Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Sorry it took so long, but--- - Minitokyo

Sorry it took so long, but---

Group announcement by Oldsters

page 1 of 1 12 total items

sailorchiron

sailorchiron

Memories of Eliteness

---I finally put the code up on the group page for the banners. If you select all of the text in the white box under the banner, and put that in your profile contents, the banner will link back to Oldsters when you click on it.

Any ideas on what we could do to perk things up a bit? The guestbook's getting kinda dead again.

Ripping walls? You're headed to Banned-ville.
Signature Image

fireflywishes

Retired Moderator, Linguistics

fireflywishes

Calgon, take me away~!

Perhaps someone want to design a new layout for the group? XD

Signature Image

maybe this would be a really nice idea. Something matching the banners would be great^^
but i must say canging the minitokyo layout got hard. I'm not so good at it.
And i'm really busy with some wallpapers i'm making at the moment.

Elves

Elves

Wandering/Wondering Soul

Thanks for getting the code up for the banners, Sailorchiron. :) They work great!

The page could use a layout update, but that's kinda technically specific.

If we're aiming to get a lot of members active, I did have that story writing idea a while back. (I think it's going on two years ago now. *sigh* -_- ) Anyway, we could ask members to write, say, a 500 word story about what actually happened to them during a previous summer break/vacation. We could turn it into a contest of sorts.

Signature
Proud Member & Admin of::.Oldsters.::

@Elves Well that would be kinda interesting, its just that i don't have enough holiday to write hmm hundred of words^^

But what about writing a made up story^^ i mean we have lots of creative heads here, and i think this can be fun.
Writing a 500 word essay about my holidays sounds like homework (sorry to say this is just my opinion, couse i had to do this every year at school).

But i must say writing with you guys here, i begin to realize how much work it is to run such a group.

sailorchiron

sailorchiron

Memories of Eliteness

I'd be happy to make a layout...but I don't know how to do a group layout. I'll ask some of the people that have done them and get back to you.

Writing stories would be fun...maybe we could make them scary stories? Or funny ones? Those are always the best.

Signature Image

fireflywishes

Retired Moderator, Linguistics

fireflywishes

Calgon, take me away~!

Lol, I could share some of my blind date stories... those are both scary AND funny. XD j/k j/k!

Signature Image

sailorchiron

sailorchiron

Memories of Eliteness

Quote by fireflywishesLol, I could share some of my blind date stories... those are both scary AND funny. XD j/k j/k!

xD HAHAHAHA!

Signature Image

Elves

Elves

Wandering/Wondering Soul

Quote by fireflywishesLol, I could share some of my blind date stories... those are both scary AND funny. XD j/k j/k!

XD *dies laughing* You know what they say, every joke exists because there's some truth in it.

If we want to go ahead with the story writing idea, I'm open to any topic. I just think it'd be more concise to narrow it down so the stories would have a common theme. There is the possibility we could offer three different topics to give some variety.

@ Clover: Thanks for the nod at the work it does take to run a group! Much appreciated. Fireflywishes and Sailorchiron get extra points since they patrol MT as well. :)

Signature

back to the story writing topic^^ it crossed my mind after reading some kind of a poem or phrase on the net.
I have saved it couse it was a great inspiration and i originally wanted to make a wallpaper for it.
But how about this we can write short stories about a phrase or peom we like.

The peom i found goes like this
"Deep in the Forest
where mystical creatures roam
lies the unseen treasure only
fearies known.
For every moving leaf
and creacking branch
brings a chance to be
fearie enhanced!
For these secrets of old are
yet to be told..
As you stroll down this
enchanted road
you just might be led into
The Fairy Knoll
For only if you truly believe
may these
mystical beings show
themself to thee..."

I know its really long and tells you most of the story^^ but it would be fun to know if there are more people that uses something like this as an inspiration.

merged: 06-20-2010 ~ 11:30pm
i really hate it when text gets merged down

Elves

Elves

Wandering/Wondering Soul

That's not a bad idea, Clover. Thanks for the suggestion. :)

Signature

every one needs to help out if we want to stay active^^

page 1 of 1 12 total items

Back to Group Announcements | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.