikari

I miss you MT <3

Personally, I think this is the right thing to do. I've always thought that only actual "scans" should be submitted in the scan gallery.
As far as I know, the scan gallery is supposed to be like a resource for wallers etc., which is why there are certain standards (can't be too small, can't be covered in text, etc.). When fanart becomes a part of the scan gallery, people who don't realise that it's fanart will use it for things without crediting the artist, and it becomes a whole new problem...
I'm sure some will suffer (the Vocaloid section, as some mentioned), but overall I think it's the best thing to do. MT is not your run-of-the-mill imageboard where anything goes.
And now it will be so much easier for me to find actual scans within the scan gallery ^_^;

Quote by ArtificialRaindropAnd as for the people saying that if your art is on the web you should expect it to be stolen: GROW UP. Stop making lazy excuses to avoid taking responsibility. Your reasoning is as ridiculous as saying if your money is in the bank, you should expect it to get robbed; or your car was on the street, therefor you shouldn't get upset if someone steals it. Yes, there are art thieves preying on digital artists across the web, but that DOES NOT make it okay to steal people's art work.

Good point. Whenever I see one of my walls/vectors or even someone else's posted somewhere with the signature removed and I ask them to remove it or at least replace it with a version with the artist's signature, I get the "well you should expect it to be stolen" excuse. I think it's disrespectful. (And, I'm a little off topic now, sorry :P)
And that's just with walls/vectors. It's even worse when it comes to fanart.

Signature

In full honesty, I was hoping for this to happen because I find it rather absurd that people would freely upload artworks here from Pixiv for two reasons: (1) they upload it as 'scan' when in fact they are 'high-res' artworks instead, and (2) they do not have the artist's permission to upload the artwork here at Minitokyo. As I see it MT was being treated as a "Photobucket" from such act of mindlessly putting in "pictures" just because they are allowed. Also, as an artist it is sad that people would take the liberty of uploading an artwork when they never actually asked any permission for such. Providing 'credit' by linking to the original work apparently is not enough to provide justice to the artist.

Anyway, kudos to a good decision here MT! This is an improvement indeed~ :)

Hmm...Anyone would get annoyed if their work was stolen , I suppose the uploaders didn't give credit to whom ever they took the work from? Perhaps a love-hate situation , I don't really care if the images are an imitation and not the original of this site as long as it's good but it'll ease off the conflict I suppose.

page 3 of 5 « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next » 112 total items

Back to News | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.