Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Lacus, she is a RELENA - Minitokyo

Lacus, she is a RELENA

Tagged under Mobile Suit Gundam Wing

page 1 of 1 9 total items

LilWashu

LilWashu

The greatest scientific genius!

It's been well known that there are countless Char Aznable clones out there throughout the Gundam series, but I've been wondering how many female characters are there based on or inspired by Relena Peacecraft? Of course, Relena herself was based on Sayla Mass.

Here's what I can think of on the top of my head:

*Princess Rele (SD Gundam Force)
*Lacus Clyne
*Cagalli
*Marina Ismail
*Audrey Burne (although to be fair, she appeared before Relena)

A Relena should have at least the following quantitles:

*She is to have been born into royalty and/or her parent(s) were (a) very influential politician(s)
*Has a close connection (romantically or not) with the male lead character
*Has an older relative who's a soldier and a high-ranking pilot
*Rarely pilots a mobile suit, if at all
*She is very popular with the people, and she cares for their well-being
*Has a huge political clout
*Normally a pacifist, although how they enforce it depends on the character
*Very headstrong

As for the topic name, bonus points to those who can find out which line I'm referring to.

minayuri

minayuri

Like An Endless Waltz

In looking over your description of a Relena-type, the closest one I know of who fits everything you listed is Gundam F91's Cecily Fairchild a.ka. Berah Ronah. Cecily came before Relena as she is a character of the Universal Century series.

1.She was born into the Ronah Royal Family, leaders of the Crossbone Vanguard militia and the Cosmo Babylonia movement. Her mother left the family and married a common man named Theo Fairchild and Berah was renamed Cecily Fairchild.
2.Cecily is the girlfriend of Seabook Arno, a young man that would become the pilot of Gundam F91. So they already had a close relationship before he became a Gundam pilot.
3.She has her biological father named Carozzo "Iron Mask" Ronah, whom is a high ranking soldier in the Crossbone Vanguard and is also a pilot. He wears a mask that covers his entire head.
4.She does pilot a mobile suit in service to the Crossbone Vanguard, but her primary role is to serve as the nation's queen.
5.She is quite popular with the people, since she was her high school's idol(she won a contest) and her popularity is seen as an asset by her grandfather, Meitzer Ronah and wants her to be the symbol of the family's nation as queen.
6.She does considering she comes from a powerful family.
7.Cecily later on does not agree with her family's ways and eventually denounces them and in her later years leads the way with Seabook to stop the Jupiter Empire from conquering Earth, and after the conflict she marries Seabook and lives a peaceful life with him, running a bakery.
8.She can be headstrong at times.

Signature

LilWashu

LilWashu

I went with Relena because, outside of the diehard Gundam fanbase, if I ask a mainstream/casual anime fan about popular female characters from the Gundam series, they'll more likely to answer the following: any of the women from Wing (including Relena), Rain, Allenby, Lacus, Sayla, Lalah, Quess, etc.

And to add to the Relena-expy list:

*Dianna Soreil (Turn A)

minayuri

minayuri

Like An Endless Waltz

Another character who fits the bill like Relena outside of the Gundam universe is Code Geass' Euphemia Li Brittania, in a connection proccess it would be Relena->Lacus->Euphemia.

Signature

LilWashu

LilWashu

I'm prollying guessing that the Sayla could be split into two different categories: one who piloted a mobile suit (Cecily) and one that never piloted a mobile suit (Relena).

I would think that Cagalli would go into the Cecily category, since she piloted a mobile suit.

How does that sound?

minayuri

minayuri

Like An Endless Waltz

That sounds good.

Signature

LilWashu

LilWashu

I made out a lineage tree of the Gundam females inspired by Sayla Mass:

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j67/washuchan282_2113/SaylaFamilyTreeV1.gif

minayuri

minayuri

Like An Endless Waltz

Awesome chart you made, great job on it.

Signature

LilWashu

LilWashu

Replaced old chart with better version.

page 1 of 1 9 total items

Back to In-depth Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.