Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Boys or Girls - Minitokyo

Boys or Girls

page 1 of 1 21 total items

Kanvas

Kanvas

Treasures-of-Life Collector

I can see that on most of the wallpapers ARE girl(s), only some fearture boy(s) or animal(s)....
Can i ask all wallers what you think causes that?

-Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.

-If you could kick the person in the pants responsible for most of your trouble, you wouldn't sit for a month.
-------Theodore Roosevelt---------

d00d34

d00d34

The Self Saviour

i guess the majority of computer and anime people are guys and girls in wallpapers are very pleasing to the eye.

Signature
Ours is not to reason why, but to do or die.

because girls are really pretty
men loves look at girls and girls likes look at a pretty girl too
but men don't really likes look at a handsome man
that is the difference
i think that is why much of wallpapers's makers use girls
and i totally agree with them^^

reiayanami

reiayanami

NeedZ BoY Syndrome

even i'm a girl,but u know when we see anime girls, they look so cute, start with their hair, their eyes, isn't that look so cute, they like a doll. ^_^

I'm alone,,
need someone beside me
need someone more wise than me..
need someone to care

ZGMF-X56S-Impulse

ZGMF-X56S-Impulse

its my personal interest cauz why would i like guy wallapaper unless im gay which im not n girls look better/pretty in anime wallpaper

Quote by ZGMF-X56S-Impulseits my personal interest cauz why would i like guy wallapaper unless im gay which im not n girls look better/pretty in anime wallpaper

why would liking a guy walllpaper make you gay? i like/make plenty of walls with guys, doesnt mean jack. i sense a homophobe.....

Heh, possibly, crapmon. XD Either way. I'm female and don't really like to look a girls. *shrugs* Personal preference. Guys are just more appealing to the eye.

i think it's a combination of a lack of many good/wallable scans featuring guys. Also because there's a veritable plethora of those 'soft' type artworks featuring girls. Those one-kawaii-figure-on-white-background types of scans are easy to extract and wall, I think. :)

Quote by d00d34i guess the majority of computer and anime people are guys and girls in wallpapers are very pleasing to the eye.

Then why was I the first to vote for "wallers are mainly male"? ^_~

Some of you may have serious issues with that opinion, I see that "personal interest" is the popular response. But from the above posts, it's obvious at least some "personal interest" come from wallers being male. As a female, I do like wallpapers of anime girls - it depends on the wall - but I can't help but sometimes feel impossibly ungainly in comparison...

Quote by crapmonster

Quote by ZGMF-X56S-Impulseits my personal interest cauz why would i like
guy wallapaper unless im gay which im not n girls look better/pretty in
anime wallpaper

why would liking a guy walllpaper make you gay? i like/make plenty of
walls with guys, doesnt mean jack. i sense a homophobe.....

My little brother would probably say the same thing, and I think crapmonster's right. XD Having a Spike walll doesn't make you any more gay, Impulse, than having a Sakura wall makes me a lesbian.

On ne recolte que ce qu'on a seme.

markjo

markjo

a bookworm & a film buff

I think that there are not many male scans that are beautiful and good enough for walling...

Cloudnine

neko mimi modo~!

hmmm~ personally I'd rather use couple images than single character images, but good ones are rare and hard to come by ^^;;

Osiris

Retired Moderator

Osiris

(>^-^)>( . Y . )

I just perfer walling girls, personal interest ^_-

Another reason would be because ive need seen a scan featuring a male model which i would like to wall

Signature

Good non-female scans are very rare.

In general illustrators pay usually more attention to the female design than male, there are very few exception of it. One reason probably would be that many illustrators are males themselves and the other reason is that female body is more expressive and can be manipulated easily. I mean from social point of view, in how many positions you can put a male character without him looking ridiculous, far too few comparing to a female.

proj

proj

piracy~Digita

anime fems for personal interest, but if i cross paths with a decent anime male - then i wouldn't mind weaving a good wallpaper of him as well (even though that's a rarity at times..); but for the most part ~ i tend to be drawn towards things which i perceive as beautiful, & the anime fem is a purer rendition of beauty, style & grace - far more than RL men & women.. ^^

Angelcat

Angelcat

Be yourself and not your image

Well, most wallers use Girls for their wallpapers, but most wallpapers are made by guys.
I love to use girls for my wallpapers, because they make it look good!!

Signature

Well, I can think of a variety of reasons, but the simpel fact is that guys like to look at pretty things (you know what I mean), and are more inclined to look at them en mass. That being said, guys also like to share their junk with anyone, and thus flood teh internet with these images of pretty things. Therefore, your run of the mill web surfer will have a horrid time actually finding half decent male scans compared to the multitude of female scans. Plus, most of the work done here is obviousely derived directly from Japan, and because of that, their will always be far more female images then male ones because that's just how the Japanese are.

*Whew*

im gonna go and say that i think most wallers are men , not just wallers , but more men are into al the image editing software stuff , but thats just my guess.

most of my walls have anime girls in them , but can you blame me , im a man , most of the day im thinking about a girl , thats just my nature , i also do guy walls , i have some pretty cool KOF walls.

id say for every 10 girl walls i make i do 4 guy walls , its alot harder to find a decent guy pick than a girl .

Signature

KorganoS

KorganoS

Busy atm ^_^;;

I say, girls are cute, girls are sexy, girls are pretty, girls are nicer to look at,.. and I'm not a yaoi or bishounen fan ^^
i make walls out of cute girls images, but sometimes I do make wall from cool male chara, such as Tetsunosuke from pmk,... and Athrun from gseed... that's just a matter of preference... and mood

For HQ anime pieces of art
visit : [FRAGMENTS] - www.crash.inweb.dk

I rather look at a female than a male???

Is that so wrong :D :d???

i love to draw, make things with women, Guys like to look at pretty things and most wallers are guys.

Tama-Neko

Tama-Neko

Invisible

I think it's not that most wallers are male (there are a good number of talented women in this community) but the target audience is more heavily male-biased, which means female-based wallpapers garner more attention and praise than an equivalent male-based wallpaper.
As for myself, I wall whatever image I think looks good, and based on what I can do with the image. The sex of the character(s) is usually secondary although female scans can be more fun just because the clothing styles can be much more varied (more accessories and stuff.) I do try to balance out my male-female wp ratio every so often, though (my last wp was of guys from Tactics, and my current project is also of guys from Spiral.)

Asahi

Asahi

gone

non-female-scan is rare <--------- especially GOOD scans of boys/men .. its a pitty.

and a pitty 2 is: that more people love female charas on it ! >_<

Vincent

Vincent

Endymion

Definitely the community and people who give out favorites are overwhelmed by the male masses - resulting in many favorites for wallpapers , with sometimes a quality that makes my eyes start to yell in pain, with female characters (most of the time with barely even any clothes on).
I say : Stop this mass-favoritism for ecchi-girlpics and look more at the quality of the wallpapers and their details - there are so many wallpaper-artists here that have lots'a skill and dont get more than 4 favs in one day...

Signature

.Recent Work - A visual poem called :
.Dolphins [And the world keeps turning..].

page 1 of 1 21 total items

Back to Art | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.