Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 which is better? long animes or short ones? - Minitokyo

which is better? long animes or short ones?

page 3 of 5 « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next » 108 total items

Longer animes, especially those based on unfinished manga, will more than likely have a few fillers. As I say about them before, it can depend on the content of the filler(s) as some fillers can offer deeper info without (always) creating plotholes or inconsistencies. Fillers CAN be a good thing in the long-run sometimes too since sometimes simply watching the anime itself isn't much better than just reading the manga, so it'd be like seeing the exact same things over again, which can be a bit boring.

MizuuHime

MizuuHime

is really need more holidays

Maybe short anime. But sometimes I like long anime too as well their story is very interesting :)

i like long anime like naruto

nyanyan

nyanyan

????????

It depends, If the ending of the anime satisfies me - I don't care how many episodes there is!

"If you're scared, you might as well just cling to my arm. Creates more of an atmosphere."

I actually like long animes better than the short ones. Of course, that's only if the anime itself has a good plot. Generally, I hate it when a good plot stops after only 24 episodes or many of the major plots gets changed because of trying to compress it in one series. Season 2 and onwards is always nice though not all.

Honestly, I like both long and short anime. It is really depend on how good it is.

SHORT, is the best trama than LONG since ever xD

Acez

Fallere092

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

There are a few good long anime but what I don't like about them is that the animation studio start to fill in many filler arcs to give some lead time to the manga, like Naruto and Bleach, and that's what makes them go downhill, so I stick with the manga version. But there are some REALLY good anime that is made too short like Eden of the East and had to be ended with two movies, which for me didn't make it.
Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood was made in an odd number of episodes as it followed the manga in this re-run, it wasn't too long but I felt it was just right, but that some parts where cut off or left too short.
I generally prefer 26 Ep anime as I feel is plenty enough time to develop and offer a good ending to the plot like Clannad and Gundam 00, though there where two seasons plus a movie for both, and Gundam 00 movie coming out this winter, can't wait. For me 00 was finished at the second season but the movie looks promising, and Clannad movie was just a bit different storyline.

ryeoseung

ryeoseung

D i e ( ... ) g o

Both are good ...

I guess it depends on the mood XD ! . . <- am a bit mOoDy "

Mekartur

Mekartur

Hiko Seijuro

That depend's.... In general, long animes have many fillers. But that doesn't mean everything. My favorite anime is a long one, Rurouni Kenshin.

Hiten-Mitsurugy-Ryu: KUZU-RYU-SEN!!

Depends though...if the story is wrapped up well then I don't see the reason to prolong it. But most anime don't do this well and it just keeps me hanging or feeling like they've skipped over some parts to fill the quota. OTL

chibitanteijun

i love anime, jpop, jdrama

long ones

I perfer long ones and at a good pace not too fast or slow. Short ones i feel like they keep you hanging for another season or to read the manga. Though there are a few short ones that i think was good but wanted another season but afraid it might kill the anime lol

i think it mostly depends on the story...not really how long it is...

but it's more confortable to watch a small/medium one...

around 50 episodes is way good isn't it? lol

not too little, not too big

i like the classic 24 eps animes!:D

LadyCrosszeria

LadyCrosszeria

Crimson Butterfly

Personally, I don't mind if they're short ones or long ones as long as they have a proper ending, the animators STICK with the story and that they don't mess up the art. I hate it when they use a ton of fillers that have nothing to do with the story or when they change the main plot so much you don't even know what's going on anymore.
There's a couple of animes I watched that truly displeased me because they changed the story as much as they wanted or because they left it endingless or completely messed up the ending, examples of that would be D.Gray Man, Death Note, Eyeshield 21 and Bleach. Of all these have at least one of the things I hate, lol.
That's why I prefer the manga over the anime, although it's really nice to see your fav manga animated, sometimes you're better off not watching it. =.=

"We don't have time to waste asking for the things we don't have. We can only look for the best way to fight with the things we have. For our whole life."

blackbutler-kuroshitsuji

for me, too long of series make me bored, like naruto, detective conan and bleach... but too short makes me wanna scream, "where's season 2?"

LadyCrosszeria

LadyCrosszeria

Crimson Butterfly

Lol, yeah that happens a lot. It's hard to decide between short or long ones because of the points you mentioned above, but I think as long as they do a proper job, the watchers will be satisfied not mattering if it's short or long xD

"We don't have time to waste asking for the things we don't have. We can only look for the best way to fight with the things we have. For our whole life."

blackbutler-kuroshitsuji

I like short ones more cause normally they stick to the original storyline. When they get to know that they can make a lot of profit with an anime they start to strech it and produce too many fillers. That normally destroys the story completey.

I think it depends... If the anime is interesting, I'll like it to be longer. Some animes, like Loveless or Hakuouki (Even if 2nd season is coming *cheers*) has like that open ending that I hate. Well, I hate it because I loved the animes, but it makes them interesting, though.

Long ones like Naruto... neh. Not THAT long XD I think the story starts to loose sense and then it's just a bunch of fillings XD *Never seen Naruto*

I really like Long Animes.
Short Animes..the story get to short x.x

Quote by x3Vicox3Long ones like Naruto... neh. Not THAT long XD I think the story starts to loose sense and then it's just a bunch of fillings XD *Never seen Naruto*

Naruto, so far, is...Season 1 = 220 episodes and Season 2 (so far) = 177 episodes, so 397 episodes total with 509 manga chapters...which is NOTHING compared to Detective Conan (746 chapters, and 590 episodes last I saw and STILL going) x_x;;

page 3 of 5 « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next » 108 total items

Back to General Anime & Manga Talk | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.