Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Will a girl love a nerd? - Minitokyo

Will a girl love a nerd?

This thread is closed for posting.

page 2 of 4 « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next » 87 total items

You just need to find a girl that actually accepts you for your hobbies. Respect is needed in relationships, otherwise it won't work out, like you noticed before. And just like you said before, if you can play piano very well, use that to your full strength! You just need someone else who's sincere and I guess you'll find that person sooner or later, it's up to you and time.

Thanks again, my friends, especially Damanex, your words give me hope and strength, i will hold on to my beliefs and try to make things right.
Everytime i read this thread, smiles spread out on my face, i know that in this wide world, there are people who care about me! Like the old saying "Love is blind but friendship is clairvoyant"
Hug all of u! I'm much better now!

lol don't worry, when you're older, you'll get a good job, make good money, you won't have to worry about girls (I think). They'll come for you (though this mean they're after money... uh). But really, at least you're an otaku AND a nerd. You'll make a living someday unlike me, my future is pretty much uncertain. I kind of envy you ._. and yes about older women like smart guys a lot more.

don't worry much, I think in life it is very common for that to happen; you shouldn't use a failed relationship to gauge yourself as worthy enough of love. Everybody (almost, I'm not sure about serial killers :P) is worthy of love.

I always imagine if I were to get married to someone who has the same interest with me, it would be cool to play mmorpg together and help each other in the game hahaha. And to talk about mangas that we read... It'll be cool to be able to share these kind of thing.

Ardith

Ardith

white flame

I'm glad you're feeling better. I actually prefer a cute slightly nerdy guy... it kinda makes me wanna devour that innocence... And someone I can share my game/anime/manga hobbies with would be fun. ^-^

i think its possible to love a nerd, because i was once one, when i was in high school and now i am not (im 20 now so its been like 3 years since high skol) but im married to a US soldier and he is a nerd. i am a life lover and he just loves playing video games ALL the times. but in all honesty if you really love each other, you must put your things aside and do things together (bez as for me were going to be with each other for a while lol ) talking to each other is super important and understanding one another. you have to know how ur partner is bez if he or she like to go out ALOT then he or she is going to be pretty upset if you just stay inside all day. actions speak louder then words. and also BOTH partners have to love each other , not be in love. bez you can easaily fall out of lov. . .

hehehe awww that's so cute XD i'm glad you're doing better! :)

i kinda understand how you feel a bit. over a year ago, this guy broke up with me and he was my first love (but he broke up with me b/c of my personality, not my interests or appearance XD). i was naturally heartbroken but i was a new person afterwards. i turned that heartbreak/sad/negative energy into positive energy. i had a new view on life and new goals. i was always a B+ student in high school but once I entered college, i stayed focused in school and became a A+ student. love relationships are like accessories to me now...a boyfriend/gf is like that spiffy new necklace you wear to show off to the world and feel good about. i'm not looking/interested in a relationship but if i fall for someone again, i'll go for it. so far, that hasn't happened yet.

if you like that new girl, then by all means go for it! but if you have no 'real' feelings for her then...you can try getting to know her better first. but do not go out with her as a rebound! good luck, my wishes to you~ :D

chamber-of-kings katekyo-hitman-reborn wings-lovers

but sometimes nerd are kinda good also....at least he won't lie to the girl.....

hayashi-oni

hayashi-oni

Baboon General of Yokohama

maybe.i am not nerd but could be geek.but girls respect me for repairing their notebook computer.

Among the true cultural displays of this century.
Funny Man

its harder for the nerd to be with the girl but it makes it that much more rewarding when it does work out
if she dosent love him for who they are it wont end well

im a nerd and ive never had a girlfriend , mostly because im quiet and withdrawn...............but in a way i feel when i do meet the one person who understands me for me it will be alot easier to talk to them

I 'm not sure about that but don't worry about it. just do your best.

Gee, guys... Long time no see.
And i must admit , God sometime bring unexpected splendor into my life.
I am, fall in love with a girl, and .... i asked her to be my girlfriend, she agreed.

She's my classmate, we weren't intimate for three years, i was shy to speak to her 'cause she's so beautiful. She was shy to speak to me 'cause (in her word) i'm so 'talented'...
She love me, that i understand and care about what she really wants. She also said i behave well as a good boy (probably she's tired of the fancy words of playboys)

So, cheerio, my friends, maybe being nerdy isn't an obstacle on the way of finding love, afterall, a true heart and a loving personality are the key elements.

I think the OP's biggest problem is that he's not outspoken enough. If he keeps acting that way , girls will always walk over him and probably never hit on him. You need to be the kind of guy that says, so what, I fucking love Touhou, anime, games, etc, got a problem with it? Basically you just need more confidence man. Girls find that kind of stuff appealing.

I think you have your own style it just like the character in anime that have their own character ,you have to proud of yourself.If you really gave a good care and love her but she still gone like this.... trust me she's not good enough for you and you'll meet another girl that fits with you :)

medorico

medorico

Existing is not living

That girl wasn't really into you at all, she was just looking for someone to do all of her work for her and I'm a 23 year old girl and I fricking love anime and I've never been considered a nerd so that girl doesn't know what she's talking about. Girls tend to look for different things in guys as they get older and a so called "nerd" has many qualities that women look for. I kind of tend to go for nerds sometimes and that thing where being a "nerd" means you're automatically unattractive is just crap because I know some hot as hell nerds. Besides, these kinds of guys tend to appreciate all the right things in a woman and at the end of the day that's what counts. Plus they tend to know what's going on in the world around them-more so than an ordinary guy- which means that when you meet a girl you'll always have something to talk about, it's just a matter of finding out what interests her most. I myself like to learn new things and there's a whole bunch of stuff I don't know and "nerdy" guys I know are always clueing me in which is great and the reason I hang out with them. Oh and by the way, the reason nerds are nerds is because they're super intelligent and yeah it's hard to associate with everyone else because they're average and ordinary but remember that the nerd is guaranteed to succeed and every woman loves a successful man, nerd or no nerd.

Action and reaction, ebb and flow, trial and error, change - this is the rhythm of living. Out of our over-confidence, fear; out of our fear; clearer vision, fresh hope. And out of hope, progress.............
Bruce Barton

Here where I live the nerds are not so unhappy. Rather, they even have some respect. If you live here, I think you'll haven't so many problems.

eijem

eijem

Eijem loves YAOI

I think it's ok to be nerd.

And also, I like weird guys cause I'm weird too. ^^

Otakus rule!

?? ? ?? Happy Birthday! Juudaime! ?? ? ??

Yes, eventually.

I'm a girl and most of the guys I like are COMPLETE NERDS. In fact, one of the things I like the most in guys is nerdiness. :D

Sometimes you are the windshield. Sometimes you are the bug.

yeah, man, she was totally with you for the homework help, but I can tell u right now- a girl who doesnt like a cartoon once in a while must not have a funny or humorous side, she must not be in touch with her inner child. Where is the fun in that? lol. But, I will tell you right now, I am a girl, but I cannot stand people who only want to sit around all day and watch anything, be it anime, movies or play video games. If u r on ur butt 23 out of a 24 day, not cool, the again, I have known 2 relationships that have lasted as they both love the same things and they both do an extremly amount of sitting and watching a tv screen. Most people like to get out, be active and do something else u know? But totally, you sound like an awesome and very interesting person and you will find your someone someday. Good luck my man!

i think you are a really brave and awesome person just based on the fact that you broke up with her after you realized that she's been using you
my best friend was dating a guy that was using her, all of her friends (including me) tried to get her to break up with the guy because he was just abusing her love for him but she didn't have the courage to break up with him since the guy was really popular and it's kind of "an honor" to date him. and she doesn't really want feel like she's not like by the opposite gender. i took her 3 years to break up with him

now i really can't say whether most girls would like a guy who's an otaku and a nerd (i personally don't mind though), but i think that most people likes a person who could stand up for himself/herself

misaki-007

misaki-007

"ROGER BOSS"

I think girls can fall in love with nerds I know I have may times but their mostly in to computers and sometimes video games and not so much a otaku like I am but we still get along

I think what u did was right and some day you'll fined that girl you're so post to be with i now it so hung in there

No matter how nerd a man or woman are,people won't married him just because he/she is a nerd.But people will judge him or her form the kindness of his or her heart

Kyuoto

Kyuoto

Engineered buddy

As long as you know where your priorities lie, i'm sure you'll be fine. Of course people generally don't like their mate to be absorbed into anime/manga so much because it's simply a hobby.

However, if you are into that and you got a decent job and some decent income life. It really comes down to if she likes you or not. If she does, just don't ignore her and try to get along.

Your ex-girlfriend seems like a total bitch. Girls do like nerds, I even like them ;) You just have to find someone who has similar interests as you do, but watch out for the girls who are faking it. You'll end up in a complete mess if you fall for the fakers.

page 2 of 4 « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next » 87 total items

Back to Love, Friends & Family | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.