Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 which is better? long animes or short ones? - Minitokyo

which is better? long animes or short ones?

page 2 of 5 « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next » 108 total items

I like both. It really depends on how the anime goes. But, I had long animes with 189381902834 fillers like Naruto.

it depends on the anime and if you like it or not..for example i love inuyasha and card captor sakura..the problem with the short animes is the final, always has the open doors, i mean didn't tell us a real end

if the storyline is good then it would be better if it would be longer like those action-packed ones, for the short ones i think it most suits the romance genre imo

Loooooooooooooooong! ^___________^

it depends...

As long as the story line is good, both long or short are good to me. Good long ones are like Fushigi Yuugi, Slam Dunk, Bleach etc. Short ones like Cowboy Bebop, Ouran High School and Vampire Knight are really good too.

It depends.
Both have very nice onces.

erm.... depend on the type of comic.... if it is shoujo i prefer short story....

I prefer anime's that last for 12-24 episodes and then have another couple of seasons, i find that usually the long ones become boring after the 20 or so episode.

i agree that short anime is better, because...well, the story often crossed the main line 'cause too many episodes. But still i do enjoy the oneshot's episodes. We can see the character's developments...growing...or their differents sides... I think.

long better than short

I like short ones

For me, It depends on the anime. An anime can 've 300 caps and be just horrible. But I prefer long ones

I prefer long ones even it just feels so bad when they end. :<

I prefer the shorts ones. I think the best ones are those with 23-26 episodes. The maximum number of episodes of a anime to watch (for me) is 50.

Depends from various thing: plot, characters, type of anime (like if it's an ecchi or an action/horror) etc.

But I love anime with a good plot so I prefer the long ones.

Yeah, I know, my english Suck.

Both are good

Short are my preferred. easier to keep track of, and cowboy bebop proves it's still possible to have great character development as well.

anime should take as long as it needs to be.
A long anime that was cut short would be bad
and a short anime that was extended would also be bad
The point im trying to make is take the time you need to tell your story.

Long...........................

I like both, but there are times where I'd prefer a longer one to be shorter (Bleach, Naruto, Inuyasha, etc) or a shorter one longer (F91, Kampfer, Elfen Lied, etc).

In general, short ones I don't really expect very much from since, well, they're meant to be short UNLESS it's based on a manga that IS longer, then I might have problems, lol.

However, if an anime is intended to be longer then I DO expect the standards to also be a bit higher. Things like...

1.) Decent overall plot. Good plot twists, irony, all that stuff.

2.) Good and balanced character development (which ones like Bleach and Naruto are NOT doing a good job of).

3.) Stemming from #2, a decent background. I don't (always) want simple, cliche good guys and bad guys; I want more of a middle ground where (some) can't really be that distinguished; good guys can even be easily swayed to be bad while bad guys can end up being very sympathetic and even cheered for depending on the circumstance. Hell, sometimes they may not even be "bad" at all when it comes down to it, but merely misguided, misunderstood, etc.

4.) Also stemming from #2, if they have some sort of power, I don't want it to be some all-powerful ability; it needs to have flaws and weaknesses and I also don't want characters just (easily) getting stronger and stronger because of it (another thing Bleach and Naruto tend to do), especially if other characters with abilities get left in the dust.

Gundam (usually UC series) tend to do a good job with this. About half of the alternate universes don't though...(exceptions being G Gundam, Gundam X, and Turn A Gundam for me). Some people may not believe it, but being a Newtype doesn't make a character invincible in MS battles and it DOES have flaws; just look at what became of Amuro and Char after Lalah died. And look at how unstable and imperfect Cyber-Newtypes turn out to be and so on. And, as shown during such series, a good pilot can still fight Newtypes on equal grounds, even if they're using some advanced bit/funnel weaponry.

MANDy

MANDy

So...hot...

Depends on the anime, some anime will not developed a good story if it goes too long.

I do not fear death, but I do fear of losing sight on what I believe in.
hetalia-axis-powers

Those without fillers.

Mene, mene, tekel, parsin

Quote by leonardobarbaThose without fillers.

its difficult for long anime not to have fillers.
but fillers are pretty bad they can create unnecessary plot holes

page 2 of 5 « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next » 108 total items

Back to General Anime & Manga Talk | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.